No one will say it but the real man to blame last night was Brandon Roy.

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by KingSpeed, Oct 29, 2008.

1. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    If they came unprepared to be competitive, as the Blazers did last night, then of course it was his fault.

That is his job.

2. DaRizzle

DaRizzle BLAKER

I will agree that threads like this are ridiculous for ONE GAME...If it is a player who starts playing like crap for a period of time then go for it.

As for the topic, Ariza was playing Roy on the defensive side a lot. He is a very quality defender and the 2nd best (by a significant margin) on the Lakers minus Kobe. (who also guarded him)

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  3. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

So it was Sloans fault last March when The Jazz got blown out the same way? How many road games does the average team win? Their is a reason the answer is not many. Especially against an elite team.

4. BrianFromWA

BrianFromWA Editor in Chief Staff Member Editor in Chief

Sorry, King, but I think you're way off there. The last good game Travis played with these guys was March. He didn't practice with the first team this preseason. Let's just say I don't feel good about his ability to retain information over the summer (much like staying in shape).

You don't work a guy into the offensive sets for the entire preseason and then just dump him into the rotation?

FOR THE 35th TIME...Travis played about as good as Travis can play last night. It wasn't close to being enough. If you think the offense wasn't disrupted b/c he was in there, well, I don't know what to say. Enjoy Friday's game.

5. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    Hey this is just my opinion, but....I think the game at this level is played "BETWEEN THE EARS" to a tremendous degree. This includes emotions. I just think that with a young team you have to be consistent. Nate wasn't consistent. We probably still would have lost, but I think we would have played better had Batum started.

6. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

Thank you. Wasn't it obvious that the only two players (outside of Roy, who just didn't play well) who can create their own shots were the players who scored at a decent efficiency (Rudy/Outlaw). It's like some posters here think that the NBA should be filled with players getting uncontested shots on a consistent basis. That does not happen against good teams, and the Lakers look like they could be a GREAT team this season.

7. oldmangrouch

oldmangrouch persona non grata

I had a similar thought. The "team first" guys got bogged down watching Penknife play, instead of taking the lead themselves. Travis and Rudy? Two guys who think they can get a jumper off when locked in a phone booth with Duncan! Sometimes, that no nerves/no conscience mindset is an asset. :bgrin: