New Offense: Flare Screens and more for Biebs

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Wizard Mentor, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

The thing is, I think Leonard is great because he can play both spots. So he could play WITH Plumlee. Just rotate Vonleh/Leonard/Plumlee around. That's a really solid core.

2. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Leonard and Plumlee will start the season as C and PF, Plumlee will most likely be our starting center for the year sans injury. Though I could see Leonard being replaced by Vonleh mid season or so.

3. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

I think Meyers starts because he is a better shooter right now than the inexperienced Vonleh. But down the road I can see Meyers as the first one off the bench at both the 4 and 5.

My guess at the moment, until I see more, is that Plumlee is our starting center....for years. He is the best defensive center on the roster without question.

I guess there could be a trade before the deadline (for Davis) if there is
    a steal to be made. No reason to do a mid season trade though unless we are either contending for the playoffs or someone who is......needs a big, and has a talented young wing or an extra 1st round draft pick to give us. Teams slotted after #20 should not call.

Kaman on the other hand can be had by a desperate team who needs depth heading into the playoffs, as I doubt he will return next year if he does not play this year.

Eastoff likes this.