NBA suspends Kemp for violating drug policy

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by mike18946, Feb 11, 2003.

1. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Orlando Magic center Shawn Kemp was suspended without pay by the NBA on Tuesday, the third time he has violated the terms of the league's anti-drug policy.

Kemp's suspension was to begin with Tuesday night's game between the Magic and the New Jersey Nets, and will continue until he has resumed full compliance with his treatment program.

A year ago, when he was with the Portland Trail Blazers, the 6-foot-10 Kemp was suspended for five games for violating the policy. He sat out from Feb. 22 through March 4 and lost $141,889 of his $12.77 million salary for each game he missed.

The 33-year-old Kemp, a six-time All-Star, also missed the final eight games of the 2000-2001 season, taking a leave of absence from Portland and entering a substance abuse program. Because he volunteered to enter a program, he was not suspended by the league at that time.

Certain substances, such as cocaine and LSD, call for dismissal from the league, although players may apply for reinstatement after two years.

The league, its teams and the players' association are prohibited from publicly disclosing information regarding the testing or treatment of any player in the program, other than to announce a player's suspension or dismissal from the league.

I thought he was over this kind of thing :roll:

2. jbbKnicks

jbbKnicks JBB JustBBall Member

I thought he changed. He has problems that he needs to fix. I think 3 times is way too much.

3. Big D

Big D JBB JustBBall Member

They also found a ridiculous amount of Twinkie is his system.

4. SupraJames

SupraJames JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "defrocked":</div><div class="quote_post">They also found a ridiculous amount of Twinkie is his system.</div>

Lol seriously, he's so FAT it's painful to watch him play in the NBA now...

5. Online

Online JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "defrocked":</div><div class="quote_post">They also found a ridiculous amount of Twinkie is his system.</div>

I thought he changed alot. TWINKIE. LOL! When you see him play basketball it makes me want to work out with weights!

6. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Twinkies go well with weed. The Magic better do something to show T-Mac they want to win. Cause he has a player option after next year and you can believe he will make himself a free agent.