NFL Week 6 (2008)

Discussion in 'NFL General' started by Mamba, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

I completely missed the game. I was passed out. I got home from school, was so damn exhausted, I don't even remember walking up to my room.

Looks like the Giants played like shit, obviously, Chutney--what happened? Was Cleveland just more motivated than them?

2. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

They absolutely dominated our defense. Our D is completely dependent upon applying pressure to the QB and Cleveland's O-line prevented that from happening. They shut down Justin Tuck, held down the rest of our front four, and picked up blitzes. I knew they had a talented line, but that was one heckuva performance. They didn't punt the ball once the entire game, which is an incredible feat when you think about it.

The game should've been a shootout, but Eli prevented that from happening. I'm a lot less angry about his performance right now than I was last night, after looking at the replays. On the whole, he played a pretty decent game. He completed as many passes as Anderson (way fewer yards because DA had all day in the pocket to connect on big plays), and marched the ball down the field several times. He threw 3 terrible passes the entire game, but they were just so poorly timed. That last one in particular turned what should've been a 7 pt. deficit with over 5 minutes left in the game into a 21 point Cleveland lead. Two of the interceptions came as he was about to be sacked and the other one was just a bad miscommunication with Plax (I'm guessing it had something to do with the 2 weeks off). It was really surprising to see him so unclutch, because its at odds with the majority of his career.

The coaching also wasn't very good, on either side of the ball.

3. rocketeer

rocketeer Active Member

actually there would have been 8 and a half minutes left.

4. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Was it that much? I remember being upset about our clock management at the end of that drive. I guess our opportunity to comeback was even bigger than I remember.

5. rocketeer

rocketeer Active Member

yeah. the clock management was some of the worst i've ever seen.

the box score lists the int td return happening with 8:22 left in the quarter so that makes it about 8:30 left if the giants had scored on the play.