New York @ Philadelphia

Discussion in 'New York Knicks' started by Mr. J, Feb 14, 2005.

1. jbbHardaway

jbbHardaway JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting mrj18:</div><div class="quote_post">Marbury Sweetney and Hardaway were huge for us. Hardaway had those jumpshots and a pass here and there. JYD helped us but that choke at the end was crucial. Had he made it we would have been in OT right now. It's interesting to see how we play when we have Crawford on the bench. I guess all of the idiots who were knocking on Sweetney can't say much. Anyway, I wish it hadn't gone in this fashion but it did. A heart breaker and a tough loss for us. I'm very dissapointed.</div>

Crawford had a lot of time on the bench in 4 quart..but the knicks play better than one to three quart...and happy to see penny had season high 6 ast

2. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Tribute to H2O:</div><div class="quote_post">MY GOD!!! WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT???? I get home and start watching the final minutes of the fourth quarter and I'm pleasantly surprised to see the Knicks doing well. Then JYD misses a critical free throw and that bad defensive play by Kurt Thomas. As soon as he saw the double team he should have covered Sweetney's man. Let's not forget Marbury's lousy play. Instead of taking it to the basket he took that jumpshot which of course missed. Then Nazr Mohammed misses that little shot. He should have hit it. I dont care what the hell he pulled. For someone making that much money he should have hit it. Those are the kind of plays he was brought in to make. I am very angry with him. I could have hit that shot...without jumping...for a fraction of the price. I cant believe we lost like that. The next play we draw up like that should be for Sweetney and/or Ariza at least they know how to finish.</div>
    Werd, Mohammed should have made that. If I was 6'10 I would have made that too.

It seems like I also forgot about Kurt giving Jackson that open LAYUP. I would not want someone like Thomas to do that. But, we have to remember him, Marbury, Nazr, TT (with the exception of yesterday) aren't really clutch.

Why is it that the Knicks always draw up last second shots for Nazr. Remember last year? Nazr missed that open layup, then dunked it instead of tapping it in for a win, then this year in Washington he choked, then in Chicago, then in Utah the missed freethrows, then today. What more evidence do they need then MOHAMMED IS NOT CLUTCH!!! Give me Crawford chucking up a contested 30 foot game winner at least it has a better chance of going in then Mohammed making an open 1 footer.

3. VintageNYK

VintageNYK BBW Member

<strike>AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MAN ONE DAY IM GONNA STABB AND BEAT MYSELF UP FOR TAKING THE TIME OUT TO WATCH KNICKS GAMES AND GET SO HAPPY AND EXCITED BUT THEN GET DISSAPOINTED AND STOMPED ALL OVER ON BY THE OTHER TEAM AND THE KNICKS BAD CRUNCH TIME PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</strike>

Phew, it was good to get that off my chest...lol

But seriously, this is one of the worst games I have watched this season. And not as much as the Knicks play....but the feeling I had once it was done. I was just sitting there....not moving at all....still...stunned. My little brother barely said anything. When they showed the final score once the game was over, we were frozen stiff. But anyway, to the game....

As everyone has said, Sweetz and Penny played well for us. JYD was huge in the 4th, but that crucial free throw miss lead up to what you see as the final score. Marbury played crazy good, but dont know why he wasted so much time on that play. He seems to do that a lot or choke in the clutch. He shouldve taken it to the lane or at least started early when I think about it. He seems to stray away from what hes good at when the games so close and sometimes on the line. Now Nazr...yes, Id like to go crazy on him too. But it was kinda difficult, he was kinda well-defended, and he didnt get that high, probably because his groin. But maybe he did have more time to get a better shot at the rim, but he took it. I dont doubt him, because I might have shot it at that moment too. But like one said, with the money he''s making, and for the city he's representing and the team's he's playing for, he HAS to make that. All in all, this was a dagger to my heart and my NYK pride. But no matter what, Im still gonna keep on keepin' on, and so should the Knicks.

Do not type in all caps like that again. I will leave it there as a reminder. It's against the guidlines and you are running risks with such stuff as that.
    <font color="Blue">-Knicks Analyst</font>

4. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

^Excellent post Tha Knick, you should really do more. [​IMG]

5. jbbHardaway

sorry for all knicks fans....i come from hong kong.so i can't see lots of knicks live game and my english is not good bacuse i only 14 years old....sorry!

i only can see live score in nba.com..

6. VintageNYK

VintageNYK BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting mrj18:</div><div class="quote_post">^Excellent post Tha Knick, you should really do more. [​IMG]</div>

lol haha thanks man. Ya, I dont post that much nowadays, but occasionally I post. And I had A LOT to share and talk about when this game was over. And having a long and somewhat emotional coversation with yming2k4, I had a lot more to say. And that extra stuff was basically how no matter how bad it gets, I will <strike>NEVER</strike> stop watching, and <strike>NEVER</strike> stop supporting. Bashing, sometimes, yes. lol But I will never stop supporting. I have too much NYK pride in me for that.
    Please, watch the caps. Again. -<font color="Blue">Knicks Analyst</font>

7. jbbHardaway

i saw the recap on nba.com

<font color="DarkRed">The Knicks had a chance to win as Penny Hardaway found an open Nazr Mohammed with a lob pass</font>. But Mohammed, nursing a severe groin strain, could not convert, dropping New York to 8-16 in games decided by six points or less.

again??i remember penny had lob pass to Nazr Mohammed vs sixers last season too [​IMG]

8. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Tha Knick:</div><div class="quote_post">lol haha thanks man. Ya, I dont post that much nowadays, but occasionally I post. And I had A LOT to share and talk about when this game was over. And having a long and somewhat emotional coversation with yming2k4, I had a lot more to say. And that extra stuff was basically how no matter how bad it gets, I will NEVER stop watching, and NEVER stop supporting. Bashing, sometimes, yes. lol But I will never stop supporting. I have too much NYK pride in me for that.</div>
    That's great man. It shows your true colors when you can support a team that has a bad record and isn't doing well. Seeing that you live in New Jersey, I know it is quite easy to start liking the Nets. You're staying true...to the orange and blue. I respect all Knick fans but especially the diehard ones. [​IMG]

9. Tribute to H2O

Tribute to H2O JBB JustBBall Rookie Of The Month

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting mrj18:</div><div class="quote_post">Why is it that the Knicks always draw up last second shots for Nazr. Remember last year? Nazr missed that open layup, then dunked it instead of tapping it in for a win, then this year in Washington he choked, then in Chicago, then in Utah the missed freethrows, then today. What more evidence do they need then MOHAMMED IS NOT CLUTCH!!! Give me Crawford chucking up a contested 30 foot game winner at least it has a better chance of going in then Mohammed making an open 1 footer.</div>

They draw up those kind of plays for him because that's what he was brought in to do as an athletic big man. Isiah didnt bring him in for his post up play. Isiah traded for him so he can rise to the occasion(and the basket) and bail the Knicks out. He is not living up to his end of the bargain and it's pissing me off!

10. VintageNYK

VintageNYK BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting mrj18:</div><div class="quote_post">That's great man. It shows your true colors when you can support a team that has a bad record and isn't doing well. Seeing that you live in New Jersey, I know it is quite easy to start liking the Nets. You're staying true...to the orange and blue. I respect all Knick fans but especially the diehard ones. [​IMG]</div>

Yeah man, I find myself being luured into liking them sometimes. But I cant, Im a Knickerbocker! lol

But yeah, I will always have the NYK in me. And somehow, I still have hope for this season....somehow....lol [​IMG]

11. Knicks Analyst

Knicks Analyst JBB ? Israel ?

Amen. These last second plays should always go in the direction of a guy who the defense doesn't expect. Such as Ariza or Sweetney, two rookies. The play to the center is known and targeted. I feel your pain, Tribute. It's pissing me off as well.

12. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Tribute to H2O:</div><div class="quote_post">They draw up those kind of plays for him because that's what he was brought in to do as an athletic big man. Isiah didnt bring him in for his post up play. Isiah traded for him so he can rise to the occasion(and the basket) and bail the Knicks out. He is not living up to his end of the bargain and it's pissing me off!</div>
    After he chokes up like that all the time, why do they still make it for him. I mean he wasn't even inserted until this play. He's unclutch, plus hurt (even thought he should've made it) I would have never run a last second play for him again, I don't even know if I'll let him set a screen for me. Who knows if he'll get an offensive foul or something?

I am very dissapointed!!

13. Knicks Analyst

Bah. Don't lay the blame on Mohhamed saying he should've made it. The man can barely walk nevertheless soar into the air to make a contested layup with the game on the line in 1 second. I blame Herb 98% of the way and Mohhamed about 2%. Herb had some nice plays drawn up against Charlotte, but they were undectable tonight.
    Really bad coaching.

14. Tribute to H2O

Tribute to H2O JBB JustBBall Rookie Of The Month

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Knicks Analyst:</div><div class="quote_post">Bah. Don't lay the blame on Mohhamed saying he should've made it. The man can barely walk nevertheless soar into the air to make a contested layup with the game on the line in 1 second. I blame Herb 98% of the way and Mohhamed about 2%. Herb had some nice plays drawn up against Charlotte, but they were undectable tonight.
    Really bad coaching.</div>

It's not all his fault. The blame goes all the way around. From Marbury's missed jumper to Kurt Thomas's defensive lapse to JYD's missed free throw to Herb Williams' questionable decision to run that play with Mohammed. But Mohammed had a nice look which is surprising since we've run that play on the 76'rs twice already in the same kind of situations. I can understand not being able to get back on defense with the kind of injury Mohammed has, but missing that kind of chippy is unacceptable. It just is. If I was a teammate of Mohammed I would tell him too. Those are simply the kind of plays he has to finish, groin pull or no. On the bright side Sweetney looks great out there. I cant wait to see what kind of duo him and Ariza becomes.

15. Knicks Analyst

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Tribute to H2O:</div><div class="quote_post">It's not all his fault. The blame goes all the way around. From Marbury's missed jumper to Kurt Thomas's defensive lapse to JYD's missed free throw to Herb Williams' questionable decision to run that play with Mohammed. But Mohammed had a nice look which is surprising since we've run that play on the 76'rs twice already in the same kind of situations. I can understand not being able to get back on defense with the kind of injury Mohammed has, but missing that kind of chippy is unacceptable. It just is. If I was a teammate of Mohammed I would tell him too. Those are simply the kind of plays he has to finish, groin pull or no. On the bright side Sweetney looks great out there. I cant wait to see what kind of duo him and Ariza becomes.</div>I agree with 99% of that. Very well said.
    I think it's safe to say most of the blame belongs to this man (I messed his face up :P ): [​IMG]

16. jbbHardaway

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Knicks Analyst:</div><div class="quote_post">I agree with 99% of that. Very well said.
    I think it's safe to say most of the blame belongs to this man (I messed his face up :P ): [​IMG]</div>

hebe is so cute [​IMG] [​IMG]
    but do you think knicks give up this season and choose a good rookie?

17. Knicks Analyst

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Hardaway:</div><div class="quote_post">hebe is so cute [​IMG] [​IMG] </div>
    Uhh.... [​IMG]
    Are you...female?

18. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Uhh....

19. jbbHardaway

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Knicks Analyst:</div><div class="quote_post">Uhh.... [​IMG]
    Are you...female?</div>

haha ..no ...just play

20. Knicks Analyst

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Hardaway:</div><div class="quote_post">haha ..no ...just play</div>
    LOL. [​IMG] Got me good. [​IMG] [​IMG]