Game Thread NBA PLAY-IN - SPURS @ PELICANS - APRIL 13, 2022 - WEDNESDAY - 6:30 PM (PDT) ESPN

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Chris Craig, Apr 11, 2022.

?

Who wins?

1. Pelicans

13 vote(s)
    65.0%
  2. Spurs

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  1. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

anything can happen in one game. Pels have the size and length on the wings to bother PG.

2. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

Go Clippers!

blazerfan11 likes this.
  3. Wade Garrett

Wade Garrett Exactly right.

So...You are on record that the Pels will beat The Clips.

Idog1976 and SwissBlazer like this.
  4. OneSport3

OneSport3 The Knowledge Hoarder

Yes, 54% FG and 40% from 3 is lights out.

BBert, Idog1976 and BlazerBeav like this.
  5. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RipCity

It's called rolling the dice for a reason

6. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't think the eleventh pick, Hart and cap room is anywhere close to enough for CJ and Larry but to add in the fact that the Pelicans' pick is a roll of the dice makes it completely unacceptable. CJ is out there lighting teams up and while I'd been calling for him to be traded for a long time, I never wanted us to give him away.

7. blazerfan11

blazerfan11 Well-Known Member

That was a really young team the Pelicans played in their home arena tonight.

BBert and Idog1976 like this.
  8. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    Talent-wise, I agree, but CJ’s salary was a negative given that he hadn’t really been in a situation in Portland to prove he could lead a team on his own. Safe to say that now it looks like a good gamble on the Pelicans’ part.

9. blazerkor

Yeah, CJ is overpaid for the role he was playing here but anyone who had watched him for the last six seasons and especially someone who was part of the team that drafted him had to know if he was made the lead guard he'd be worth the money. So, we got ripped off, if his numbers since the trade don't make that clear to you, I don't know what to say and that's with me still believing that the Clippers will win on Friday and we'll still have that eleventh pick hanging in the balance. If that pick doesn't convey and Cronin gets the GM job then it's obvious that Vulcan doesn't give a fuck about this team. The way it stands if the pick does convey and Cronin gets the interim tag removed it shows us that our ownership group just doesn't know what they're doing.

Anybody who trades away four of their top seven players, one of whom is the second best guy on the team and gets back Hart, Winslow, a rookie who had been beaten out by the guy they drafted in the next round, a late lotto pick that might not even convey and a couple second rounders... fucking sucks. I don't give a shit about the cap room.

The good news is that the first gift that Joe gave away might positively impact our ability to salvage some of the return on the second gift he gave away.

AldoTrapani, BBert, Idog1976 and 2 others like this.
  10. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RipCity

If anyone ripped us off it's Neil Olshey.

11. KSF-ERIC

KSF-ERIC Well-Known Member

Nassir Little? Anfernee Simons? Trendon Watford?

12. Mr. Robot

Mr. Robot Well-Known Member

of course it can, all it takes is for one team to get hot or cold

however, pg13 played in 31 games this season, which means clippers played in 51 games without him (kawhi didnt play at all this season) and still got the 8th seed, which means theyre good & deep

on top of that, ty lue is as good as anyone when it comes to game planning, while pelicans have the rookie coach

Idog1976 likes this.
  13. Labinot41

Labinot41 Well-Known Member

I feel extremely uncomfortable to trust George Paul. Dude is a big time choker in big time games

14. Fairly-Hard

Fairly-Hard Former Member Gone New!

George was a great on a Bull but not so great with a jump shot.

15. blazerkor

I don't think that PG is the only thing the Pels have to deal with, the Clippers are pretty deep and because George was out for so much of the season, other guys have gotten used to stepping up. I think going from Minny away to NOLA at home is a big step down in competition but because it's a win or go home game the Clippers will bring a lot more intensity even though it's a worse team. Nothing is a given but Paul George is far from the only weapon that can take the Pelicans out. So I feel good about our chances of getting the pick and I feel bad that they are chances and not a certainty.

Idog1976 likes this.
  16. theprunetang

theprunetang Shaedon "Deadly Nightshade" Sharpe is HIM

Clippers are basically as good as Reggie Jackson comes out that night. The dude has no business shooting as much as he does. And he is streaky. I'm hoping for good Jackson.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
    UKRAINEFAN likes this.
  17. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

Balmer isnt going to even like being eight seed let alone missing the offs. If the Clips lose to the Pels, big changes will happen in Clipper land is my guess,. Wouldnt surprise me to see PG and/or Leonard traded.
    Balmer is a shaker and a mover and wont just rinse and repeat, again.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
    Idog1976 likes this.
  18. Graduate32

Graduate32 Well-Known Member

While I agree with you in that it would have been nice to get more, there was just no market. Hearing what the offers were post-deadline from the Mavs and Hawks, makes the Pelicans deal look fan-freakin-tastic! I suppose we could have just held on to him until this summer hoping for a rise in value and someone to get desperate, but 1) that would have been unlikely; 2) we would have further killed our draft position with cj playing; and 3) people here would have been pissed that we didn't trade him.

BBert likes this.
  19. Graduate32

Graduate32 Well-Known Member

While I agree with you in that it would have been nice to get more, there was just no market. Hearing what the offers were post-deadline from the Mavs and Hawks, makes the Pelicans deal look fan-freakin-tastic! I suppose we could have just held on to him until this summer hoping for a rise in value and someone to get desperate, but 1) that would have been unlikely; 2) we would have further killed our draft position with cj playing; and 3) people here would have been pissed that we didn't trade him. We were really just screwed either way.

RR7 likes this.
  20. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

If Hart had played for Terry he would have averaged 20 plus points per game or so. He's a better fit along side Dolla, plus he's younger. Couple that with being a much better defender and one that gets to the hoop and ft line, and even if that pick doesn't convey till 25, we did ok.

RR7 likes this.