Rumor Nets still interested in Crabbe

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Stevenson, Jun 1, 2017.

1. BlayZa

BlayZa Misbehaving responsibly

Media/Advertisng
    its lucky if we can do that, but it wasnt the fuckin plan when resigning crabbe - if you believe he did it with the intention of trading him and another failure of a contract in meyers (which he apparently also believed in) for a just a pick, youre dreaming - the factor of unloading overpaid and failing newly resigned players isn't the 'plan'

it makes him/us lucky, not 'right'.

2. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Crabbe dropped the ball after he got his deal...so did Leonard..the organization thought they'd make leaps like CJ did and they just didn't. I'm sure the front office is more disappointed than the fans even are. That shit happens in sports....but it is correctable. Good thing is, Olshey is working the phones and looking at our options...I think we'll make out ok by training camp somehow.

rotary111 and Dougnsalem like this.
  3. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I don't get the Turner hate though...when he's healthy the dude is a great defender at multiple positions..I think he's an asset to the team and we haven't really seen him play much with Nurk yet.

rotary111, Dougnsalem and Strenuus like this.
  4. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

If Crabbe waived his trade kicker, he's got 2 guaranteed years left on his deal, for a total of 37.8. If he's a starter, getting 16 shots a game, he's likely waiving that last year player option.
    I know everyone bags on him for the $$ we spent on him this season, but he was still the #2 shooter in a league desperate for shooters. IMO, he showed a lot of improvement in his offensive game, on cuts to the basket, one dribble pull ups, etc. that he didn't have the previous year. The biggest issue is role.
    Other teams can see past the generic stats a lot of fans will look at, and project what he might do in their own system. And not JUST more shots equals more points, but given an actual bigger role, freedom to create, make more mistakes, etc. Role is a huge factor in a player's game that people seem to overlook, and will just look at stats to show improvement.

http://www.sportstwo.com/threads/harden-talking-with-thunder-turned-down-52m.223488/

It's an extreme example, but a thread here of Harden turning down his extension with the Thunder.

I certainly don't expect Crabbe to be that, by any means. But I also think that taking what he is now, in a small role, and thinking that's all he'll ever be is a little foolish.

riverman likes this.
  5. riverman

riverman Writing Team

The way the league is now I understand why guys like Crabbe would want to play in the eastern conference ...so many eastern conference teams need 3 pt shooting and he would start there....if he avg 20 in the east he'd probably even make the allstar team..Crabbe is not ever going to be a 6 man of the year