New York @ Philadelphia

Discussion in 'New York Knicks' started by Mr. J, Feb 14, 2005.

1. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Alright that's cool then [​IMG]

2. jbbDavid

jbbDavid JBB JustBBall Member

Damn. All I can really say. This just totally sucks to see as a Knicks fan. Man come on Kurt, come on. That was pathetic on his part, and the fact that Nazi came so close at the end but missed was just what I needed. Man oh man, the way we were coming back I was damn excited only to see Marbury get fouled and a ref not call it and then see him throw up a brick. They called timeout I was mad as hell especially seeing AI limping or something. It seemed like he wanted some attention for it. Nazi man, come on, come on. Yeah you're groin was hurting you but don't even call for the ball like you did unless you're gonna put it in the hoop. That was an ugly game for the Knicks. Uglier than Kyle Korver. [​IMG]

3. N4S

N4S BBW Member

Bad officiating? Yeah Kurt Thomas shoulda got called for a illegal screen by sicking his legs out tripping AI.

That's bad officiating.

Man, the Knicks are in the tubes big time.

4. KnicksUK

KnicksUK JBB JustBBall Member

I did say before the match started that we'd lose. There seems to be a fair bit of misplaced optimism on this board - lots of people believing we can win when we clearly can't. Iverson destroyed us last team and it seems any team with a remotely good guard can do the same.

Will we bounce back on Wednesday? I honestly doubt it. Redd will be the 'remotely good guard' who 'will do the same'.

5. Platehpus

Platehpus JBB JustBBall Member

Hardaway is definitely my favorite poster.

KnicksUS is about as optimistic as a jew living in europe in the 1940s.

How the hell was Jackson so wide open?

Sweetneys low-post moves are only going to get better.

No one here thinks Tim Thomas is any better than he was before he got injured, right?

Why do we always lose games that could potentially put us right back into the race? [​IMG]

6. Platehpus

Platehpus JBB JustBBall Member

Hardaway is definitely my favorite poster.

KnicksUK is about as optimistic as a jew living in europe in the 1940s.

How the hell was Jackson so wide open?

Sweetneys low-post moves are only going to get better.

No one here thinks Tim Thomas is any better than he was before he got injured, right?

Why do we always lose games that could potentially put us right back into the race? :cry:

7. Knicks Analyst

Knicks Analyst JBB ? Israel ?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Need4Sheed:</div><div class="quote_post">Bad officiating? Yeah Kurt Thomas shoulda got called for a illegal screen by sicking his legs out tripping AI.

That's bad officiating.

Man, the Knicks are in the tubes big time.</div>
    [​IMG] Are you kidding me? You think you guys got no calls? I watching the game with a couple of friends of mine from Philly - huge Sixers fans, big time homers. And even those guys I was watching it with said it was Philly-biased. [​IMG]

8. N4S

N4S BBW Member

I know KA, I was just messin. I think when the Knicks getta new coach they'll be alright.

But on the other hand, I think your legs must be shoulder legnth width on a screen. THomas was in split eagle on that one. Lol

9. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

They showed it again and Iverson tripped over Kurt's legs. Anyway, if anything they had no right to call it after the way Iverson chopped Marbury across his back. What a bunch of idiots. It was so blatant and yet they happen to miss it? [​IMG]

10. KnicksUK

Blame the team not the officials. If we had had a 10 point lead one dodgy call wouldn't have made such a big deal.

11. Tribute to H2O

Tribute to H2O JBB JustBBall Rookie Of The Month

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting KnicksUK:</div><div class="quote_post">Blame the team not the officials. If we had had a 10 point lead one dodgy call wouldn't have made such a big deal.</div>

You're sort of missing the point. The point is a foul should have been called. Period. There's nothing else after that. Granted if we had a ten point lead we would have won but if the official made the right decision and called the foul we would have won. We shouldnt have to win the game by ten points to come away with a win.

12. VintageNYK

VintageNYK BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Tribute to H2O:</div><div class="quote_post">You're sort of missing the point. The point is a foul should have been called. Period. There's nothing else after that. Granted if we had a ten point lead we would have won but if the official made the right decision and called the foul we would have won. We shouldnt have to win the game by ten points to come away with a win.</div>

Very good response to that post. We weren't up by 10 points KnicksUK, thats the facts. We had made a comeback and if that was called, it couldve changed the outcome of the game a <u>huge</u> way.

13. BW14

BW14 JBB JustBBall Member

DAMN THAT IS ONE HELL OF A GAME THREAD!!!! Sorry, I had to type that in caps. Great job. You covered everything well.

14. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Thank you, I try [​IMG]

15. KnicksUK

If we had won the last 20 games and lost this one because of a foul not being called then that would be fair enough but ONE call does not decide a game. Think of the shots we missed and the missed offensive rebounds. That is what loses games, not officials. I think it's easier to blame the officials but the problem lies with the team - the league standings show that.

The officials are not robots - they can make mistakes and that is part of the game.

16. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting KnicksUK:</div><div class="quote_post">If we had won the last 20 games and lost this one because of a foul not being called then that would be fair enough but ONE call does not decide a game. Think of the shots we missed and the missed offensive rebounds. That is what loses games, not officials. I think it's easier to blame the officials but the problem lies with the team - the league standings show that.

The officials are not robots - they can make mistakes and that is part of the game.</div>
    I know. It is not always the officials fault but, every team makes mistakes. No team is perfect either. We rebounded pretty well and especially Michael Sweetney, but we showed effort to come and make a run at the end and the silly part about the no call is it was right in front of him.

Down the stretch missed freethrows, missed boards, and others play a part however, I don't think it would be totally fair to mention those blunders without mentioning some of the blunders of the official especially if it is at the waning minutes of a game that meant so much for both teams.

17. KnicksUK

If it was right in front of him then he clearly saw it and didn't judge it to be a foul. If he didn't judge it to be a foul then that's a decision we have to live with. There have been times when a fouls been called that I hadn't seen and we benefitted from that but nobody complains about that. If we had been winning and philly got a call not given by the officials nobody here would have said a thing about it. It's part of the game, the official saw it and didn't give it. That's good enough for me and I accept it as a decision. Arguing about it now will change nothing so let's just look towards the next game......which we will probably lose [​IMG]

I need us to blowout a team to restore any sort of optimism I once had in the Knicks!

18. Tribute to H2O

Tribute to H2O JBB JustBBall Rookie Of The Month

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting KnicksUK:</div><div class="quote_post">If it was right in front of him then he clearly saw it and didn't judge it to be a foul. If he didn't judge it to be a foul then that's a decision we have to live with. There have been times when a fouls been called that I hadn't seen and we benefitted from that but nobody complains about that. If we had been winning and philly got a call not given by the officials nobody here would have said a thing about it. It's part of the game, the official saw it and didn't give it. That's good enough for me and I accept it as a decision. Arguing about it now will change nothing so let's just look towards the next game......which we will probably lose [​IMG]

I need us to blowout a team to restore any sort of optimism I once had in the Knicks!</div>

What is so hard to understand about this situation? A foul is a foul. Period. When there is a foul there should be a whistle. Period. And a foul should be called. Period. We arent talking about all those other games that we lost. We're talking about this one that we probably should have won. If there is a foul called that you didnt see you probably missed it as I have yet to see a game where the Knicks got an unfair advantage in officiating. If anything not enough fouls are called. I personally dont like to complain about officiating but if the ref was right there and saw the foul and refused to call it there is a problem. A referee not calling a foul when he saw a foul isnt something that we should just accept. At least I dont accept it. He isn't doing his job and that is unacceptable. You're not an optimistic person are you? If we do lose the next game and we there's a good chance we will I'd rather we go out and lose it on our own then have some idiot ref decide he wants to see the Knicks lose.

If you need a blowout to restore your faith in the Knicks, you might as well stop watching games now and get ready for next season.

19. KnicksUK

Of course I'm not going to stop watching the Knicks but until we show we can blowout a team like others have done to us several times this season, then I refuse to be optimistic when I watch a game. I have NO reason to believe we will win the next game, why should I?

I think you missed my point regarding the officiating, but like I said it's not important, 1 game in 82 is a drop in the ocean and knowing the Knicks at the moment, it's not like we'd have made the free throws anyway.