Nets @ Warriors - January 24

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by trg_tony, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

Man, I wish I would have stayed up to watch this game. I need Tivo BAD! Somebody got a clip of the last 5 seconds of the game or something?

2. Gohn

Gohn JBB JustBBall Member

^Check NBA.com. I think they have highlights for every game. Except it never works for me. I'm not sure why though.

3. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

<div class="quote_poster">AlleyOop Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Kidd was praying Baron would shoot so that he wouldn't have to chase him through the lane and wear himself out. Kidd's like "thank you very much Baron."</div>

I know what you mean, Kidd wants no part of Baron getting in the paint, Kidd probably knows even he can't stop Baron at the rim most of the time but unfortunately Baron thinks hes Kobe or Gilbert when really hes more like Wade and should be relentless in getting into the paint like Wade is.

I have to apologize to Barnes as well, after being BENCHED for a game he clearly got the message. For a while there he thought he was Ray Allen.

The Cabbages starting lineup experiment was a failure, it doesn't make much sense to start him and Baron together. Start Monta or Pietrus next game.

4. Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita Active Member

Finance
    <div class="quote_poster">custodianrules2 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I'm gonna be glad if Jrich/Ellis develops a left. [​IMG] It'll be awesome. Same with Beans only going with his right hand.</div>

I think Ellis actually is the most ambidextrous player on the W's. He can make those left handed layups look pretty natural, and spectacular.

5. CohanHater

CohanHater JBB JustBBall Member

Enterprise Architect
    Comcast went down at my house for the 4th time this month, no internet.. no cable. Time to make the switch to satellite. How pissed am I that I missed this game of all games.

6. trg_tony

trg_tony JBB JustBBall Member

very scary game. montas pretty clutch for such a young guy. hopefully he can do that come playoff time?[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] what i liked is how we controlled the offensive boards i believe we won in that catagory and also only loss the total rebounding by -1 which i thought would be key in winning the game. the person who came up clutch throughout the quarter was harrington. baron was also clutch with those three free throws he made. hopefully we come up with a win streak. go warriors!

7. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

<div class="quote_poster">Kensaku Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I think Ellis actually is the most ambidextrous player on the W's. He can make those left handed layups look pretty natural, and spectacular.</div>

Hmmm maybe. I thought Baron was the most ambidextrious. The problem is sometimes he can't finish like he should.

8. Clif25

Clif25 JBB JustBBall Member

Biedrins is pretty good with both hands. Though he probably doesn't count because he doesn't really dribble that much. But finishing around the hoop I think Ike and Andris are very good with both hands, granted Ike is in Indiana now.

9. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Clif25 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Biedrins is pretty good with both hands. Though he probably doesn't count because he doesn't really dribble that much. But finishing around the hoop I think Ike and Andris are very good with both hands, granted Ike is in Indiana now.</div>
    That's why I wanted Ike + Biedrins together. We even saw flashes of how playing bigger with those two could solve our love obsession with three point attempts. But it was over before it began since Nelly Favors small, quick matchups as opposed to traditional big players.

Sometimes, I wonder if he purposely avoids a size matchup so he can play it his way.

10. jason bourne

jason bourne JBB JustBBall Member

Law enforcement
    <div class="quote_poster">custodianrules2 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">That's why I wanted Ike + Biedrins together. We even saw flashes of how playing bigger with those two could solve our love obsession with three point attempts. But it was over before it began since Nelly Favors small, quick matchups as opposed to traditional big players.

Sometimes, I wonder if he purposely avoids a size matchup so he can play it his way.</div>

Ike wasn't a good fit.

Nellie ball does emphasize matchups, but it doesn't necessarily mean small ball. There is a small ball lineup, but ideally, it means more tall, athletic and mobile front court players, especially the center and PF spots. Rebounding, in the paint defense and man-to-man defense (with appx. 50% zone) are key, but this year it's been almost exclusive zone. I suppose Nelson could swap the SF/PF and PF/C positions.

What drives me crazy about Nellie ball are his different starting lineups. I don't think that's good in building cohesiveness and team chemistry. Last night it looks like the Ws were blown out in the 1Q.

11. Clif25

<div class="quote_poster">jason voorhees Wrote</div><div class="quote_post"> What drives me crazy about Nellie ball are his different starting lineups. I don't think that's good in building cohesiveness and team chemistry. Last night it looks like the Ws were blown out in the 1Q.</div>

This is true but maybe it's not really Nelson's fault. With all of the injuries, especially to starters like Murphy and JRich and later to Monta Ellis, Baron Davis plus a suspension; the experiments at the beginning of the season with emphasis on Dunleavy and Murphy; and now with the trade last week which has caused for more experiments for Nelson to see what he has - it would have been very difficult for Nelson to not use so many different starting lineups. On paper the large number of different starting lineups does not seem great. But given the circumstance this season, I don't think it is surprising nor to Nelson's fault. I bet Nelson would have liked to have had Baron/JRich/Pietrus/Murphy/Biedrins be the starting lineup and be successful for the whole season. But again that wasn't happening and didn't happen so Nelson had to make some changes. But yeah, I too cringed a little last night when I heard how many different starting lineups there have been. But going over the season so far, it's not shocking.

Oh but the starting lineup last night was not the one I was hoping to see. I agree with not liking last game's starting lineup.

12. Custodianrules2

Nelly probably has to figure out what he has on the floor and how to construct a proper bench as well. I'd rather Nelson play around with starting lineups early than later and figure out who should get major minutes. If we're to push for the playoffs, I rather we go on a huge run near the end and make the playoffs rather than do well now and then slide to the bottom near the end and miss the playoffs.

We'll see if we can actually beat a West coast team and win some games on the road as well. This area I'm not so confident in and it totally could jeopardize any playoff push if there's no improvement right now.

13. Clif25

This is a little OT: But damn, the Nets lost again at the last second. The Nets had the game in the bag, up two with the ball. But they managed to lose by one point again off a Mobley three pointer in the final seconds. The most importance of this post is that the Warriors could be that much closer to the Clippers and the eigth seed if the Nets could have hold the Clippers off. That's tough for the Nets. Three straight games like this I believe, at least two that I know of and it sounded like something similar happened in Sacramento. The Clippers look like they are going to be on a hot streak. The Warriors are going to need to build off last night's win and build a win streak, as well, to catch up.

14. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Clif25 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">This is a little OT: But damn, the Nets lost again at the last second. The Nets had the game in the bag, up two with the ball. But they managed to lose by one point again off a Mobley three pointer in the final seconds. The most importance of this post is that the Warriors could be that much closer to the Clippers and the eigth seed if the Nets could have hold the Clippers off. That's tough for the Nets. Three straight games like this I believe, at least two that I know of and it sounded like something similar happened in Sacramento. The Clippers look like they are going to be on a hot streak. The Warriors are going to need to build off last night's win and build a win streak, as well, to catch up.</div>

Ditto. I was praying the Nets would win, Warriors need every little thing that will increase their chances.