OT Need to get control of Border

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Hoopguru, Sep 17, 2021.

1. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

2. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

3. Road Ratt

Road Ratt King of my own little world

Rep. Ro Khanna on Border Guards Whipping Haitians, U.S. Drone Strikes, Afghanistan & Ending Iraq War.

This shouldn't happen under any American president, ever.

4. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Mexico opened it's borders to Afghani refugees...why didn't they do the same for the Haitians? Mexico isn't dealing with the refugee problem on their side of the border either....not that we're setting much of an example

5. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

6. Road Ratt

U.S. special envoy to Haiti quits over 'inhumane' treatment of migrants.

Biden's inhumane treatment of immigrants is no less heinous than any of his predecessors similar treatment.

7. EL PRESIDENTE

8. Road Ratt

Rep. Maxine Waters: Biden Admin Must End “Inhumane” Deportation & Whipping of Haitian Asylum Seekers.

No matter the president, this is flat out inhumane treatment of humans.

Phatguysrule and riverman like this.
  9. Phatguysrule

Phatguysrule Well-Known Member

Disgraceful. All to protect our ability to have an exploitable population of cheap labor....

10. EL PRESIDENTE

Kamala (in charge of the Border) does a shitty job.

11. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Joe's press meeting today he said the border agents that did this will be held accountable and we are not going to see that happen again...he did the responsible thing and addressed it firmly. Was glad to hear it..

Lanny and Phatguysrule like this.
  12. bigbailes

bigbailes Well-Known Member

Is there any video of these BP agents actually whipping the migrants? Or are we taking one picture totally out of context and making a mountain out of a mole hill? I've been out with these agents as they train and go about their everyday work on horse back and those reigns are totally normal way of controlling their horses.

13. riverman

riverman Writing Team

those horses can be controlled without using the reins...the agents were over the top considering their advantage..you can detain people without lashing them

14. riverman

riverman Writing Team

15. bigbailes

From a BP agent that is on horse back ... I'm guessing he knows more about the job than any of us ...
    Jorge Fuentes

Definitely the best job I ever had, you become one with your horse. They learn to trust you. They will go to the end of the earth. If you ask them. We would train everyday with them. Definitely the best partner I have ever had. See what’s in my hands? Those are split reins; not whips, they are 6 feet long. They are split for when we go into the brush. If we go through thick Brush and a tree branch gets caught, it will just slip right through. The reins are connected to the bit. The bit is in their mouth and the last thing we want to do is hurt our partners by tearing up their mouths.

You have seen the video of the agent spinning the rein when illegals get close to the horse. It’s to create distance between the horse and the person on the ground. Our horses easily weigh 1200 pounds, they can step on someone and break a bone or kill a small child of a person gets to close. We also spin them if someone attempts to grab the reins because the last thing you want is someone who doesn’t know a thing about horses, to have control of the horse you are on. (If and illegal attempts to gain control of our reins it is considered deadly.) The horse can freak out, jump up and roll with you on them. Us as riders can be killed if a horse lands on us. Hope this helps those who have never seen a horse or split reins before… we will continue to support our brothers and sisters in Del Río [​IMG] HPU

riverman and tlongII like this.
  16. bigbailes

Where is the proof they were lashing them? The guy that took the picture that is making the rounds has admitted the agents never whipped any one, at least not that he saw. Again, maybe it did happen but I haven't seen any pictures or videos that show these BP agents aggressively whipping anyone. If I'm wrong then so be it but I have yet to see any definitive picture, or even better yet video of this happening.

17. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    Yep democrats making shit up per usual.

18. riverman

riverman Writing Team

A well trained horse needs no bit or split reins...a hackemore will do the same thing with no pain to the horse's mouth....I never used a bit on any of our 11 horses growing up and herding cattle...I also have two ex in laws who worked for the Border Patrol and not all these guys are well behaved to say the least...if abuse occured it should be addressed and according to some who've filed this complaint..it did include physical abuse...we'll see but don't jus let a cowboy hat fool you into thinking it's automatically a good guy....one agent was recently fired for molesting women detained at the border...they're not all boyscouts...and this is not a partisan issue....the other firing happened on Trump's watch....the border situation is fucked up and needs to be set right for once and all ..I think everyone can agree about that

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
    bigbailes likes this.
  19. bigbailes

Oh don't get me wrong ... if you want examples of horrible Border Patrol agents, I've got PLENTY of examples, including the one I shared below, but in this situation I just don't think the uproar is warranted. I agree the situation down here is FUBAR and it goes back decades and numerous Presidencies.

Here's one of the 'good' guy BP agents ... https://www.kgns.tv/content/news/What-we-know-about-Juan-David-Ortiz-493520491.html

riverman likes this.
  20. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    There's a video of an agent on horseback whipping some migrants.
    Don't forget, these agents were installed by Trump and not easily fired. It's gonna take some time but they'll slowly get replaced by those more suited for the job.

Phatguysrule likes this.