No Extensions gives Warriors Flexibility

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Hunter, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Hunter

Hunter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'></p>
    <div class="bi">Mullin Likes Options</div>
    <div>

<span style="font-style: italic">Nov 2</span> - After Wednesday's deadline passed without extended deals for centers Andris Biedrins and Patrick O'Bryant, the underlying theme of the Warriors' season became even clearer.</p>

</p>

Just about everyone on Golden State's roster -- including tonight's starting lineup -- is playing for a new contract this season, and how they perform individually and collectively will determine where the suddenly money-conscious Warriors go from here.</p>

</p>

"It could be flexibility or options, or like you said, a risk," Warriors vice president Chris Mullin said of the instability Thursday. "Depends on how your outlook is. ... "I feel great. To me it's options, things to look forward to, because a lot of guys we have, we feel really good about." -- <font color="#000000">San Francisco Chronicle</font></p>

</p>
    [*]Biedrins, who said he was "not surprised" by the way things turned out after the two sides had come to the table more than $10 million apart, has given some thought to the notion of a totally remade roster but thinks that's not in the offing.

</p>

"I think the Warriors will try to maintain this team, because we have a really good team right now," Biedrins said. "We are onto something, with what we did last year. We'll see how it goes. You never know. But I hope the main guys will stay." -- <font color="#000000">Contra Costa Times</font></p></div>
    </div>