NFL Week 14 Thread

Discussion in 'NFL General' started by Mamba, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

I'd go with Baltimore too. I think the Pats win, but you can't argue against a matchup vs. Detroit.

2. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Marcus McNeill is going to have his hands full with DeMarcus Ware on Sunday. God, please protect Rivers.

I don't know why, but I don't have a good feeling about Sunday. Going into NY, I had a quiet confidence about that game, against Philly, I had the same feeling, and going into Denver, I had it. I don't have that this week...at least not yet.

3. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Probably because all three of them weren't playing great coming into that matchup? The Giants and Broncos were in the midst of pretty brutal slumps and the Eagles had been inconsistent for the past month (dominating Washington and NY, but losing to Dallas and Oakland). Despite their loss to the Giants, Dallas is playing pretty good football right now. It should be a pretty close matchup.

4. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Dallas' lost against the Giants, looked good against Oakland (but other than half of the AFC North, who hasn't?), barely beat Washington, and lost to Green Bay. I wouldn't say they're playing pretty good.

5. Big Frame

Big Frame Well-Known Member

New England, Drew Stanton is going to kill Baltimore with his awesome clip board management

6. thesportsweekly.com

thesportsweekly.com Member

lol I actually think Culpepper is getting the start, I know Stafford didn't practice today. Hopefully Ed Reed plays and Baltimore goes crazy on them.

7. thesportsweekly.com

Thursday Night Game
    Pittsburgh @ Cleveland

Sunday Early Games
    New Orleans @ Atlanta
    Buffalo @ Kansas City
    Detroit @ Baltimore
    NY Jets @ Tampa Bay
    Miami @ Jacksonville
    Cincinnati @ Minnesota
    Green Bay @ Chicago
    Denver @ Indianapolis
    Carolina @ New England

Sunday Late Games
    San Diego @ Dallas
    Washington @ Oakland
    St. Louis @ Tennessee

Sunday Night Game
    Philadelphia @ NY Giants - Giants fan so gotta pick them, but won't be easy.

Monday Night Football
    Arizona @ San Francisco

8. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

I would go with the Ravens. Detriot is a horible team and sems like an esay win for them, if they play wel.

9. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    Tony Romo was pretty respectable against the Giants, not perfect but getting better. I think that might be what troubles you Mamba.

How would you assess his performance last week Chut?

10. thesportsweekly.com

Yeah, thats who I went with, I checked out their past games and Ravens are better then their record losing to Indy by 2 points should have beat Minnesota by 1 point, they killed San Diego earlier in the year so their games have all been close and playing at home against a the worst Defense in the league as well as one of the worst teams I decided to take the Ravens.

11. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

Good choice, very good choice. Ravens after coming off a lose to the Packers with all those penalties can kick them into high gear. I feel sorry for Detroit, wait nvm no I don't...

12. Big Frame

Big Frame Well-Known Member

Well, I hope the Packers O-Line kills Aaron Rodgers. Laughing at the Lions is like laughing at the loser of the Special Olympics.

13. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

I never laughed at the Lions. The Lions are a division rival, its part of the rivalry to say things like that.

14. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

HEY! I didn't know you were a Giants fan, why didn't you mention this sooner? It's great to have another NY fan in here.

15. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Very good. The Giants committed themselves to loading the box and stopping the run, and Romo did a good job of picking on the resulting one-on-one matchups. He also got the ball out quickly against a pretty strong pass rush (sacked only twice despite being hit 10+ times). He did make one game-altering mistake in overthrowing a sure TD pass to a wide-open Roy Williams late in the game, but I listened to his interview and I think he had a good excuse. The Giants pass rush made him throw that ball before he could fully look towards Williams, and he threw it assuming the CB would be right on him (the CB slipped just off the line of scrimmage).

Although you could make the argument that he just exploited a Giants LB core that has never been particularly good in pass coverage. Most of his passes were shorter drag routes to Witten/Williams/Austin, where those dudes were able to create some pretty good separation from their defender.

IMO, the order of priority for stopping the Cowboys offense should be: running game => Witten => Austin.

16. thesportsweekly.com

Yeah definitely. Hopefully they get pumped up like they did against Dallas and come away with a win on Sunday night

17. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

They've been talking about how they want to avenge that earlier humiliating loss, which is encouraging. I think the single biggest thing that motivated that team against Dallas was the demotions to Osi Umenyiora and Fred Robbins. It really seemed to wake the defense out of its complacency. Guys who had been waiting for a shot (Kiwanuka, Goff) and guys who needed to show something this year (Cofield, Umenyiora, Rouse) all played with a lot of energy and intensity. I'm hoping that hasn't worn off yet.

18. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

and I was starting to like him.. -glares at the Giants fans-

19. thesportsweekly.com

ha yeah, well I can't blame ya... I'd feel the same way if it was my team that got knocked out 2 years ago... opps lol don't worry man Green Bay's looking good this year I would actually love to see them knock out Minnesota if they were too meet in the playoffs that's if the Giants don't make it. I think Green Bay vs. Minnesota in the playoffs would be a huge game and if Rogers could get redemption on Favre it'd be pretty nice i'm sure.

20. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

Lol, not the only reason why i hate the Giants, but thats a factor in it. =P I would love to see Rodgers beat Favre, I mean the Packers beat the Vikings. But a lose their would be so sickening...