NBA GM Draft Discussion

Discussion in 'GM Draft 1' started by ZAE, Jul 25, 2008.

1. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

I'll wait until 1:30, and see what happens, by then I should have enough time until I get back.

2. Claud

Claud Legendary

Full-time Student
    At this rate Ill pick my first player in 2 weeks... [​IMG]

3. fiElDy

fiElDy Member

I am prob going to be too drunk when my turn comes, who should I pm my list?

4. ZAE

ZAE Active Member

Student
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fiElDy @ Jul 26 2008, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I am prob going to be too drunk when my turn comes, who should I pm my list?</div>

me

5. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

Yea seeing that the 2nd pick hasn't be made, I'm pretty sure that by 8pm when I'm back, my pick won't be up yet.

6. jerseycarter15

jerseycarter15 Member

How i draft. I want to draft.

7. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
  8. cpawfan

cpawfan Monsters do exist

I'm willing to give fiElDy a little more time since I doubt he expected Kobe to be available

9. cpawfan

cpawfan Monsters do exist

Nothing like the stereotypes about Nets fans getting proven so quickly

10. ZAE

ZAE Active Member

Student
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cpawfan @ Jul 26 2008, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'm willing to give fiElDy a little more time since I doubt he expected Kobe to be available</div>

He PM'd me with his selection. CP3 was higher than Kobe on his list.

11. Claud

Claud Legendary

Full-time Student
    Pick already!

12. pegs

pegs My future wife.

Damn it took me forever to find one of ly_ying's posts to PM him

13. dino33

dino33 Member

damn... Carter at 2 ... hes like the 20th on my top players... and I call myself biased already..

these picks are really not how i would expect... Pegs, Dwight over KG? I like Dwight more, but KG is easier to justify as he just won a championship.

CP3 and Dwight over Kobe and KG... The new wave of superstars has truely begun...

14. Lavalamp

Lavalamp Member

Anyone want to trade:
    my first
    my 7th

for their
    first
    and their eleventh.

Preferred someone near 10th pick, but would consider even up to 20th pick.

15. dino33

dino33 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lavalamp @ Jul 27 2008, 03:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Anyone want to trade:
    my first
    my 7th

for their
    first
    and their eleventh.

Preferred someone near 10th pick, but would consider even up to 20th pick.</div>

wts the draft No. for your picks?

16. lukewarmplay

lukewarmplay Hired Goons

picking cp3 i understand and agree with- i was considering taking him first. picking carter second is a signal to me that this guy isn't going to finish the draft. the carter fan happens every year.

17. pegs

pegs My future wife.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dino33 @ Jul 26 2008, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>damn... Carter at 2 ... he like the 20th on mine... and I call myself biased already..

these picks are really not how i would expect... Pegs, Dwight over KG? I like Dwight more, but KG is easier to justify as he just won a championship.

CP3 and Dwight over Kobe and KG... The new wave of superstars has truely begun...</div>

KG over Dwight Howard? Ha, I laugh at that. I would never think of it. Dwight's definitely gonna be better than KG this upcoming season. He was definitely better than KG this season

EDIT: Although, I could perfectly understand the issues of passing on Kobe Bryant. I realize it's a risk, but then again I'm willing to take that chance with the most dominant big man since Shaq was good

18. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Just a reminder: Please don't discuss any players that have not been selected yet. Unless of course you want to talk about ______ Foyle.

19. lukewarmplay

lukewarmplay Hired Goons

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pegs @ Jul 26 2008, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dino33 @ Jul 26 2008, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>damn... Carter at 2 ... he like the 20th on mine... and I call myself biased already..

CP3 and Dwight over Kobe and KG... The new wave of superstars has truely begun...</div>

KG over Dwight Howard? Ha, I laugh at that. I would never think of it. Dwight's definitely gonna be better than KG this upcoming season. He was definitely better than KG this season

EDIT: Although, I could perfectly understand the issues of passing on Kobe Bryant. I realize it's a risk, but then again I'm willing to take that chance with the most dominant big man since Shaq was good
    </div>

You think Dwight was better than "unnamed forward" this past season? Even when considering defense and overall effect on their teammates and team culture?

20. pegs

pegs My future wife.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lukewarmplay @ Jul 26 2008, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pegs @ Jul 26 2008, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dino33 @ Jul 26 2008, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>damn... Carter at 2 ... he like the 20th on mine... and I call myself biased already..

</div>

You think Dwight was better than "unnamed forward" this past season? Even when considering defense and overall effect on their teammates and team culture?
    </div>

Yeah...Dwight is literally the only good defensive player on Orlando. And they have a coach that doesn't stress defense to anyone else but Dwight. He was practically carrying that team on his back on the defensive end...all while picking up 20 & 14 for the season.

People really overrate that unnamed forward's effect on the team. Especially when you look at all the other good defensive players on the team and the great defensive assistant coach they have (who basically called the shots on the defensive end).