NBA Draft Lottery could determine Jimmy Butler suitors

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by truebluefan, May 15, 2017.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

What are the Bulls going to do? Blow it up and trade Jimmy Butler, try and build around him, or continue neither in their run with mediocrity?

At this point all we can do is guess, speculate and debate. But Tuesday night’s NBA Draft Lottery may move the needle slightly in identifying the Bulls offseason and future of the organization.

Four teams hold double-digit chances at securing the number one overall pick; Boston via Brooklyn, Phoenix, Los Angeles and Philadelphia (an annual event for them). If Bulls management is leaning towards moving on from Butler behind closed doors, which of these teams would they’d be willing to negotiate with should they land the top spot?

Read more http://www.blogabull.com/2017/5/11/15620184/nba-draft-lottery-could-determine-jimmy-butler-suitors

2. stampedehero

stampedehero Make Your Day, a Doobies Day Staff Member Moderator

Part Time Building Inspector
    The obvious choices are the Sixers and the Lakers.

3. truebluefan

I have been thinking the same thing since the last game was played. I really believe he will be traded this time

Boston? Hard to say. If they lose tonight, they may want to make a serious offer, especially if they get the #1 pick. If they go to the Eastern finals, maybe they stand pat. why? Because of their picks and some young players already on this team, they could be a very good team for many years to come. On the flip side, Horford is 31, the oldest player on the team(I think.) How much longer can he play at a level? Danny Ainge will really have to up his offer. I would want Bradley and Brown plus the pick I would not give him #16 back in return.

The Suns could also put together a nice package should they get the #1 pick. The pick, plus Knight and Criss is fine with me.

The Lakers? Yes, in fact I said this in another thread. Magic would want to get good sooner than later. Trade for Butler, sign George 2018, you have two really good players on the Lakers I agree that the Lakers would need to part ways with at least two of their young players and the pick

Philly? Possible. But I dont see it. If rumors were true at the last deadline, the Bulls wanted Okafor. He will have to be in any package, plus fillers and more than the #1 pick, Noel was traded at the deadline and Embid is not 100%. I dont see Philly trading him.

4. truebluefan

I agree with the Lakers, the sixers, I doubt it.

stampedehero likes this.
  5. stampedehero

stampedehero Make Your Day, a Doobies Day Staff Member Moderator

Part Time Building Inspector
    Just sayin....The Sixers are professional Lottery draft pickers.

6. bulls_with_booz

bulls_with_booz We're Selfish

Lakers makes sense, this whole Paul George jerks off to pictures of Los Angeles bullshit is just that. Pretty sure he wants to win, so if the Lakers are smart they'll come knocking on our door for Butler.