Need to stir up some controversy?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by UKRAINEFAN, Aug 29, 2016.

1. UKRAINEFAN

UKRAINEFAN Well-Known Member

un-retired
    Well, yes we really are at that slowest time of the year. And by the way, when is Lillard gonna get his boys together and start some serious practicing?
    OK, this is an interview with a guy who gave the Blazers an F+ for their summer moves. He does not like Evan Turner at all, mostly because of his low efficiency numbers and because he doesn't really think he fits. (And I really don't like his alternative idea of re-signing Henderson, are he and Denny Crane the only fans of Henderson on the planet?) I do kind of agree with his idea that we should have looked at Mahimni closer; it seems he was the only guy out there available who was healthy and pretty good at both defense and offense. And if Olshey had not have overpaid on Turner (and not to mention signing Lillard earlier and taking on Varajao's salary) , he would have been affordable. But maybe Olshey didn't like his age or thought he wouldn't look that much better than Plumlee in our system, who know?http://www.blazersedge.com/2016/8/2...-agency-nate-duncan-offseason-grades-analysis

2. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

Is this a BE piece on that podcast someone posted here a while back, or did 2 people give us an F+?

3. UKRAINEFAN

UKRAINEFAN Well-Known Member

un-retired
    I think it's the same, sorry if i missed it; I guess it didn't stir up enough controversy to hang around for long. Did anyone actually have the patience to listen to it?

4. BoBoBREWSKI

BoBoBREWSKI BURP!

College and high school football start this week and the NFL starts next week. Not the slowest time of the year. :wink:

5. riverman

riverman Writing Team

They lost me at not liking Evan Turner.....I'm also someone who would have loved keeping Henderson but Turner's passing and defense is a game changer for our defensively challenged back court

6. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

It's not the same. The previous podcast was the guy's grades. This is a followup he did with the guys at BEdge.

His rationale for his grade here further confirms that he sees FA and the team in a vacuum.

He wanted us to go after Mahinmi or Biymbo with four year, 65-70 mil deals, but Evan's deal is unbelievably egregious. Just hyperbole. You know what it's like to have a random aquiantance come up to you and tell you how to run your life? Dude thinks he actually knows what he's talking about. Really pompous mofo. Can't wait for him to eat crow.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  7. tester551

tester551 Well-Known Member

Agreed whole heartedly.

8. Wizard Mentor

Wizard Mentor Wizard Mentor

Master of Xen Foro