NFL Draft Rumors

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TheBeef, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Vintage

Vintage Defeating Communism...

ESPN also saying Matt Ryan 3rd to Atlanta; McFadden 4th to Oak.

2. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chutney @ Apr 26 2008, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticKing @ Apr 26 2008, 11:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Ok got a question here. I haven't followed the draft and what has happened but my question is, do the Patriots have a pick and what round(s) is it?

Thanks.</div>
    The Patriots lost their first round pick (31st overall) because of the Spygate scandal. However, they made a trade last year with the 49ers, which gives them their first rounder this year (7th overall).
    </div>

Thanks man. I hope we get someone good with that pick.

3. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

What are your thoughts on Matt Ryan? I didn't get to watch much college football, but I've read opinions on both sides: some call him overrated due to a weak QB class and other view him as a legit prospect that a team can build around.

4. Vintage

Vintage Defeating Communism...

In that link I provided, these are the quotes on Matt Ryan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>When Indianapolis President Bill Polian refers to the class as having "one contender and the rest pretenders," it's understood that he ranks Boston College's Matt Ryan head and shoulders above the pack. Of Ryan, Polian said, " I never say 'can't miss' but Matt Ryan has really no down side."

Savage, who traded his first-round choice this year to take Notre Dame's Brady Quinn 22nd last year, remains wary.

"I'll say this: I'm glad we moved up for Brady Quinn," Savage said. "If you think Matt Ryan is going to be the answer with not much around him, I think people would be disappointed. I don't know that he has a special quality other than his personality and leadership."

In a Journal Sentinel survey, 15 personnel people were asked to rank their top five quarterbacks. A first-place vote was worth five points, a second was worth four and so forth.

Ryan, with 12 firsts, won going away with 71 points. Following, in order, were: Louisville's Brian Brohm, 53 (one first); Michigan's Chad Henne, 38 (two firsts); Flacco, 36; Southern California's John David Booty, 11; Kentucky's Andre' Woodson, 7; Tennessee's Erik Ainge and Oregon's Dennis Dixon, 4; and San Diego's Josh Johnson, 1</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>1. MATT RYAN, Boston College (6-4½, 225, 4.89, 1) - Started for 2½ seasons (25-7 record), breaking out as a senior. "This is a one-year aberration," one scout said. "He threw 19 interceptions. C'mon. His best game was Virginia Tech. Other than that, what's he got to hang his hat on?" Other personnel men admire his charisma, work ethic, smarts (28 on the Wonderlic intelligence test) and almost unflappable demeanor. "To me, his arm and athleticism are more like (Philip) Rivers," Chicago GM Jerry Angelo said. "(Ben) Roethlisberger was athletic and could run some. This guy is not any of that. It's not like he's special with his arm strength or accuracy, mobility or strength. It's his intangibles." Posted an NFL passer rating of 83.2. Struggles reading underneath coverages. "I think he is NFL-ready mentally," Seattle scout Charles Fisher said. "He can read the high safety. He can do that stuff. I don't see a very strong arm. He takes some chances that he shouldn't but he can read the defense."</div>

5. o.iatlhawksfan

o.iatlhawksfan ROFLMFAO!!!!

You have a big time defensive player fall on your lap, and you pick the next QB bust. Good going Falcons. I hope the Saints are able to move up and draft Dorsey

6. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

I'm always wary when a prospect's biggest positives is his "intangibles."

7. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

So let's see:

1. Jake Long
    2. Chris Long
    3. Matt Ryan
    4. Darren McFadden

How do you see the rest of the top 10 playing out? Predictions?

8. o.iatlhawksfan

o.iatlhawksfan ROFLMFAO!!!!

Saints need to get Dorsey. They want him very badly, so lets see if they can work out a trade with the Chiefs.

9. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticKing @ Apr 26 2008, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Ok got a question here. I haven't followed the draft and what has happened but my question is, do the Patriots have a pick and what round(s) is it?

Thanks.</div>

They can't get son of Howie @ #7. So, the draft has been successful so far and its 20 minutes until it gets under way.

10. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

It all depends on where M Ryan lands. I said previously that a WCO team i.e. the Chiefs would be ideal.

It would not surprise me to see NOLA stay where they are and get Dorsey. Of couse, it would not stun me to see a deal between the Saints & Pats.

11. GMJ

GMJ Suspended

The Lions want a first and second round pick from the Cowboys to trade Roy Williams

12. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chutney @ Apr 26 2008, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>What are your thoughts on Matt Ryan? I didn't get to watch much college football, but I've read opinions on both sides: some call him overrated due to a weak QB class and other view him as a legit prospect that a team can build around.</div>

Personally I like him and loved what he did at BC. Any team that gets him will have a QB who has proven that he can win and will be ready to start IMO.