Event NBA Lottery 2022

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by SlyPokerDog, May 12, 2022.

1. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

They are going young and are about to draft another first round pick. They would be happy to move him and get two first rnd picks this year to add to their young roster.

That said, what's to stop them from being greedy and saying they want the 7th or if we trade it for the 9th and #25 or #13 and #15, from saying they want the better of the two picks. If the Blazers really want Grant, they can dictate the price.

Eastoff likes this.
  2. SlyPokerCat

SlyPokerCat cats rool dogs drool

For one more year? They don't have to move him. He is not some albatross contract with multiple years holding them down.

3. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

This

Eastoff likes this.
  4. SlyPokerCat

Exactly. They are in the drivers seat, not us.

Chris Craig likes this.
  5. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

Like I said how little would they take for him and how much more than that is Cronin going to give them? That's the only question that matters right now... until we see a tweet from Shams or Woj that Cronin has moved on from Grant.

6. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

7. tykendo

tykendo Don't Tread On PDX

I disagree. They have young players (Stewart , Bey) who need more minutes. Grant doesn't fit anymore.

8. craigehlo

craigehlo Elite Wing

Grant is a UFA after next season. He can tell any team trying to make a deal for him he's not planning on resigning. He's got a lot of leverage from a player perspective. Pistons aren't in the biggest position of strength if he wants out and has PDX as a preferred destination.

Idog1976 likes this.
  9. SlyPokerCat

I mean, I don't think we would be the only team.in the league trying to convince themselves Grant is our missing piece (which is hilarious). There would be a bidding war, not a ok Portland, we will let you move down and we will gladly take the worse of the picks you have just because.

10. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

upload_2022-5-17_18-37-36.png

Idog1976 and Chris Craig like this.
  11. blazerkor

That's why I've already said that my prediction is that we move back to 13 and 15, give the Pistons 13 for Grant and draft Dieng with 15. Our front office will act like they're the ones that got over on everybody and it will make me sick. That being said, if Dieng can seriously contribute any time soon, we will be a better team than we have been in a while.

12. tykendo

I also could see Detroit taking Duren. He'd go nice next to Stewart at PF, and Bey at SF. That's a nice youthful front court with Cunningham facilitating.

13. SlyPokerCat

So their gm is as bad as ours and will just give up a player for peanuts?

14. Chris Craig

But, they have what we want. If the Blazers really want Grant. They have the steak hanging on a wire in front of our noses. They get to dictate the asking price for that steak.

Even if Grant doesn't fit anymore, which he doesn't and they plan to move him, they have the chips.

15. Chris Craig

No, unfortunately not. And, I think in fact many here may be underestimating Detroit's asking price. The assumption is being made that we just trade down and give them a shitty late 1st this year and our future shitty Milwaukee 1st and they will hand over Grant.

SlyPokerCat likes this.
  16. blazerkor

That will be the line the front office will be selling Cronin and he'll likely buy it but it's not the truth. Grant is asking for a big extension and there aren't any other teams that can just absorb his current salary besides OKC who won't want someone his age. So we don't have competition that can let them shed his contract while adding to their group of young talent.

Idog1976 likes this.
  17. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

I honestly don't know why people are so opposed to Portland tanking this season. Portland did the opposite of tanking since the Aldridge team dissolved and it got them nowhere. Portland should have tanked the shit out of the bubble season. Not tanking that year was stupid.

the biggest single move over the last decade was drafting Dame at 6. Teams like Portland need to cycle thru higher lottery picks until they build a contender. They aren't going to sign elite tree agents

Idog1976 likes this.
  18. tykendo

The only guy i see Cronin trading the 7th pick for would be John Collins. Who for whatever reason hasn't meshed with Young. Youngs been in love with Capella since he got there. Collins might be available.

Chris Craig likes this.
  19. blazerkor

I think that's the least they will take but I hardly think that we'll get him for that little. It will probably be the 13th pick and it might even be the 13th pick and the Bucks 2025 first.

20. Chris Craig