NBA Draft 2006 Mock Draft w/ Profiles

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by N4S, Jul 11, 2004.

1. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Flight #23:</div><div class="quote_post">NBADraft.net is great, but 2006. draft is in 2 years.
    I remember 2 years ago 2003 mock was:
    1. Lebron
    2. Melo

then check this out

3. James White
    4. Kendrick Perkins
    7. Chris Duhon
    8. Rickey Paulding
    24.Darius Rice
    58. Marcus Banks</div>
    Potential, they expect a guy to improve his sophomore year in College, and he does nothing, and that can really hurt you, James White had the athleticism, and if he refined his game, he could've been nig, but he's starting this year, we'll see.

2. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

Why would the magic draft Chris Paul after they just took a young PG in Jameer Nelson. I don't understand that pick...

3. MagicForEver123

MagicForEver123 JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TarHeel:</div><div class="quote_post">Why would the magic draft Chris Paul after they just took a young PG in Jameer Nelson. I don't understand that pick...</div>

First of all, where does it say that the Magic would pick him? The nbadraft.net Mock Draft 2006 (updated 30 October) has the Magic picking Greg Oden at No 1 and Brandon Bass at No 31, both of them are not a PG.

Secondly, nbadraft.net ranks the picks accordingliy to the players and team's needs are not considered. I don't know whether this will change when we get closer to the actual draft day, but as of now, it's still a long time to go until Draft 2006 and many things can happen until then (even 2005 is not so close).

4. Hendrix

Hendrix JBB JustBBall Member

well, the thing updates like every day it probably did have them taking Paul...but the majority of the lottery really will be in the lottery if everybody enters

5. MagicForEver123

MagicForEver123 JBB Banned Member

Soory, my bad, I see now that TarHeel is not refering to nbadraft.net, which was mentioned in the first post, but to draftcity. And here Paul is really No 1 and picked by Orlando, but again this site doesn't take team needs into consideration. And by the way, do you really think Orlando will end up again with the No1 pick, I hope not, the playoffs should be possible for them.

6. NapTown'sFinest

NapTown'sFinest JBB JustBBall Member

the #1 pick is from Nap Town i live near him

7. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting NapTown'sFinest:</div><div class="quote_post">the #1 pick is from Nap Town i live near him</div>

Who would that be?

8. NapTown'sFinest

NapTown'sFinest JBB JustBBall Member

9. james23wcr

james23wcr JBB JustBBall Member

Hey everyone, names James, first post.

Anyway, I find nbadraft.net very inconsistent. draftcity.com seems fairly acurate, plus the profiles are better, no need to pay, more information and better site design.

That aside, what does everyone think about the increasing number of Europeans entering the league?

10. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting james23wcr:</div><div class="quote_post">Hey everyone, names James, first post.

Anyway, I find nbadraft.net very inconsistent. draftcity.com seems fairly acurate, plus the profiles are better, no need to pay, more information and better site design.

That aside, what does everyone think about the increasing number of Europeans entering the league?</div>

First of all, Welcome to JBB! [​IMG]

I think nbadraft.net's mocks are more accurate but I love draftcity's profiles for players. Both sites are very good though.

11. S.Livingston14

S.Livingston14 JBB JustBBall Member

To answer your question on the Europeans James, I think it's plainly attributed to the overall growing popularity of the game. And we are now sending our players over seas to work with programs such as Basketball Without Borders and so on. Also European players don't have all the hype as kids, so they are not worrying about that. Foreign players normally have the best fundamentals. The game is better because of them.

12. james23wcr

james23wcr JBB JustBBall Member

Yes, they definetly have the best fundamentals. Could it be because they arent as athletic hence not trying to always dunk or do tricky reverse layups and such? Also, I find European players more disciplined.

13. Flight #23

Flight #23 JBB JustBBall Member

The problem is that nba teams draft european players too early (young), before they even had first profesional playing experience and they can't contribute for a long time. For example, this guy Biendris or something like that was drafted by GSW, he will get guaranteed 4 year aprox. 10M $ contract. But he can't contribute for 2-3 years, maybe even his entire rookie contract. And that's wasted money. But much smarter move for nba clubs would be if they would sign some established euro player. Example: Croatian Nikola Vujcic (6'11) is the best big men in europe right now. He's playing PF/C for european champion Maccabi Tel Aviv and averageing 18 ppg & 8 rpg. He is maybe even cheaper than Biendris.

14. urbannomad23

urbannomad23 JBB JustBBall Member

james! how u doin buddy! welcome to just bball!

Draftcity is better, listen to the man. lol

15. BigBlueFan

BigBlueFan BBW Member

I think that Kentucky forward Kelenna Azubuike will eventually be higher than a 2nd round pick. He's still a junior and is already very explosove. He'll be Kentucky's go-to man this year and that should make him a much better of a scorer. That's all that's really missing, is that he doesn't score as much as I'd like, but he'll be a good one come 2006.

16. hipokrat_x(LV)

hipokrat_x(LV) JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Flight #23:</div><div class="quote_post">The problem is that nba teams draft european players too early (young), before they even had first profesional playing experience and they can't contribute for a long time. For example, this guy Biendris or something like that was drafted by GSW, he will get guaranteed 4 year aprox. 10M $ contract. But he can't contribute for 2-3 years, maybe even his entire rookie contract. And that's wasted money. But much smarter move for nba clubs would be if they would sign some established euro player. Example: Croatian Nikola Vujcic (6'11) is the best big men in europe right now. He's playing PF/C for european champion Maccabi Tel Aviv and averageing 18 ppg & 8 rpg. He is maybe even cheaper than Biendris.</div>

They are darfting young and perspective euros because NBA is about to change draft rules, and euros can be drafted after age of 21. I like Nikola Vujcic too, and at the moment he definetly better then Biedrins, but after 1 year, the situation will be diometricly difrent. By the way Biedrins will not play this season at all, because he is spending all the energy on ading some weight. And if they would not darft him now with 12.th pick then in next year he would be top 5 pick.

17. SKingsFan104

SKingsFan104 JBB JustBBall Member

Rashad McCants at 22 that doesnt look right to me. he should be going in at least the teens. im refering to draftcity.com

18. S.Livingston14

S.Livingston14 JBB JustBBall Member

Well draftcity obviously hasn't looked at how eak he is on the defensive end, I don't care if he has played ok defense this year, he hasn't gone up against any above average offensive player. On a good night he is a mediocre defensive player. But on the good side he can shoot, and that's why if he leaves after this year he will probably be a 15-22, because the NBA drafts on potential, and he has a lot of potential.

19. SKingsFan104

SKingsFan104 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting S.Livingston14:</div><div class="quote_post">Well draftcity obviously hasn't looked at how eak he is on the defensive end, I don't care if he has played ok defense this year, he hasn't gone up against any above average offensive player. On a good night he is a mediocre defensive player. But on the good side he can shoot, and that's why if he leaves after this year he will probably be a 15-22, because the NBA drafts on potential, and he has a lot of potential.</div>

ya i was expecting more around the 10-15 range but that makes sense

20. Billa_Bong

Billa_Bong JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting NapTown'sFinest:</div><div class="quote_post">greg oden</div>
    that guy was on the news, he will be good, he has a way good atitude about the game and he way modest, good attributes for a player.