Neil Olshey Hate Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by BoBoBREWSKI, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

Nah, his hair can't even get good valet service here. You're fine.

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  2. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RipCity

All do respect OneLifetoLose. You mock him for being a soap actor but your posts sound like a drama queen.

It does make sense where our team is right now and we are going to be ok. Sure there's been some missteps and regrettable contracts but now is not the time to throw the baby out with the bath water. It's not like the Warriors are beatable the next two years anyway and there's no magical GM that's going to snap us into contention. At least with Neil we have a solid talent evaluator and a guy who can pull off a quality trade. Obviously you don't believe but all you gotta do is wait, and see :wink:

3. UKRAINEFAN

UKRAINEFAN Well-Known Member

un-retired
    I guess I can't blame this on Olshey because I guess 28 other GM's passed, but I just read some more details on the Noel trade. That Dallas first round pick is so protected it will most likely to morph into 2 2nd round picks. So two second round picks plus a guy who I wouldn't consider any better prospect than Vonleh, in fact he has lower shooting % from both 2 and 3. I just don't get this. I mean maybe he wouldn't fit with us now but just as a trade asset?

4. UKRAINEFAN

UKRAINEFAN Well-Known Member

un-retired
    I guess it was him being a restricted free agent, which means he would not have been a trade asset, so why get him.

e_blazer likes this.
  5. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

I think it is pretty easy to find young, tall, thin, players who can jump out of the gym, but have a below average skill set on offense. They are still good players but they are nothing special. Even if they are drafted high like Stromile Swift or Tyrus Thomas. I think Noel is better than those two but I don't think very many teams want to pay him a lot. But yeah I would have taken a chance on Noel for what Dallas got him for.

Denny Crane likes this.
  6. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    Nurk's game last night seemed to take people's minds off the N.O. hate and trade deadline meltdowns. Haha.

:cheers:

Denny Crane and SlyPokerDog like this.
  7. Blazinaway

Blazinaway Well-Known Member

IMO last summer saw the height of ridiculous contracts and unfortunately we did way too much. I think we are going to see more sober deals this summer as compared to last
    yes it did, and it did for me for yesterday as well. Don't hate NO, just think he made some bad money decisions last summer but what we don't know is how much that was or was not influenced by PA?

and I agree about last summer being the pinnancle of GM stupidity and getting caught up in paying ridiculous amounts for average players. I think we will see some big deals this yr but nothing like the absurdity of last summer. The cap flattens out after this and the smart GM's will be careful because there will be LOT less money available after this summer and much more reasonable contracts given out especially as players under "bargain contracts" like Avery Bradley and many others hit the market.

8. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

9. jlprk

jlprk The ESPN mod is insane.

retired, while you work!
    Man, here it is a day later and I am still swamped with happiness. I am overwhelmed trying to process all of Olshey's achievements yesterday. What a bumblebee of an energy bunny. This calls for 5 more threads to celebrate his greatness. I'm leaving to buy cake candles, one for every trade he made yesterday. Then I'll bake a cake, one layer for every giant step forward from yesterday. You guys stay busy celebrating in this thread.

10. Blazinaway

Blazinaway Well-Known Member

LOL, I think many are just happy we have ONE thing is this clusterfuck of a season to be happy about (Nurk), give us just a moment please and then back to the usual bitching!

Orion Bailey likes this.
  11. Blazers Roy

Blazers Roy Well-Known Member

No it didn't.
    There's no point in complaining anymore though, it is what it is.

I give Neil a C+ on his trade deadline performance.

BBert likes this.
  12. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I give Olshey an A for the trade he made.....we haven't even glimpsed what he has planned with 3 first round picks..this is his biggest talent...I watched Nurkic and Plumlee play last night....we robbed Denver.

13. Blazers Roy

I give him an "A" for that trade too.
    It's his overall performance and defeated mindset that made me angry.

14. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Olshey said it was on him that last summer's roster makeup didn't work...it's not his performance as much as poor performance by guys who got paid and were expected to show improvement but didn't. I hold the players accountable for that. Now he's trying to repair the roster and off to a good start

Orion Bailey and HailBlazers like this.
  15. BoBoBREWSKI

BoBoBREWSKI BURP!

+1 :cheers:

HailBlazers and Denny Crane like this.
  16. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

So why was it important to make lots of moves yesterday. What goal did you want to see occur with 27 games left that can't occur after the season is over?

17. Blazers Roy

I'm sure he knew Meyers-Turner-Ezeli does not equal 33mil$ a year.
    So far he hasn't shown one sign of acknowledging his mistakes and he still wants to hold on to Crabbe like he's an all-star.

18. riverman

riverman Writing Team

If we had made last minute trades at the deadline...Shabazz Napier probably wouldn't have seen the court last night....as it is...he gained a lot of value in one game

19. riverman

riverman Writing Team

He admitted it just yesterday...read his interview about the draft day or listen to it...he totally said "it's on me" we didn't improve as expected and needed rim protection and scoring in the paint...if Ezeli hadn't had a setback...we'd have a better record...it was a risk that just didn't pan out..fortunately we didn't spend a fortune finding out in Ezeli's case

20. noknobs

noknobs Well-Known Member

90% of your posts are criticizing Olshey. You clearly have some sort of personal agenda. What did he do, kill your dog or sleep with your wife?

OneLifeToLive likes this.