NBA's Best SG : The Result

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by truba03, Jul 10, 2003.

1. Premium

Premium JBB I'm kind of a big deal

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "allnet":</div><div class="quote_post">what do you think vince carter was a few years ago when he led the raptors to the ECF? </div>

actually it was just the eastern conference semis...milwaukee and philly were in the ECF...but maybe im just being picky [​IMG]

2. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Yes you are being picky [​IMG] i should of put it this way..vince's raptors were one shot away from the ECF...

3. Premium

Premium JBB I'm kind of a big deal

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "allnet":</div><div class="quote_post">Yes you are being picky [​IMG] i should of put it this way..vince's raptors were one shot away from the ECF...</div>

yes, you should have... [​IMG]

but i wont hold it against you :bigthumbup:

4. Truemaster14

Truemaster14 JBB JustBBall Member

if tmac does something good allnet will find something to critisize him about. its just dumb and irratating for someone to hate a player so much. allnet hates tmac more than i hate kobe

5. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

I don't hate mcgrady one bit...i just don't like people like you acting he is a basketball god..or the G.O.A.T....i don't think you know what hating truely means...hating on a player would mean me saying he is a poor player..that can't do anything good...i have stated how good he is..and how lucky we are to be able to watch players like him and also i hope he does well and carries his team far...you need to find out what the word hate means

6. Truemaster14

your a damn critic

7. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Weak comeback...i explained to your terrible logic about mcgrady..i proved you wrong then you reply with

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">your a damn critic</div>

:roll: you seriously need to grow up...

8. Truemaster14

thats all I can say about you your a critic, ive said everything else that needs to be said.

9. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

[​IMG] you havn't said anything that needs to be said..everything you have mentioned has made no sense...you call me a critic but i even doubt you know what that means...

10. slamduncan21

slamduncan21 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Truemaster14":</div><div class="quote_post">the only really fault is tmac's defense.............and all he needs to do to improve that is try a little harder. but how can he? he does everything on offense and the n when he comes to the other end of the court you people critisize(sp?) him for his defense.</div>
    by that logic, Kobe gives it his everything on both offense AND defense. that might result in his offense being slightly worse than Tmac's, but i'd take that any day if it ment i was getting some good defense. games are to be won on the defensive end.

11. Truemaster14

now i know how shapecity felt when i talked all tha <font color="red">EDIT</font>about kobe. just shut up allnet your a <font color="red">EDIT</font> and you make me sick.

12. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

I hate it when kids try to talk basketball but when the make no sense they instead post insults..i have had to edit at least 7 of your replies here in today..if you aren't careful you will be banned...

13. Truemaster14

your not intelligent.......you think darko is a basketball god, you probably have already compared him to larry bird........and when i stick up for tmac because we have a critic on hand you call me biased and dumb. your a hypocrite

14. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">your not intelligent</div>

I don't think many will agree with that statement

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">you think darko is a basketball god, you probably have already compared him to larry bird</div>

Darko has good potenial,he could be a very good player.but he hasn't played an NBA game so he hasn't proved anything yet..i don't think he is a god...i think he has good talent and poteinal..nothing else i don't compare him to MJ which you did with mcgrady

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">when i stick up for tmac because we have a critic on hand you call me biased and dumb. your a hypocrite</div>

It's one thing to stick up for him..but to say what you do ..he is a great player but you rate him too highly...and expect ALL OF US..to praise him like he is the G.O.A.T..you even said mcgrady plays like MJ..which is the biggest load of bull i've ever heard

15. Truemaster14

I said tmac SCORES like mj I never said he played like him. ok :thumbsup:

16. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

But he doesn't...a great post by rocko on this mcgrady scores like MJ bull...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">truemaster- I love Tmac and I think he is the most gifted player in all of basketball right now. However saying watching him play is like watching MJ play is a joke. Consider MJ's career before he retired the first time (in my mind using the later years of of Jordan's career is pointless given how young Mcgrady still is) and you'll see that Jordan not only scored at least as many points, but shot more accurately by 6-7% from the floor and the free-throw line. He also was a much better defender, perhaps the best wing defender in the league during his prime. His passing skills were also far surperior to Mcgrady's. The only thing Mcgrady does better than Jordan did is shoot the 3 and he grew a few inches taller.

Mcgrady lacks both Jordan's strength and his quickness. When MJ went into burst mode he was just a blur, its like he dissapeared from one spot and then reappeared somewhere else on the floor with ball, tongue hanging and ready to strike. Like Jordan, Mcgrady has an extra gear, but its not on the same level.

Even if Mcgrady dominates the L utterly and completely for 13 years, the way Jordan did, he still won't be the same. For one thing, during Jordan's reign no one else was even close. The most dominating force in the league was Jordan and no one even tried to debate it the way that people will debate Kobe/Duncan/Garnett/Shaq v.s. Tmac. In fact, most players/coaches and GM's would pick Shaq over Mcrady. NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY would have picked anyone but Jordan if they were starting a team during MJ's prime. Fans from either coast would argue for their favorite Magic or Bird but by 1991 even they conceded that it wasn't close. By comparison, Mcgrady is probably only the 4th most desirable player in the league right now to Shaq, Kobe and Duncan. As a Mcgrady fan you won't like that statement but remember, Size rules all when it comes to the L- why else would a white stiff get drafted in the lottery every year?- and Kobe has won championships, thats the kicker every time, every time and its impossible to deny that value.

Plus, regardless of whatever injury or whatever it was- there is NO WAY Jordan gets held to 33% shooting in the playoffs by a ROOKIE. There's just no way. It never happened, and couldn't have happened. End of story.

To say watching Mcgrady is like watching Jordan is downright ludacris, its a joke. Either you haven't seen any tapes of Jordan's first stint in the league recently or something is seriously wrong with your head. T-mac is slow, skinny and a mental midget compared to MJ in his prime. I mean, T-mac got shut down by a ROOKIE in the playoffs. MJ would've stared at Tayshaun and ripped out his heart within the first five minutes of that series. And he never, NEVER would've let his team lose after going up 3-1. Remember, MJ dragged the Bulls to Eastern Conference finals in '89 when he had NOBODY helping him- Pippen looked more like Tayshaun Prince then the Pippen we all remember and they'd just traded away their only tough guy(charles oakley) for a soft, jump-shooting center (bill cartwright). He certainly didn't have Drew Gooden battling under the boards or Darrel Armstrong to help out handling the ball. He would've been happy as heck just to have Gordon Giricek around just so someone else could actually shoot it. He played with Brad Sellers and Charlie Davis most of the time.

T-mac is one of the top 5 players in the league, and by this year he might prove himself to be the best, but he ain't nuthin' like MJ and its not even close.</div>

17. Truemaster14

now rocko is intelligent you just wanna be intlellegent

18. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

I'am thank you very much...and please change your sig..or you will be banned...

19. Sasha

Sasha ...since the beginning.

Guys let's stop with the insults, just talk about the topic not each other.

20. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Love It Live":</div><div class="quote_post">Guys let's stop with the insults, just talk about the topic not each other.</div>

Thing is,truemaster can't debate in a topic without insults...but thats alot to do with his age