Religion Never let an incident go to waste!

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by MarAzul, Feb 16, 2018.

1. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

I had friends that hunted before they left for school and would leave a rifle in the rifle rack in the back window of the cab of their truck and park in the student parking lot. It was normal but I went to a very small high school outside of Portland. What I'm questioning you on is equating this to being some sort of prevention for school shootings. I'm not seeing a scenario where a student with a gun in a car prevents or stops a school shooting in today's world. I also doubt it would have done much to stop a school shooting in your era.

Just looking at one of the worst school shootings from 20 years ago, Columbine, those two dipshits came there with the intention of killing themselves after shooting up the place. So the threat of injury or death doesn't seem like much of a prevention in that case.

Is this thread about ideas to stop school shootings or you talking about the good old days when you "packed" a gun to school? I can not say this enough, I do see how a student bringing a gun to school will prevent or stop a school shooting.

If this is about you reminiscing then go ahead, I've always enjoyed your stories, especially the ones of you growing up near Fort Stevens that you shared last summer.

riverman likes this.
  2. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    I never said it would. Nor did I imply it. But seems you did infer such a thing, it seem rather odd too, but I have no control over what you infer.
    I did state; "I really do not remember school shooting in that era or before." when speaking of my own children and the time they went to school.
    I should think it would be clear, I know of no school shootings when I went to school either. So we sure had no intentions of trying to stop it.
    I only mentioned this because there were no laws preventing kids from guns in those day and there were no school shootings. Well that came to my attention.

But later on, not quite the case, Hobbs spoke of how it was in the eighties where he was, but I have no knowledge of this era in schools, my kids were out in the early 80s.

So laws are passed to make schools gun free zones, I would imagine, with good intentions since gangs were attempting to run the school and other wanted protection of some kind. But it appears, there are unintended consequences. Nothing left to deter the predators looking for an easy place to pray on kids, the new gun free Killing zones. Where they can kill many before anyone can do a damn thing about it. Sending kids to places like this is mindless and irresponsible since we can see what the hell is happening.

No, my gun in the car 60 plus years back would not help nor would the ones my buddies had in their vehicles. That was when kids where I lived did not shoot up the schools. Can't say it was true everywhere though, see Black Board Jungle 1955.

The point is, we need a fix now! I suggest one. The time line of events suggest I am correct and I can not think of another answer that will work.
    Have at it if you do. But for God sake! Make it workable without and end run on people's Constitutional rights. That will not work.

3. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Geez! I would sure like to see one of you libs formulate a correction to protect the children. Someone needs to write some congressman as this shit is serious. Hoping for Mental health funding is all well and good, but hell, that isn't going to save any kids anytime soon, if ever.
    So what you got? Get it on! Send the letters.

4. bodyman5000 and 1

bodyman5000 and 1 Lions, Tigers, Me, Bears

Wow. Watching Meet the Press is more depressing than anything.

Dumbshit on the panel came up with a credit score type of background checks.

Too many speeding tickets? NO GUN FOR YOU!!!!

5. bodyman5000 and 1

Golly, if we want to come up with stupid ideas to combat these shootings I've got plenty.

Rig sprinkler systems with tear gas

Put loaded AR 15s in glass cases like fire extinguishers all over the place.

Make every school start on the second floor. Backpacks and booksbags have to go through a scanner and kids have to climb ladders to get upstairs.

I should be on Meet the Press apparently

Orion Bailey and MarAzul like this.
  6. 3RA1N1AC

3RA1N1AC 00110110 00111001

Well, it’s an incident, so might as well use it.

7. SlyPokerDog

3RA1N1AC likes this.
  8. 3RA1N1AC

3RA1N1AC 00110110 00111001

Clearly, the FBI investigation of Trump is to blame. It’s all so clear now!

riverman likes this.
  9. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Our jerk in chief went to Florida to look for applause...smiling..thumbs up...as if parents wanted to celebrate his arrival

10. SlyPokerDog

Stop being a hater, he gave up golf this weekend to honor these poor people.

11. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Apparently after meeting the law enforcement officials he hosted a Studio 54 disco party at Mar a Lago...real classy

12. SlyPokerDog

Link?

13. bodyman5000 and 1

Well, with terrifying shit happening all the time we won't ever be able to have fun.

14. SlyPokerDog

15. bodyman5000 and 1

You guys are gonna be so pissed when Russia gets their floating EMP blasting space blimps overhead and we can't shoot at them.

16. riverman

riverman Writing Team

17. bodyman5000 and 1

18. riverman

riverman Writing Team

19. bodyman5000 and 1

Trump walking through flipping off partygoers wouldn't be enough for you clowns so why try?

20. riverman

riverman Writing Team

believe me...Trump can flip off anybody he wants and it wouldn't scratch the surface of what's enough from him for me....but I'm not a clown fan..clowns are orange colored with strange hairdos...usually with tiny hands and running away from bulls in a ring.