NBA Draft: Who was the Steal?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by B.e., Jun 29, 2005.

1. TDoug

TDoug JBB JustBBall Member

If Okafor continues to improve his all around game, and May can become a scorer facing the basket, and if R. Felton can develop a little more fieriness rather than nervousness, and if the BCats can stop all the penetration by opposing point guards in the 3rd and 4th quarters, and if they can find a reliable outside scorer who is not the point guard, then they are more than bound for the Playoffs. This is a vastly underrated team and I agree with you they got two good picks, but the whole team has work to do and both May and Felton will do their jobs.

2. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

I bet Billy Knight is smacking himself in the head for passing up Chris Paul. Marvin Williams could turn out to be a good player, but Paul has been so good so quick, and he still has tons of potential.

3. superman32

superman32 JBB Banned Member

call me crazy but i think jason maxiell of the pistons, that guys a beast, they say hes the next big ben, im not, but joe dumars is

4. Buckets

Buckets JBB JustBBall Member

About the Orien Greene comment, I dont think he was drafted. I think he went undrafted and signed with Boston.

5. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Buckets:</div><div class="quote_post">About the Orien Greene comment, I dont think he was drafted. I think he went undrafted and signed with Boston.</div>

He was drafted at #53.

6. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

*Insert your team's rookie here.*

7. FedEx227

FedEx227 JBB JustBBall Member

^lol aint that the truth "JOSH POWELL!"

the biggest steal in the draft such far is looking like Charlie V., hes been playing beyond what most thought he would have, hes looking like an earlier ROY candidate (along with Paul, Williams)

8. CrazyArtest

CrazyArtest JBB JustBBall Member

gerald green, salim stoudemire,

9. Diesel

Diesel BBW Member

Luther Head, Jason Maxiell, Wayne Simien

Dumbest move was passing up on Chris Paul as Atlanta. I swear Atlanta has to be the sorriest excuse for a sports franchise the world has ever known.

10. CrazyArtest

CrazyArtest JBB JustBBall Member

Ya, atlanta are idiots of not getting him and getting marvin..

11. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

I have to go with Chris Paul. He has been playing incredible for the first year and instead Atlanta took Marvin. What a mistake.
    The other one is Luther Head. I have seen some games and I thought he wouldn't produce this year but he is also playing well. Good pick for the Rockets.

12. The Prince

The Prince JBB JustBBall Member

Chris Paul
    Channing Frye (Was hoping the Lakers could get him when I saw his highlights.)

13. Heat4Life

Heat4Life JBB JustBBall Member

When it's all said and done: Wayne Simien at #29

14. The Prince

The Prince JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Heat4Life:</div><div class="quote_post">When it's all said and done: Wayne Simien at #29</div>

I don't know about that one. Last year's sleeper Dorell Wright yeah, but I dunno about Simien. Well Wright isn't a sleeper yet but he will be.

15. J_Ray

J_Ray JBB JustBBall Member

I'm going to say Channing Frye, I told all you ppl he was for real, then everyone tells me he's the next Loren Woods [​IMG]

Salim Stoudamire, Orien Greene, and Andre Owens (undrafted) are honorable mentions

16. Faisal

Faisal JBB JustBBall Member

Luther Head really surprised me. I thought he wouldn't impress much this season, but he's been great. Channing Frye has also impressed me, but he was a lottery pick so he isn't really a steal. Chris Paul is playing so well I think he should have been drafted two picks earlier. Salim Stoudamire was also quite a steal. He's doing well right now, mostly a scorer, but that's alright.

17. tinyballer

tinyballer JBB JustBBall Member

i believe tha the hawks did not make that bad of a decision since they no that al harington is probably going to leave atlanta so they took marvin so that josh smith could man the pf in future marvin mans the sf childress mans the sg and if salim develops he could man the pg but its unlikely and theres a few good center prospects and point guard prospects maybe they are going for rajon rondo an explosive point guard of maybe they will draft aldridge who noes but maybe marvin will actually turn out a better player than paul becuz he is still immature and raw and not ready but he could turn out to be quite a star in future.

18. TmacGarnett

TmacGarnett JBB JustBBall Member

The fact that chris paul went 4rth overall is not a steal at all because he was projeced at 3 or 4. Luther Head, Gerald Green, and Salim Stoudemire. Gerald Green needs playing time. Stoudemire is a marbury to be and Luther Head is just a class act and essential to the Rockets right now.

19. jbbSpursFan10

jbbSpursFan10 JBB Go Spurs! Go Rebels!

Luther Head. He is a solid player for the Rockets.

20. rookie789

rookie789 JBB Banned Member

whoever in the hawks takes charge on drafting players is an idiot, just look at the past top picks they chose, dermarr johnson at #4 was a bust, josh childress at #6 not a bust but couldn't do much since JJ and harington taks over for the team.. now marvin williams, at #2 he is way too high... hes not gonna be good for at least 4 years........

chris paul was definitely a steal, luther head and frye too