NBA Draft 2006 Mock Draft w/ Profiles

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by N4S, Jul 11, 2004.

1. N4S

N4S BBW Member

2. Zhone

Zhone JBB JustBBall Member

It does great work collecting profiles/pictures, but a horrible job at actually predicting selections and moving people around when buzz / news happens. It's nice to know about possible up-and-comers. Also, very often, I disagree with their analysts, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

3. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

nbadraftcity.com or net can't remember which one, has very good profiles. Probably the best.

4. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

Ekene Ibekwe at selection no. 10? I've seen him play and he's and numbers belong late in the 2nd round.

5. MainMan

MainMan JBB JustBBall Member

keith broumbaugh at no12 ive seen this guy play at my high school, he has good hands as a big guy but thats it, no way in hell

6. Mez

Mez JBB JustBBall Member

It feels funny looking at the 2005 and 2006 mock drafts, because players coming in are actually as old as me, or even older now. Up until this year's draft every player has been younger than me, and it kind of feels weird to look at these guys younger than me will go to the NBA..

7. N4S

N4S BBW Member

Phreeze, don't feel weird because I felt that way about 6 years ago. Now it's just ridiculous because there like my younger sis's age, haha.

8. Zhone

Zhone JBB JustBBall Member

For draft sites, http://www.draftcity.com/index.php is the site I generally like the most. It gives feedback to people who send in materials, has occassional interviews and the same people actually make it to practices and camps, thus giving a very consistent review of players so that you can understand where they're coming from. And, it does have very good profiles.

Some of the players in this year's draft were born in 1986. One way I looked at it was to use it as motivation, i.e. "Hey, if these guys are playing professional basketball at this age, why can't I go do what I want."

9. invertedzero

invertedzero JBB JustBBall Member

wow ivan chiraev's back on the 1st rounders? hahahahahaha he better work his *ss off at the euro league

10. Peja King

Peja King JBB JustBBall Member

56.Sacramento James White 6-7 190 SG Cincinnati Jr.

the next gerald wallace!

11. S.Livingston14

S.Livingston14 JBB JustBBall Member

Yea, probably, but I really like James White, I have a streetball, video which has him in high school and he did a threw the legs dunk from like a foot inside the foul line it was crazy.

12. dachen33

dachen33 JBB JustBBall Member

dude...Yi Jian Lian will be the number one pick in the 2006 draft. Come on, even Yao Ming said that little Yi will be better than him in the future. Right now, Nike and China is improving him at every expect. Skills, fame and sent him to play with american players like Josh Smith and Al Jeferson. Just look at this way, he is a much better perpare Yao, and he is only 17 years old now and still growing. He is a lot better looking than Yao.

13. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

Greg Oden will be the number one pick. He's been tearing it up in all the workout camps, and scouts love him. He says he doesn't know how to play, but his time in his school will make him dominant. He just knows the fundamentals, which makes him the number 1 pick (check 1997 1st overall pick), but also, its not often you find a hard nose american kid like him that can play and be dominant. He's the totally oppisite of Jerome James.

14. Flight #23

Flight #23 JBB JustBBall Member

NBADraft.net is great, but 2006. draft is in 2 years.
    I remember 2 years ago 2003 mock was:
    1. Lebron
    2. Melo

then check this out

3. James White
    4. Kendrick Perkins
    7. Chris Duhon
    8. Rickey Paulding
    24.Darius Rice
    58. Marcus Banks

15. TheGameShutDown

TheGameShutDown JBB JustBBall Member

Hmmm, I don't remember White being that high, but I thought it was hilarious when Duhon was like top 5. Then on his profile, it said, "NBA Comparison: Isiah Thomas". Two years later it was "Howard Eisely".

16. Flight #23

Flight #23 JBB JustBBall Member

17. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Flight #23:</div><div class="quote_post">Duhon had talent, but never developed properly.
    Here's link for that 2003 mock:

http://www.nbadraft.net/2003mock053102.htm</div>

Duhon stayed a full 4 years in college, had he went 1 or 2 years, he would of been mid a first rounder. He didnt progress in duke as people expected, so that dropped his value.

18. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

Eh? They got Johan Petro going as high as 2nd in the 2005? What did I miss? [​IMG]

19. S.Livingston14

S.Livingston14 JBB JustBBall Member

He has performed well in Europe. The NBA loves 7 foot Power Forwards and he will be able to bang with the best of them. He was good enough to play for Frances under 18 team, when he was 16!!! He has a great baby hook. He also has a pure shot blocking talent, that can hardly be beat. He will be a good pro IMO.

20. og15

og15 JBB *********

Think Mickael Pietrus but the 7'0 PF version of him, no just kidding, but that's the kinda talent Petro has.