Notice New Member! ME!

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Orion Bailey, Jan 27, 2015.

1. HomerLovesKoolAid

HomerLovesKoolAid I have a well-known member.

^Watch out for that dog guy^

2. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Wow, so quick and mostly funny! I like it already. ;)

I would quote some of you, but then this reply would be a page long because of all the quotes.

First, I said I enjoy MOST of Mags posts... not ALL. ;)

On the serious for a moment, there are many intelligent people on this board; both within basketball IQ and outside. Its obvious to anyone who pays some attention.

I am most definitely a blazers fan from the first time I watched Cliff Robinson battle it out with David Robinson back in the day. :)

I am a busy man during the day at work, so will mostly be chiming in in the evenings, playing catchup...story of my life with news.

Anyhow, thanks for all the welcomes and I most definitely look forward to some gritty conversations about our future championship team soon!

Ill try to get a picture posted up soon so you wont think I am some old school guy lurking, like Denny, or whoever he is. :)

Okay. enough about me, how bout them Blazers? I could say a lot, but it would be reiterating what has already been said about our injuries and hanging tough regardless. No, we may not have it this year to go all the way and win (my opinion), but the team will in another year or two. Growth and development are still needed in most of the bench and they have shown so far that they are improving and growing. One of the best starting lineups in the NBA and a maturing bench full of potential....Championship in 1-3 years as long as everyone is healthy and the core remains. Other than moving Batum ( he has had his time for growing and maturing) I think we need to let this team continue to grow before we start pawning off key roll players.
    With that said, this year, in my opinion is the best year the blazers have ever had regardless of playoff outcomes. It has been magical so far. What team in history can you name that has suffered so many injuries with starters missing so many games and had even a close record to what we have?

This year has been magical so far in my opinion and the injuries are a blessing in disguise for many reasons:

1) Gives an opportunity for the youth to mature and develop playing against starter caliber players.
    2) In their maturing process, LMA sees that the young ones (the bench) are indeed getting better, reinforcing his want to remain a Blazer.
    3) Now our bench is no longer unproven and wont be skiddish, intimidated or pushed over come playoff time. They will have been on the floor, some as starters, with some of the best teams in the nba. They will be way more ready come playoff time, than if we hadn't had injuries.

Now would any of this be true if we were 13-32 so far? nope. That's why to me, this is the most magical year ever. :)

magnifier661 likes this.
  3. KeepOnRollin

KeepOnRollin Well-Known Member

Orion Bailey likes this.
  4. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

SUGGGAAHHHHH

5. magnifier661

magnifier661 B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Cracking fools in the skull
    It's only because I make like 80 new threads a day. It's subliminal advertising on my part!

Orion Bailey likes this.
  6. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

That was a typo - it should be MVG (Most Valuable Gardener).

You were never MVP and you are only an all star in the same sense that Jamaal Magloire was an all star.

BNM

PDXFonz and magnifier661 like this.
  7. DaLincolnJones

DaLincolnJones Well-Known Member

That has got to be a blast..the hippy John Lennon song explains you fascination with Mags posts...

magnifier661 likes this.
  8. LameR

LameR Ha Seung-Jin Approved!

Soccer Coach
    NOOOOOB!

But in all seriousness, welcome to the board!

9. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

Oh yeah, almost forgot...

Welcome Orion "George" Bailey. It's a Wonderful Forum!

BNM

Orion Bailey likes this.
  10. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

SlyDog - Thanks man. Its fun and we try to keep it interesting. Kinda have to at our age. We arent 20 year old playboys ya know? lol Do you play an instrument at all?

KeepOnRollin - I am a big fan of SOAD, though I cant say Ive really ever heard it in our music. Very interesting though and I take that as a compliment, thank you. :)

DaLincolnJones - Technically the Beatles, or Lennon/McCartney, but yeah. One of the first songs I fell in love wih as a small child spinning the white album over and over. Are you a Beatles fan? Or maybe more of a Stones person? lol I cant say I understand the reference the Mags though, unless it might be because he is also a Beatles fan? Or maybe you are dating us as old folk? lol, Ya lost me on that one. Anyhow, it definitely is a blast. I have musicians over all he time to just jam and have fun.

BNM - Thanks! Who's George though?

Thanks again everyone for the kind welcomes!

some info about the music online:

Those recordings online are old. We have since moved out of a tiny brick building downtown into my house my wife and I just bought. Huge basement we have turned into a studio and plan on having much better recordings as well as sons soon. :)

Swil is a live rocknroll party band that doesnt quoe fit into any genre, but I also have another site for my personal music where I have recorded all the instruments myself if anyone is interested. Everything from piano ballads to hard driving thrash punk. ;)

www.reverbnation.com/orionbailey

This studio will help me put out recordings that will dwarf anything I have ever done in the past, outside of other bands I have been in where we have walked into a studio together...but on my own? I think I will finally be able to achieve a radio worthy sound and I am very excited. We are talking isolated drums, separate sound room. 32 tracks recording live. Ill see if I cant get a couple pics up.

I just also want to add that when I say I am a long time reader, I am a sparatic reader. Sometimes am not able to read for a couple days at a time. Then I catch up on everything. Makes it touch to chime in 2 days late on most discussions that happen within the span of house sometimes. Which is all good though cause most of it is an entertaining read.

One last thing. I promise. This is the last long read. ;)

11. BLAZINGGIANTS

BLAZINGGIANTS Well-Known Member

Tl; dr.

12. magnifier661

I think because he was talking about how my music is similar to the Beatles vibe. Or it could be that I take massive amounts of psychedelics...

https://m.soundcloud.com/jonathan-rhoten

Orion Bailey likes this.
  13. BLAZINGGIANTS

Or, given by his affinity for you, he was referring to Boy George and/or George Michael?

magnifier661 likes this.
  14. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

BlazingGiants - ahhh got it now. Funny.

Very nice Mags! Is that all you, or a band you are in? Do you have a studio or go into a studio or maybe individually track everything direct?
    I get a big TheChurch vibe.

Do you ever make it up into PTown? If you do, you should head over and lay down some tracks.

15. BLAZINGGIANTS

Shit, don't listen to me. Just giving you ish, rook. Just talking outta my ass like everyone else here.

16. magnifier661

Most of it is me. Drums and lead guitar or from a couple of my friends.

Yeah I'm down!

Orion Bailey likes this.
  17. riverman

riverman Writing Team

18. jlprk

jlprk The ESPN mod is insane.

retired, while you work!
    You started posting here under the astrological quasi-sign of Orion rising. I was just looking up at the Orion constellation a couple of hours ago. Well, I think that was Orion...

[​IMG]

Orion Bailey and BlazerBeav like this.
  19. BlazerBeav

BlazerBeav Well-Known Member

+ for the Supernatural gif!

20. jlprk

jlprk The ESPN mod is insane.

retired, while you work!