NBA Finals: Boston Celtics vs. LA Lakers (LA wins 4-3)

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Lakers' started by Mamba, May 29, 2010.

?

Lakers or Celtics

1. Lakers

70.8%
  2. Celtics

29.2%
  1. Patriot

Patriot Active Member

Re: NBA Finals: Boston Celtics vs. LA Lakers

KG is the biggest pussy I have ever seen in my life.

2. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Odom is a damn good player....when he brings it. As for backing down and getting rattled, not so much. Ask Garnett ;]

But yeah, I agree for the most part. Hopefully Gasol has matured from 2008. We'll find out soon enough, though.

3. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

I know, yet he still makes Pau his bitch somehow.

4. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

lol

[​IMG]

5. Patriot

Patriot Active Member

[video=youtube;2Ttn2o43Bug]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ttn2o43Bug[/video]

6. cmac44111

cmac44111 Banned

^

Care to put that up to sig bet if you're so confidant?

7. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

im in for a sig bet as well, lets do one :)

8. Patriot

Patriot Active Member

Count me in as well. lol

9. kobeownslebron

kobeownslebron 14-6

Yeah the guy is 22 & 11 in the playoffs he's real soft.

10. kobeownslebron

kobeownslebron 14-6

Not anymore.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  11. lakerman24

lakerman24 Member

I've been on this site since we were "justbball.com," and have NO idea how to do sigs, avatars, etc. If I did (or if you're willing to explain), I'll be game.

12. lakerman24

lakerman24 Member

And I think Artest CAN matchup with KG, why not? We matched up Artest with Stoudemire.

13. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

ah, JBB. I miss that place! :)

14. kobeownslebron

kobeownslebron 14-6

Do the Celtics have a chance to win the series ? Yeah but Kobe Bryant knows he can't lose this series as does the rest of the team it would make their last championship look like a fluke because Kevin Garnett wasn't playing in the postseason in 2009. The Lakers have all the ingredients to beat Boston this time. Particularly Bryant has to win this series after the humiliation in 2008. He knows if he wants to put considered the greatest basketball player of all time he must beat the Boston Celtics. Jordan had to go beat Boston now it's Kobe turn.

Kobe Bryant is playing imo the best basketball of his illustrious career he averaged nearly a triple double in the Western Conference Finals. He has scored 30 points or more 11 out of 16 playoff games. Ever since game 5 against the OKC Thunder he has been by far the best basketball player on the planet after which he had a slow start to the postseason because of numerous injuries. There is no secret while Bryant is back to playing like the best player in the world it's because of his health he's much, much healthier than he was at the end of the regular season and first couple of games of the playoffs. The Celtics have no one who can guard Bryant but neither does anyone and they will have to double team him which will leave his other teammates open like Pau Gasol, Ron Artest, Andrew Bynum, Lamar Odom, and Derek Fisher. In the 2008 Finals his teammates couldn't hit shots but this team he has more talent and a lot more Gasol, Odom, and Fisher are all playing much, much better than they did in 2008. Paul Pierce and Ray Allen are not the same players they used to be especially on defense and they don't have James Posey anymore who gave Bryant some problems.

Kobe will average well over 30 points in this series.

Pau Gasol because of Andrew Bynum will get to play his natural position at power forward because Bynum is playing center. Also Kevin Garnett is not the defender he once was and he has does not dominate players his size (6''11 at taller) the way he once was. I don't expect a huge offensive series from Garnett because he is gonna waste a lot of his energy guarding Gasol. Gasol's numbers are way up from what they were in 2008 he is scoring 21 points in the post season as opposed to 16 in 2008 and grabbing 11 boards a game as opposed to 7.

Lamar Odom is coming off the bench so he gives them that much needed spark off the bench. Rasheed Wallace, Big Baby Davis and Kevin Garnett are not athletic enough particularly Wallace and Garnett at this point of their careers to contain Odom off the dribble and in transition. Neither of them will be able to close out to Odom on his perimeter shots. Odom also is a much tougher defender than he was in 2008 and a better rebounder.

Andrew Bynum is back who they sorely missed in 2008 when Boston got to the rim at will and just beat the Lakers up on the glass because of the lack of a big body. He may not have a huge series statistically but because he has a huge body and can rebound the ball and protect the paint it will be a huge plus for the Lakers.

Ron Artest is in a Laker uniform and is gonna definitely limit Pierce's effectiveness unlike Vladimr Radmonavic did in 2008 when he just got bullied by Pierce which won't happen with Artest. Pierce won't shoot better than 42 percent.
    Boston's bench is not as good/consistent as it used to be because they are missing several key veterans they had in the 2008 Finals like James Posey, P.J. Brown, Sam Cassell, and Eddie House. Rasheed Wallace is very inconsistent more inconsistent than Lamar Odom.

Boston's big 3 are older and not as consistent.

Ray Allen is not as deadly a shooter as he used to be he doesn't get free nearly as easy as he used to and doesn't drive to the basket anymore.

Paul Pierce is more of a jump shooter now and doesn't get a lot of lift like he used to. He struggles against great defenders like LeBron James and Ron Artest. Matt Barnes who guarded Pierce against Orlando is a solid defender but isn't Artest defensively. Barnes was banged up as well with back problems.

KG like Allen & Pierce isn't nearly as explosive or athletic as he once was, doesn't get lift on his jump shot and he resorts to shooting jumpers instead of going in the post like used to in his first year in Boston and his Minnesota days. He isn't the near the dominant defender and shot blocker he once was and he is a stronger rebounder anymore. His numbers have steadily decreased in his 3 years in Boston.

Rondo is a lot better but the big 3 and the bench isn't nearly as consistent.

Lakers will win it in 6 if they don't I'll give credit to Boston and won't be a sore loser about it but I just don't see the Lakers or Kobe Bryant for that matter losing to the Celtics again.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  15. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Hi. Thank you for posting something so long.

I'm too lazy to read it.

Good, though.

16. DaRizzle

DaRizzle BLAKER

so cmon...which Lakers flag did you buy?

17. kobeownslebron

kobeownslebron 14-6

???

18. kobeownslebron

kobeownslebron 14-6

Pau Gasol is argurably the 2nd best player out of this series behind Kobe Bryant of course. In 4 games since the 2008 Finals he is averaging 20 points and 9 rebounds not exactly soft numbers. He is averaging 22 & 11 in the playoffs so that's very stupid to say he's not that good he is argurably the best bigman in the league right now if he isn't the best bigman he is definitely the 2nd best behind Dwight Howard.

19. kobeownslebron

kobeownslebron 14-6

Yeah but that was 2 years ago Pau has improved dramatically he was 16 & 7 in the 2008 playoffs and finals now he's 21 & 11 in the 2010 playoffs.

20. kobeownslebron

kobeownslebron 14-6

Oh my bad I didn't read it right LOL.