NBA FA: July 16th-July 20th.

Discussion in 'vBCms Comments' started by Allana, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Allana

Allana 6th Man

Generally speaking I try to post everyday, or at least every other day, but of course, life happens, and so I apologize for being a little MIA. However, seeing as just because I'm not reporting the news, doesn't mean theres no news to report, lets get to it.

-Chicago Bulls sign Ronnie Brewer to a 3 year, $12.5 million deal (and boy oh boy am I proud of my Bulls for not letting the whole Lebron scandal get the best of them, still continuing to search for prime free agents who can help out their already solid roster).
    -Chicago Bulls sign C.J. Watson to a 2 year, $6.5 million deal (again, props to my Bulls for getting busy and pulling in talent).
    -Nate Robinson (or Nate the Great as many like to call him) returns to the Boston Celtics (and as much as I dislike them, I think he deserves more tick because he certainly helped them out in crucial moments during this year's Playoffs).
    -Houston Rockets sign Brad Miller to a 3 year, $15 million deal (and you better believe he'll be missed here in Chicago).
    -Matt Barnes is leaving the Orlando Magic and going to the Toronto Raptors on a 2 year, $9 million deal.
    -Wes Matthews is joining the Portland Trailblazers on a 5 year, $33 million deal.
    -John Howard is still "considering" playing for the Washington Wizards.
    -Atlanta Hawks are said to be interested in Shaq (can he retire already? I mean, hes lovable, but I think hes days are numbered...)
    -A rumor (and what I hope stays as that, and only that) that the Chicago Bulls are interested in Eddie House is beginning to spread.
    -Boston Celtics, Miami Heat, LA Lakers and the Charlotte Bobcats are all said to be looking into Larry Hughes (personally, I'd welcome him back to the Bulls with open arms but I know I'm one of few that feels that way).
    -Miami Heat sign Juwan Howard, earning the $1.3 million veteran's minimum.

All I can say is I wish basketball season started sooner because I am beyond excited to see how the league will perform after all this movement and rebuilding of teams. I know this summer was so hyped up due to players like Lebron James, but lets be real, outside of him and his fellow "big namers" like Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, there are plenty of free agents who are more than ready to help a team chase the ring. 2010-2011 NBA Season, I'm ready for you.

-A.