No wonder Rashard has gone...

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by Sir Desmond, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Length and worth of Lewis' deal and Howard's extension are still somewhat up in the air because of sign-and-trade implications and uncertainty over how high the salary cap will be set.

The bottom line: Lewis' deal will be worth between $87.9 million and possibly as much as a staggering $117.2 million. The deal was originally thought to be worth $75 million, but that's actually way too low, I've since learned through a very reliable source.

If the salary cap rises north of $56 million, as expected, Lewis will be a rich, rich man. If he gets the MAX out of the Magic, he can get 30 percent of the cap based on his experience level (nine years). His deal could start at $17.04 million next season. Stretched over five years with 8 percent raises, the deal would be worth $99.9 million.

If he gets a $15 million starting salary, the deal would be worth $87.9 million over five years.

A sign-and-trade would push the deal to six years, 10.5 percent annual raises and be worth a jaw-dropping $117.2 million. Under those paremeters, the final season would net Lewis $24.7 million.</div>

Source: John Denton-Florida Today

To put that into perspective, Garnett will be the league's highest paid player this season at $22 million.

2. Casual

Casual JBB First Team

I don't believe it. Nobody's that stupid. Not Isaiah Thomas, not Kevin McHale, not Billy King. Nobody.

3. dotmotion

dotmotion JBB JustBBall Member

damn
    overpaid...

4. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

I'm still holding out hope that it's still a 5 year 75 mil a year deal. We'll find out in 2 days.

5. og15

og15 JBB *********

I have a lot of doubt that the Magic would do that, unless something weird is going on.

6. monty001

monty001 Sonics belong in Seattle

That's a whole lotta money. Pretty much explains it.