NHL draft thread

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Haha, who the F did the Devils take?

2. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Devils fucking up the draft with their stupidity as always.

3. kreidertime

Stunned that Zary lasted. I was wrong about that. I can't believe some of the players picked ahead of him. Teams falling in love with Euro trash.

4. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Zary still there. Trade d’Angelo for the pick

5. mrmel29

Lot of centers there left for rangers to traded for. Unless of course they have a trade done for an established center already

6. kreidertime

JD said the team was going to get bigger and tougher. He's already following through on that.

7. theProdigy223

theProdigy223 Well-Known Member

I dont know much about Schneider, but I do know that we got Lafreniere, and seeing us trade UP a few spots after Larry posted on twitter that we were likely to trade BACK from 22 put the cherry on top of a great night.

8. Ranger71

Schneider seems like a better version of what Sauer was becoming. Maybe a little more offensive.

9. kreidertime

Larry needs to retire. Senile bastard has been clueless for years. Rangers thought Devils wanted Schneider. Don't know about that. All I know was I thought the Rangers were going to have to trade up to 15 or less to get Schneider. Exactly the type of D man this team needs for a long time. JD's footprints are on this team already. No euro trash being taken early. Now get rid of that sulking shithead Buchnevich for a decent return.

10. kreidertime

Said many times. If Sauer didn't get those concussions, Rangers win at least 2 cups. He was better than Staal or Girardi. He had everything but offense and his puck skills were solid.

11. kreidertime

I wonder if the Rangers will be active today. I never though Buchnevich was going to bring back a first. Or Strome for that matter. TDA I do expect to bring back a first. However, they might try to sign him to a 4 year deal at a good number, then deal him next season. A good contract and another good season will send his value through the roof.

Don't blame Hank for going to the Craps. He has kids. I'm sure he doesn't want to go far from the area. Not sure if he lives in NY part of the year. I would assume so. Personally, with the liberal assholes ruining city after city by not supporting the police, I would have gone somewhere like Nashville or to a Canadian team if I was him. The dumb fucks running NY better clean that shit hole up soon. Companies will be moving out. I already have NY scumbags moving in like locust into my area in NJ.

12. Ranger71

Wonder if they move Strome today for a 2nd or 3rd.

13. kreidertime

I think teams know they have to move him because he hasn't been qualified. So their leverage is going to be diminished. I think they would be hard pressed to get more than a 3rd for him. I would gladly do that.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
  14. NYR Fan

NYR Fan Well-Known Member

We'll see what happens today, Friday and Saturday. I expect a LD to be added to pair with Trouba. Depending on Strome, maybe a # 2 C. Maybe a # 3 C who can play D, kill penalties, and win FO's if we keep Strome. Does Buch get dealt? Strome (deadline for a QO is today at 5). I still feel DeAngelo will be here, maybe a 2 or 3 year deal. A lot of balls in the air, and a team that is real close on the ice to complete. We should see the finishing touches for the upcoming season over the next 2 or 3 days.

15. kreidertime

Doesn't look like the Rangers are willing to get in the 2nd round today. I think they try sign DeAngelo to a 4 y , 20 M deal. Hope he breaks 70 points next year which he could. Trade him for a shit load next year and bring Lundkvist over. As far as Strome goes, I see him going for some picks next year. There aren't a lot of spots open on this team for the next few years. So with 2 first rounders this year, looks like they are happy with the farm getting deeper.

16. Ranger71

Wow we traded Lias for a 2nd from LA. Not surprising as i didn't think they'd keep him in the organization. They took LW William Cuylle from Windsor, 6'3 who was ranked around 55 overall.

17. Ranger71

Physical player who models himself as a Tom Wilson/Tkachuk type. Nice job by Gorton getting a 2nd for damaged goods.

NYR Fan and mrmel29 like this.
  18. kreidertime

So we traded the seventh overall pick for a long shot project I don’t see that as a good job

19. kreidertime

Let that be a lesson to the Rangers brass cannot let your dumb fuck coach reward players who have a shitty preseason with more ice time than players that have a good preseason

20. mrmel29

Just shows what rangers thought of anderrson. Horrendous pick by Gordon Clark!!