NBA FINALS THREAD: Lakers vs. Celtics

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Lakers' started by Mamba, May 29, 2008.

1. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lavalamp @ Jun 17 2008, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Well I agree with the Pierce choice, he played good D on Kobe and he was big for the Celtics offense when they needed to make pushes, and was good at playmaking. KG struggled offensively, especially compared to other playoff series this year, until this game, although he played great D. And Allen I think was great especially with his clutch layups in their huge comebacks, and nice 3 point shooting.

If I had 20 votes to vote the Finals MVP on, I'd probably give 8 to Pierce, 6 to Allen, and 6 to KG.</div>

Pierce would have been a more obvious choice if he didn't get hurt earlier in the series. Maybe he was hamming it up for all the drama it created, or maybe his game really suffered the following game.

The Celtics sure look terrific with the ball in his hands at the top of the key; he drives super well to either hand, and is a terrific passer off the drive.

2. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lavalamp @ Jun 17 2008, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (huevonkiller @ Jun 18 2008, 12:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>There was no clear cut choice I suppose.</div>
    Well I agree with the Pierce choice, he played good D on Kobe and he was big for the Celtics offense when they needed to make pushes, and was good at playmaking. KG struggled offensively, especially compared to other playoff series this year, until this game, although he played great D. And Allen I think was great especially with his clutch layups in their huge comebacks, and finding his offense in the Finals., hitting some big shots.

If I had 20 votes to vote the Finals MVP on, I'd probably give 8 to Pierce, 6 to Allen, and 6 to KG.
    </div>

I said it was not a "clear cut" choice. I'm happy you agree

3. xCLAVEx

xCLAVEx JBB JustBBall Member

Wow, Celtics completely owned the Lakers tonight. I wasn't surprised that the Lakers lost, but I was surprised that the Celtics routed the Lakers and I thought the Lakers would put up a little bit more of a fight than they did.

4. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bynumite @ Jun 17 2008, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (#1_Yinka_Dare_Fan @ Jun 17 2008, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>[​IMG]

Cry your eyes out.</div>
    loser, I would not even trade Mbenga for him.
    </div>

I have to admit I laughed a little, you got me Bynumite.

We were a joke today too, so it falls into the theme. :]

5. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

I can't help but to feel happy for KG just watching him after the game. You can tell he really wanted that trophy

6. huevonkiller

Student.
    I'm selfish and don't feel happy for anyone on that roster.

Lol. [​IMG]

Celtics deserved it though.

7. LakerBlood

LakerBlood M.V.P

What can I say?

Lakers suck.

8. DynastYWarrioR6

DynastYWarrioR6 JBB SmurfY

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LakerBlood @ Jun 17 2008, 11:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>What can I say?

Lakers suck.</div>

Do you ever have anything to say that actually means something?

9. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

Wow. Sorry to do that to you guys. huevon, mamba, dynasty, brian, shape, etc. you guys are some great fans and it almost hurts me to be this happy right now. I have few words to describe my emotions but I just wanted to pop in and give you guys props for your tremendous support of your team and wish you luck and a healthy Bynum next year. Hopefully we will do this again soon. Wow.....

10. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

"I laid his ass out. I knocked the bully's ass out." Truly a classic KG moment.

Congratulations to the Celtics.

The Lakers are a huge disappoint, IMO. The fact they lost didn't disappoint me, it's the fact I didn't see a game. The Lakers were absolutely atrocious. Gasol is soft, Odom isn't good, and Kobe showed he is far from the next Jordan. I actually felt like I was watching the Knicks. The best shooter in the game (possibly the league) was left open countless times. Rondo broke down the defense way too easily, and the Laker turnovers were sickening. I found myself questioning how this team made it to the Finals in the first place.

Personally, I think the Lakers were complacent by merely making it to the Finals. Anyway, congrats to the Celtics. Finally KG is off the list of big men who haven't won a chip.

11. LakerBlood

LakerBlood M.V.P

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DynastYWarrioR6 @ Jun 18 2008, 12:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LakerBlood @ Jun 17 2008, 11:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>What can I say?

Lakers suck.</div>

Do you ever have anything to say that actually means something?
    </div>
    Lakers suck.

12. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thrilla @ Jun 18 2008, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Wow. Sorry to do that to you guys. huevon, mamba, dynasty, brian, shape, etc. you guys are some great fans and it almost hurts me to be this happy right now. I have few words to describe my emotions but I just wanted to pop in and give you guys props for your tremendous support of your team and wish you luck and a healthy Bynum next year. Hopefully we will do this again soon. Wow.....</div>

Thrilla you're a smart guy and a vet, congrats. No hate from me at all, party all you want the C's earned it.

13. DynastYWarrioR6

DynastYWarrioR6 JBB SmurfY

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thrilla @ Jun 18 2008, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Wow. Sorry to do that to you guys. huevon, mamba, dynasty, brian, shape, etc. you guys are some great fans and it almost hurts me to be this happy right now. I have few words to describe my emotions but I just wanted to pop in and give you guys props for your tremendous support of your team and wish you luck and a healthy Bynum next year. Hopefully we will do this again soon. Wow.....</div>

Much respect to you, you've been great here along with CelticKing

14. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

Hey, somebody had to be a winner, and somebody had to be a loser. Don't feel bad at all, go out and celebrate your championship, because that's what I would have done.

As for the series, experience definitely played a big factor. You look at the Celtics, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, and Ray Allen have all been around for years, and although they have never made it to the Finals, they have had plenty of experience in the postseason. Not to mention them having guys like PJ Brown, Sam Cassell, and Eddie House off the bench.

Our roster, besides Kobe and Fisher, who else could be considered a "playoff vet?" Lamar has been out of the first round once before this season, Pau Gasol has not even won a playoff series, guys like Sasha, Ronny, Trevor, and Jordan are all youngsters. This is their first time on the big stage. Luke had a nice little run with us a couple of years back, but he never got any meaningful minutes. Vladdy got some experience a couple of years ago with the Clippers, but that doesn't really matter because he cannot defend his own shadow.

I definitely think that we will be better next season. A lot of our guys finally got the taste of postseason basketball, and I'm sure they'll all play better next time around.

Btw, during the post game interviews, Sasha said he's going to lock himself up in a gym the whole summer. Hopefully Luke follows him

15. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

Thanks a lot guys for the great times we had during the series.

I'm damn sure you'll be here next year as well, and I just hope we'll be too, and it'll be a rematch.

Again thanks everyone, and and I know its hard to see your team lose but they were in the finals, so you gotta be proud about that, no matter what.

I'll stick to my position, that Kobe is the best player in the universe and 2nd best on the list after MJ.

[​IMG]

16. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticKing @ Jun 18 2008, 12:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Thanks a lot guys for the great times we had during the series.

I'm damn sure you'll be here next year as well, and I just hope we'll be too, and it'll be a rematch.

Again thanks everyone, and and I know its hard to see your team lose but they were in the finals, so you gotta be proud about that, no matter what.

I'll stick to my position, that Kobe is the best player in the universe and 2nd best on the list after MJ.

[​IMG]</div>

Lol so classy, that's cool.

17. LakerBlood

LakerBlood M.V.P

Don't worry guys. Next year we'll get Andrew Bynum!

GO LAKERS!

18. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Go Lakers.

lol MrJ, you haven't seen a god damn Laker game all year, don't come in here and analyze what you thought you saw.

19. pegs

pegs My future wife.

Sorry to all you Lakers fans. I feel really bad, I know it's rough for your favorite team to lose in the finals...better luck next year, though, hopefully.

Celtics fans - congrats! Especially to all of you who stuck with it through the difficult years - must be a great feeling for you guys. I know what it's like for my team to win a championship, too - it's an awesome time for you.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr. J @ Jun 18 2008, 01:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>"I laid his ass out. I knocked the bully's ass out." Truly a classic KG moment.</div>

What are you talking about? KG never even touched Zaza! [​IMG]

20. Astral

Astral Member

On the side note, if I'd blame anyone for this game, it would be Radmanovic. He took so many "what the hell were you thinking" momentum killer shots that it's hard to believe that Phil let him play for so long. LA needs to trade his ass and Odom for a solid versatile defender.