Notice NFL Sunday Ticket Is “Moving To A Streaming Service,” Says NFL Commissioner Rodger Goodell

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Phatguysrule, Jul 13, 2022.

1. ehizzy3

ehizzy3 RIP mgb

I’ll be streaming illegally

2. bigbailes

bigbailes Well-Known Member

I love the Raiders, but the key is with them on the West Coast for most of their games, you don't have to deal with the early morning window that's packed of random games I don't care about. Find that the afternoon window, and if they are good, then the RZ will stick with the good games more often than the others. Plus I don't need to see every snap of every game, by the time Sunday rolls around my interest in football is starting to wane anyway after covering HS games Thursday and Friday and then living/dying on college games Saturday.

3. tykendo

tykendo Don't Tread On PDX

That's not an option for a "Die Hard" fan. You're lucky you care more about college, at least for now. But that could be changing as well. Most of UO games can be had on the cheap on a streaming level. But that's not an option for Pro. And only seeing the big plays for your team on Red Zone sucks. It's great for Fantasy though. I get if your team is one of 2 or less scheduled in the PM slot, but that doesn't mean your teams game is the focus. I've tried that road. Ended up biting the bullet with Sunday Ticket.

ehizzy3 likes this.
  4. bigbailes

For as much as people complain about other sports being slow, the NFL is right up there, as there is a lot less action going on than one would think. Personally I love not having to watch a single commercial, and I get more than enough of the Raiders on the RZ without having to listen to boring announcers doing the full game. I get it's not for everyone and most of the time if I'm watching a full on game, I've got it on mute or very low anyway as it's nice to nap to after a full weekend of covering/watching games.

5. tykendo

If i was a Raiders fan, i'd think the less i see them , the better too. :blazerwookie:

6. ehizzy3

ehizzy3 RIP mgb

cfb is the worst. It seems like every game is at least 4 hours

7. Phatguysrule

Phatguysrule Well-Known Member

I'm thinking I will as well.

ehizzy3 likes this.
  8. SlyPokerCat

SlyPokerCat cats rool dogs drool

The Broncos were worst in the division last year. So.....

Raiders made the playoffs.

bigbailes likes this.
  9. Driew

Driew Well-Known Member

Correct Sunday Ticket won't be on DirectTV after this coming season. Rumor is that Apple TV+ has the best offer for Sunday Ticket but google has also stepped up and made an offer to have it on youtube. If Google gets it it'll most likely be on Youtube TV.

Phatguysrule likes this.
  10. bigbailes

I know people shudder just hearing the name Comcast, but they had an old remote with a :30 skip ahead button and it was perfect for the NFL ... as soon as the play was over, hit that button and you were about 5-10 seconds away from the next snap. Could watch a game with every play in a little over an hour.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2022
    Phatguysrule likes this.
  11. bigbailes

That's a nice exaggeration but yes they could speed up the games some for sure, way too many replay reviews!

12. SlyPokerCat

I thought i'd continuously heard Amazon is making a huge push to have it on their prime app.

Phatguysrule likes this.
  13. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

Attending both the NFL and College games can be extremely annoying. Watching the refs hold up the snap of the ball because the
    networks have not returned from a commercial can be frustrating. Not as bad when you are watching on TV because there are other games you can switch over to during the timeout.

I tape all my team's games regardless because I like to re-watch it a couple of times throughout the week and focus more on certain players/positions as opposed to just watching the ball. So if I do change the channel I don't miss any action since I go right back to the commercial...and then I just FF to the live action. I still like going to the stadium to watch games, but all the TV timeouts can definitely affect the atmosphere.

bigbailes and HailBlazers like this.
  14. tykendo

Ooooooh, from a pussy tat that bangs on the Blazers just making the playoffs, gonna get all excited cause the Raiders made the playoffs. Broncos, with Russ, playing for a title. Raiders might make the playoffs in the city of Lost Wages.

15. SlyPokerCat

NFL and NBA is not the same. Any given Sunday in football. There is more parity in the NFL for small market and big market teams.

Raiders got Davante Adams. The best WR in the game. Prove it this season. Ain't gonna happen for the Donkeys.

16. tykendo

What , are you on Mark Davis' (Party in the back, goofus in the front haircut) Payroll. Better hope your WR can play cornerback.

17. SlyPokerCat

We will be pressuring Russ with Chandler Jones and Maxx Crosby all day.

18. bigbailes

Should have known you were a fan of the Donks ... can usually smell the bullshit coming out of their mouths a mile away. Russ isn't taking you to the Super Bowl, calm down over there in your fantasy world.

SlyPokerCat likes this.
  19. tykendo

You're right, Russ isn't taking me to the Super Bowl. Russ doesn't know me. But there's a good chance he will be leading his team there in the next few years.

20. bigbailes

Agree with you for the most part but there is just something different about the college games that the NFL doesn't have. The traditions, the pregame, the bands and pageantry. I'll take going to a random CFB game every week over the NFL.