New US gov't project to monitor electronic communication

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Colonel Ronan, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    No, I'm not in favor of repeal of the 4th.

I am just stating the facts; how the technology works, and how it's similar to what Google or your ISP does.

I do not at all favor the Obama administration's views towards privacy in the least. The TSA, this issue, etc.

I pointed out that SCOTUS is hearing a case that should end this whole spying on citizens business.

The silliness in this thread is from Maris in post #11. The SCOTUS that sold out also found privacy in the constitution in Roe v. Wade.

Here's Justice Alito, during the United States v. Jones case:

t seems to me the heart of the problem that's presented by this case and will be presented by other cases involving new technology is that in the pre-computer, pre-Internet age much of the privacy -- I would say most of the privacy -- that people enjoyed was not the result of legal protections or constitutional protections; it was the result simply of the difficulty of traveling around and gathering up information. But with computers, it's now so simple to amass an enormous amount of information about people that consists of things that could have been observed on the streets, information that was made available to the public. ... So how do we deal with this? Do we just say, well, nothing is changed, so that all the information that people expose to the public -- is, is fair game? There is no -- there is no search or seizure when that is -- when that is obtained, because there isn't a reasonable expectation of privacy? But isn't there a real change in -- in this regard?

2. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    Does this mean I have to stop sexting?

3. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    No.

But be aware that some DHS employee will be jerking off while he enters it into your permanent record.