NBA Draft: Who was the Steal?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by B.e., Jun 29, 2005.

1. jbbSpursFan10

jbbSpursFan10 JBB Go Spurs! Go Rebels!

I think Williams should have just stayed at UNC till he was a junior or senior.

2. shootingmachine

shootingmachine JBB JustBBall Member

Cisco Garcia. He nearly got a triple double last night against the LA Lamegirls. 29 points, 12 assists and 8 boards. What a class pick.

3. rookie789

rookie789 JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting SpursFan10:</div><div class="quote_post">I think Williams should have just stayed at UNC till he was a junior or senior.</div>
    WORRDD!!! like many stupid players this is one of the million examples of entering the league too early

4. Diesel

Diesel BBW Member

Alright I now think that Danny Granger was the biggest steal in this years draft. This guy is defietly a top 5 player out of the draft this year.

5. bball_spida

bball_spida JBB JustBBall Member

Charlotte getting both May and Felton off a winning UNC team together! They already have the chemistry and will fit in nicely together. plus how could u let one of them go!

6. superman32

superman32 JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Bobcats:</div><div class="quote_post">1st round - Granger, Green, and Simien
    2nd round - Ukic and Gomes

Babcock and Ainge both made excellent 2nd round choices in Ukic and Gomes.</div>

David Lee Man!

7. DaveM123

DaveM123 JBB JustBBall Member

Well.... let's see! Based on what everyone was saying on draft night I would have to say Villanueva. Yup you know, Decembers Rookie of the Month.
    And it's not even close! According to everybody he should have been bagging groceries by now. Go ahead take a nice bite of that crow, how does it taste?

8. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

I love how all of the Charlie V bashers have just disappeared. I was shocked myself when the pick was first made, but I have been a Villanueva supporter from almost day one (took me a day or two to realize it was a solid pick). I was also quite mad when people on this forum were smashing this pick as well (won't mention any names) without even seeing him play.

9. TmacGarnett

TmacGarnett JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting DaveM123:</div><div class="quote_post">Well.... let's see! Based on what everyone was saying on draft night I would have to say Villanueva. Yup you know, Decembers Rookie of the Month.
    And it's not even close! According to everybody he should have been bagging groceries by now. Go ahead take a nice bite of that crow, how does it taste?</div>

You have an intrigueing way of rubbing it in people's faces, but you also have to think about how Toronto is such a bad team to play for right now in the fact that he gets alot of touches because he is a big part of the front court, but he is also coming off the bench so he is doing very very well.

10. DaveM123

DaveM123 JBB JustBBall Member

That's right! You just answered your own statement. He is coming off the bench, but the talent rises to the top, whether it is on a bad team or not. This guy is talented, there is no way to hide talent. He is a big contributor. And yes I am rubbing it in peoples faces because guaranteed if it was a GM on an upper echelon team picking CV instead of Babcock nothing would have been said. Also for all the people who actually took time out of their busy lives to rip CV on the message boards on draft night including that clown on ESPN who said Babcock should have been fired immediately after picking CV, wow some talent you have to have a player's career diagnosed as a bust without ever playing a single NBA game.

11. UnLeAsHeD

UnLeAsHeD JBB JustBBall Member

Atlanta not picking Chris Paul is going to haunt that franchise for the next decade...

My top 5 steals would have to be...

1. Luther Head
    2. Salim Stoudamire [at least the Hawks redeem themselves a little here...]
    3. Danny Granger
    4. Ryan Gomes
    5. Gerald Green

12. j0se

j0se JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting UnLeAsHeD:</div><div class="quote_post">Atlanta not picking Chris Paul is going to haunt that franchise for the next decade...

My top 5 steals would have to be...

1. Luther Head
    2. Salim Stoudamire [at least the Hawks redeem themselves a little here...]
    3. Danny Granger
    4. Ryan Gomes
    5. Gerald Green</div>

Gerald Green is in the NBDL

Ryam Gomes isn't even averaging 2 points per game.

13. rookie789

rookie789 JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting j0se:</div><div class="quote_post">Gerald Green is in the NBDL

Ryam Gomes isn't even averaging 2 points per game.</div>
    lol that dude who think those 2 are steals is a celtic fan lol of course who ever the celtic draft he think they are steals