Nice knowing you Skjei

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Feb 24, 2020.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Not nearly as terrible as our dumbass fan base made you. Yet, Kreider is much more valuable to us than you are. Gorton will deal with Hank, Staal and Smith in the off-season. I hope they call up Rykov. Though he might be hurt. Didn't play the last few games.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  2. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

And maybe a 2nd lottery pick if carolina doesn't make it. Our chances took a big hit with igor breaking a rib

3. kreidertime

Yeah but Georgiev is quite good. So, maybe playing every day he gets red hot and we can go 7-3 over the next 10.

4. RangersFan

RangersFan Well-Known Member

I like the Skjei trade. Good move by Gorton I think. Need a # 2 C and for the kids on D to grow up and get some experience, and away we go next season.

5. kreidertime

Skjei was a good kid. He always played hard. Too much asked of him. He's really a 4 to 6 d-man type. In that role he's solid. No complaints with him. He always gave a strong effort. Carolina is quite delusional. The reason they don't win isn't defenseman, Their goal tending sucks ass.

6. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

He had his moments but it was definitely all downhill after his first year. Maybe he will find his game again in Carolina. I will say though, in the last game against SJ he had an end-to-end rush that while didn't result in a goal showed his ability and why we were all excited for what his potential was back at the start of his career.

7. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

He's a good puck mover with a solid shot but took alot of needless penalties and seemed to screen our own goalies quite a bit. I think the current injuries they have on D spooked them into making the Vantanen/Skjei moves.

8. RangersFan

Ideally Skjei is a 2nd pair dman, and a good one I think. He was asked to be a 1st pair dman here, and got a deal that paid him as such considering we extended him longer term. If he plays on the 2nd pair he'll be very solid for the Canes, and his cost certainty will have value for them as well.

9. RangersFan

As I look at our D now I think Lindgren/Fox is a great 2nd pair. TDA is a great 3rd pair dman. We have plenty of options to pair with TDA at LD on the 3rd pair, Hajek is a good option. If one of these kids can develop into a partner for Trouba over the next 2 years, Miller has that potential, we are stacked on D.

10. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

As young as they are Lindgren and Fox though on the small side will be the Rangers top D-line if they aren't already.