Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by TBpup, Jan 21, 2020.
Neil is busy trying to get Vlade to give him Bagley for Hezonja.
He just made a trade though...
OK, well I changed it so we get rid of Hezonja and keep Skal. For me we trade an undersized Anf who can't really play PG for a tough experienced bigger guy. For me that's a big upgrade and somebody we need to run the second unit when neither Dame or CJ are out there. Dame, CJ and Schroder would pretty much play all the guard minutes. We have to take on Waiters is the big drawback. We get rid of Hezonja and his two year contract is a plus.
Vlade is definitely Olshey's safe room
it's interesting that OKC is in the playoff hunt, it's fans are happy, and it might trade arguably their best scorer and perimeter threat. Are they giving up on the playoffs or are they getting depth and talent in the trade that can replace Gallo?
Nah it’ll probably take a long time to find I’m good
No their being smart. They know their
Sacrificial lambs for the heavy weights on this year and are smartly playing for the future. They already got a stud young star PG, a bunch of draft picks, they have plenty time in their future
POR Gets: Kelly Oubre, Aron Baynes, Elie Okobo, $11.5M TPE
PHX Gets: Kevin Love, Skal Labissiere, 2020 POR 1st (Lottery Protected)
CLE Gets: Hassan Whiteside, Mario Hezonja, Dario Saric
We send Whiteside, Labissiere, Hezonja and our 1st for Oubre, Baynes, and Okobo
What we accomplish:
- Duck the tax
- Create a large TPE
- Keep our Bazemore TPE
- Get a large ~$16M expiring contract that rebuilding teams would value in return for an upgrade
- Get a young forward who could be our SF of the future if he continues to develop
- Get a good big replacement for Whiteside
Phoenix sends Oubre, Baynes, Okobo, and Saric for Love, Labissiere, and our 1st
- Phoenix has been tied to Love in the past and have been rumored to be looking for an upgrade and spacing. The 1st seals the deal.
Cleveland sends Love for Whiteside, Hezonja, and Saric
- Cleveland gets a C who could possibly stay there, but if not, he's an expiring contract
- This is probably the best deal Cleveland could hope for in return for Love.
- Could send Okobo to Cleveland instead if they wanted him
Jrue Holiday is going to Nuggets.
Do you mean he's going to McDonald's to get some chicken nuggets?
Here’s what’s gonna happen
- No trade
- Neil gives Brooke an interview where he brings up the fact he already made a trade and mentions how well they’re playing with Ariza, and how adding Nurkic and Collins will be like two new signings.
Brooke should ask him what he meant when he said Hezonja was incredibly talented
Gary Harris to Pelicans for Jrue Holiday.
I think I'd be ok with that.
That would make Denver really good...
is that an actual rumor or just the speculation Clutch Points has been pushing?
Maybe. We'll see. Pelicans haven't been playing this well with Jrue. In fact, Ingram beat Jrue to the All Star game.
It's for real. What is Clutch Points?
Kevin Love not being traded. I wanted him but we really don't have minutes for him when Collins comes back.
Separate names with a comma.