NFL Week 7 (2008)

Discussion in 'NFL General' started by Mamba, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

I don't think they're media darlings, but San Diego was the sexy Super Bowl pick this year (I know I picked them).

Can anybody else remember the last time there was this much parity in the league? I'd say the best teams in the league are Tennessee, Buffalo, NY Giants, Pittsburgh, and maybe Dallas when they're fully healthy. But each of those teams have their flaws and you could very easily see any of those teams not making the Super Bowl. Similarly, you have a bunch of middle-of-the-pack teams that are better than their records and could surprise on any given night. Its going to be a really interesting season.

2. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    Hey nothing against the Bucs but the Seahawks bore the shit out of me. We need that flex scheduling like Mamba said.

Good recap btw, Chutney.

3. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Oh yeah, SD was a sexy pick, but so was Dallas. Right now, I think they're both in the same boat of having way too much talent to be underachieving, and you can throw Indy in there, as well.

Buffalo is a legit playoff team, but I don't view them or Tennessee as Super Bowl contenders. Right now, the only two SB contenders I see are Pittsburgh and the Giants.

4. huevonkiller

Student.
    Yeah I have to agree with you about the Titans/Bills. I just don't think they have enough to get it done on offense, and the Bills have a pretty soft schedule up ahead too so I'm sure they'll get even more hype.

5. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

I would also venture to say that the Panthers are a legit Super Bowl team. They handled the Saints easily today and they've looked damn good all season. As long as Delhomme stays healthy, I see no reason why they can't return to the Super Bowl.

6. Vintage

Vintage Defeating Communism...

He's not. He's actually one of the better centers in the league. Sans the last two weeks. He's looked like one of the worse centers in the league the past two weeks. I'll give you that. But if you watched him play last year, he was damn good.

And you can't underestimate the ineptness of Cory Proctor at LG. Its causing the entire OL to crumble because he sucks so bad. I want to see Kosier in there when he gets back before I throw the entire OL under the bus (although, I more or less have already done that). Kosier isn't great by any means, but he is very solid. Proctor looks like a turnstyle. I don't understand how they don't at least try someone else there.

7. Vintage

Vintage Defeating Communism...

And Chutney, you are right. We are going to have to win shootouts. And that's not going to happen with Brad Johnson. My guess is Romo plays next week.

This game just underscored how important Romo is to the team. I think some outside of Dallas understood that. But now, everyone should. With all the weapons we have... its meaningless without Romo there to direct the offense. He just makes it happen. Every game thus far, we've basically asked him to win the game for us. We pass. A lot. We put a lot of pressure on him (he knows he has to lead scoring drives, or we lose, with the way the defense has played). And he delivers. And yet, people is want to nitpick at some of his mistakes. The only mistakes he needs to improve upon is the fumbling. Yes, he has great weapons. But its not like we are putting him in the best chance to succeed, week in, week out. Good luck trying to get a QB to generate 30 points every week to win. That's just not very realistic, unless you are talking about a once in a decade type of performance a la Tom Brady last year.

Good news is.... in the next couple of weeks, Felix Jones, Terence Newman, Tony Romo, Anthony Spencer, Kyle Kosier (I think), Kevin Burnett, will return. That will go a long ways, I think, in helping us out.

And Spencer needs to start. He's better than Ellis right now. Yet, Ellis is still starting (he was before Spencer was hurt).

8. BasX

BasX I Win

Dans la ville avec cette chute d'eau énorme
    You guys are going to hate the Steelers the next few weeks. All prime match-ups (NYG @ 4, WAS (MON) @ 830, IND @ 4, SD @ 4, CIN (THURS) @ 8, NE @ 4, Dal @ 4, BAL @ 1, TEN @ 1)
    Week 10-15 Is Flex Week So... But Still. Get Ready.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  9. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

Denver's getting killed

lawlz

10. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

The Patriots are back!!!!!

But yeah it sucks that Brady is out, we would have had another 16-0 season and probably win the whole damn thing this time around. :(

11. JE

JE Suspended

in between jobs right now
    They are not back...

12. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

Yeah you're right. :sigh:

13. huevonkiller

Student.
    Moss got two TDs at least, two more and he ties Cris Carter.

Props to Mamba too, at least this keeps his division close.

14. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

You're right. They never left.

15. JE

JE Suspended

in between jobs right now
    Except for Tom Brady and his now-gimpy knee...