New team name ideas

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by tim, Jul 2, 2008.

1. The Return of the Raider

The Return of the Raider Active Member

The Oklahoma City Im-a-man-Im-40's

<div><object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5VytIZZzee0&"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5VytIZZzee0&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" /></embed></object></div>

2. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thoth @ Jul 25 2008, 08:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The Oklahoma Storm</div>

aka The Oklahoma 'X-men character played by Halle Berry in a skin tight suit'

3. The Return of the Raider

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thoth @ Jul 25 2008, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thoth @ Jul 25 2008, 08:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The Oklahoma Storm</div>

aka The Oklahoma 'X-men character played by Halle Berry in a skin tight suit'
    </div>

That's the WNBA team. I like the idea.

4. tim

tim Respect JPJ

Link

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>OKLAHOMA CITY -- The NBA has filed for trademark rights to six nicknames for the league's new Oklahoma City franchise: Barons, Bison, Energy, Marshalls, Thunder and Wind.

An attorney for the league made the filing Monday with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.

Marshal is usually spelled with one l. It's not clear why the league used a variant spelling.

The filing is listed on the patent office's Web site.

The NBA and the team have refused to discuss possible new names for the team formerly known as the Seattle SuperSonics ahead of an official announcement, which has not yet been scheduled.</div>

5. ghoti

ghoti A PhD in Horribleness

The Wind blows.

6. tim

tim Respect JPJ

Both threads I started, wow I'm on today.

7. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>OKLAHOMA CITY (TICKER) —The NBA filed for trademarks on six nicknames for Oklahoma City’s new franchise, The Oklahoman reported on Friday.

Citing the United States Trademark and Patent Office, the newspaper said that the league filed for a trademark on Barons, Bison, Energy, Marshalls, Thunder and Wind.</div>

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=txok...t&type=lgns

8. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    The "Barons" isn't so bad.

9. Lavalamp

Lavalamp Member

The Wind sucks. No one fears everyday wind. A hurricane is a different matter though.

10. The Return of the Raider

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lavalamp @ Jul 25 2008, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The Wind sucks. No one fears everyday wind. A hurricane is a different matter though.</div>

When I consume the superburrito at the local taqueria, you will fear the wind.

11. Lavalamp

Lavalamp Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Return of the Raider @ Jul 26 2008, 12:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lavalamp @ Jul 25 2008, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The Wind sucks. No one fears everyday wind. A hurricane is a different matter though.</div>

</div>
    touche!

Hmm.. Unless I`m standing up wind. [​IMG]

12. #1_War_Poet_ForLife

#1_War_Poet_ForLife The Baker of Cakes

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Return of the Raider @ Jul 26 2008, 12:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lavalamp @ Jul 25 2008, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The Wind sucks. No one fears everyday wind. A hurricane is a different matter though.</div>

</div>
    He said everyday.

13. The Return of the Raider

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (#1_War_Poet_ForLife @ Jul 25 2008, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Return of the Raider @ Jul 26 2008, 12:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lavalamp @ Jul 25 2008, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The Wind sucks. No one fears everyday wind. A hurricane is a different matter though.</div>

</div>
    He said everyday.
    </div>

Oh, you want some too?

14. cpawfan

cpawfan Monsters do exist

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tim @ Jul 25 2008, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Both threads I started, wow I'm on today.</div>

use the merge Luke

15. NattaNerNuttaMan

NattaNerNuttaMan NattaNerNutta like Spike

Military
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tim @ Jul 25 2008, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Link

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>OKLAHOMA CITY -- The NBA has filed for trademark rights to six nicknames for the league's new Oklahoma City franchise: Barons, Bison, Energy, Marshalls, Thunder and Wind.

An attorney for the league made the filing Monday with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.

Marshal is usually spelled with one l. It's not clear why the league used a variant spelling.

The filing is listed on the patent office's Web site.

The NBA and the team have refused to discuss possible new names for the team formerly known as the Seattle SuperSonics ahead of an official announcement, which has not yet been scheduled.</div>
    </div>

Who is the retard that wrote this article? How are you going to bash the use of the name "marshall" without looking it up? lol...Webster's clearly identifies both spellings as correct and meaning the same thing (one "l" or two).

yeah...I'm bored.....SO WHAT?!?!?.....lol

16. tim

tim Respect JPJ

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cpawfan @ Jul 25 2008, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tim @ Jul 25 2008, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Both threads I started, wow I'm on today.</div>

use the merge Luke
    </div>
    Haha good call. Merged.

17. NattaNerNuttaMan

Military
    merging under the legal age limit is punishable by getting beaten with two cast-iron garden gnomes, held by silverback gorillas, while the theme music to Green-Acres is played in the background

18. tim

tim Respect JPJ

Hey NNNM. I like you and all, being a Wolves fan and everything. But see the green on my name? It means I'm awesome and can merge.

19. NattaNerNuttaMan

Military
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tim @ Jul 26 2008, 03:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Hey NNNM. I like you and all, being a Wolves fan and everything. But see the green on my name? It means I'm awesome and can merge.</div>

Man, I don't even know your age....lol...I'm just spreading a lil "weird" humor....lol

20. pegs

pegs My future wife.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lavalamp @ Jul 26 2008, 12:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The Wind sucks. No one fears everyday wind. A hurricane is a different matter though.</div>

You've got that all mixed up. The Wind doesn't suck, it blows.