Niners vs Raiders Preaseason game...

Discussion in 'Warriors Lounge' started by Warriorfansnc93, Aug 13, 2005.

1. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

It was a great game. Started off pretty slow and sloppy but picked up in the 2nd half. Niners won.

1. Alex Smith sucked
    2. Moss caught the only pass thrown to him
    3. Raiders rookie QB looked awsome, kind of like a skinnier Big Ben Rothlesburger

2. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Who is QBing the Raiders now?

Even though the QB is like the most important franchise position like the point guard in the NBA, I wish the niners would have gotten Braylon Edwards instead.

3. Warriorfansnc93

Yeah, I hear ya. I agree just because Rattay looked OK last year and pretty darn good last night, but we have NO recievers. They all suck. If we drafted a WR we could have given Rattay another weapon and could have possibly drafted the QB from USC...

4. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

I wanted the 49ers to draft the Cadillac and trading down to get him. Drafting A. Smith was a waste because the 49ers O-line is terrible, they have no running game, and the WRs are not good enough to make big plays after the catch.

I agree Braylon Edwards would have been a better pick as well.

The 49ers defense looked decent in this game, especially when the Raiders were in the red zone. The special teams needs a lot of work still. It seemed like the Raiders started off with great field position every possession.

I think the Raiders' QB was Walter?

5. Warriorfansnc93

I am sure if the Niners had a decent offer they would have taken it. The fact is the draft was pretty weak up top. There was no clear #1 overall choice in fact you were better off picking in the top 5 rather than top 1-3. Anyways I have faith in Smith. He wont end up like a Ryan Leaf I hope. It is just so hard to project QBs. He has all the tools and he is very smart. It is very hard to execute when your line is not blocking and you have no running game or wideouts who make plays. Rattay at least had the benefit of playing against the 2nd string defense...

6. Custodianrules2

The Niners franchise is just so bad now because of the ownership (The Yorks), I hardly pay attention to it. But I probably will get back into it later when they become less incompetent. It took Eddie D to build up a dynasty and his sister and her husband to knock it all down. [​IMG]

At least Raider nation has Al Davis. He's an awesome owner compared to all the other bay area sports franchises.

7. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

I was glad to see the Raiders dominate the first half, as that was when all of the starters were in. Even though they couldn't get the ball in the end zone, they moved the ball pretty easily and only gave up one first down in the first half.

Enough with this preseason crap, I want the Patriots!haha

8. Warriorfansnc93

[quote name='custodianrules2']The Niners franchise is just so bad now because of the ownership (The Yorks), I hardly pay attention to it. But I probably will get back into it later when they become less incompetent.

9. Custodianrules2

[quote name='Warriorfansnc93'][quote name='custodianrules2']The Niners franchise is just so bad now because of the ownership (The Yorks), I hardly pay attention to it. But I probably will get back into it later when they become less incompetent. <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">

I'm disappointed in you CR2, sounds like a bandwagoneer to me; and Warriors fans are obviously not bandwagoneers! [​IMG]</div>
    Nah, I'm just in niners exile right now. There is no way I suffer watching the niners this year. But riddle me this: how on earth does Alex Smith get paid more than some of these pro-bowlers? WTF?