Nurkic is the new Crabbe/Leonard

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Portland2014, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Almir

Almir Well-Known Member

Newest article on our main sports we pages - report from Pacers match and statement by Nurkic after the game where he said following (shortly):

He wants to continue where he started, he is one year there and want play off again.

(On Olatip incident) he said it is good to be bad sometimes (smile) but it is only during the match nothing else.

Also he stressed that they know what is not good in their game and they will try hard to fix it and make the City to be proud.

Last sentence is that he does'nt care what anybody say for Lillard - he is for Nurk superstar in the team.

So i do not know is this statement for your media or ours sorry if double.

Strenuus, BBert, riverman and 2 others like this.
  2. SIeepwalker

SIeepwalker The lone sane poster

Welcome to the board !

Also I don't think anyone agrees with this "Bosnian are lazy" shit. The post has 0 likes too

SlyPokerDog and Almir like this.
  3. Almir

Almir Well-Known Member

This is how i see Nurk recently.

Defense - overall very good and team is overally better in this department with him on the court. Must be more carefull for fouls but have feeling that he is not well respected by some refferes comparing to oponents mostly star players. But i assume that is normal.

Offense - has to improve various issues -shot from distance, pick and roll play with all other players except Lillard....do not know why he is very good when plays with Lillard but not that good with others ( sometimes)...must be more hungry for offensive rebounds simply because he can manage them when he is hungry for that.

Be more consistent as well. He is young so i have hope that he will be really good player and that best of him will be in your shirt. He said last year that he found his second home it seems that he really love this team especcially good conection with Lillard and he love the City.

Note i wasn't able to watch all of your matches but only read reports so this based on what i have seen. From this point of wiew overally i think he is worth to be in the team and wait for his improvement.

4. Almir

Almir Well-Known Member

Thank you!

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  5. Labinot41

Labinot41 Well-Known Member

Read again, i said i dont know about that because for me every human is different, that was the oppinion of that guy in the forum i talked with and he is half bosnian, and he said he knows a lot of bosnian people who are Lazy and doesn't like to work, and that's a Balkan mentality. I Never said that is my oppinion

BBert likes this.
  6. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    Welcome to the forum! I don't think anyone here thinks Bosnians are lazy except that one guy. Nurk worked his ass off this past summer and you can tell by the way he changed his body. I love the guy, I just think he might be a little immature still. He's going to be very good.

dviss1 and Almir like this.
  7. Almir

Almir Well-Known Member

That was no sense to even write it anywhere. Fair from you to say that you do not share that opinion. I can only imagine as you said he is half bosnian and half german? Ok we are not rich and stable country nor most of our people are same as per example germans. Your guy probably does not like his Bosnian part and want to be bigger german then real German. I do not know english word for those kind of people but nevermind, i do not want to write about this anymore.

Just advice for that man - do not shame of your dna, your motherhood and your nation. Bigger shame is when you want to be someone else. When you are what you are, and if you are a good man it will be respected no matter are you German Bosnian or anybody else. We do not have same destiny and luck in the life, and we can't choose where to born, but we can choose our character and personality.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    GDiama, Strenuus, BBert and 3 others like this.
  8. Almir

Almir Well-Known Member

Thank you! I will follow the prospect of him and your team together with you for sure. Hope will be more positive than negative. Let's see it.

dviss1 likes this.
  9. Labinot41

You don't have to tell me this. I know that i could also live in a slump in Africa, Asia or whoever and im Lucky to live in a Rich country. Im a Humble guy. But back to Nurkic, Why isn't he playing with the same effort each Game? Why he has to get benched against the phoenix fucking suns to Remind him not to play Lazy? This is his fucking Contract Year! What do you think his effort will be after he get's his payday this Summer? There is a reason Why Nuggets fans told me on RealGM After that trade that they are Happy to get rid of him because of his laziness and no effort during the games. I don't want to Sound like a hater because i like Nurkic, but i dont Think that he has a Future in Portland, imo he is a Average Center and portland has a lot of Average Players, they don't Need more. Probably that's the reason Why Collins got so many playing Time in his 1st year

10. riverman

riverman Writing Team

First...nobody does ...second...his defense is stellar....3rd...best time to rest a starter is against a bottom feeding team..CJ had a few really bad games...he gets a free pass though. Denver has had a cancerous locker room for a long time.

dviss1 likes this.
  11. Almir

Almir Well-Known Member

Well i am not competent to answer on all your questions. I respect your opinion. You can see my my post above where i said few same things about him and what he need to improve. If you ask how he played before nba i can tell you a lot but it is not same level. He still has to become or not big player. He took nba chalenge as very young and came from a bit another, lower level. In Denver he did not have a chemistry needed for this, and it was between Jokic (who is very good player) and him in that sistem. Have you seen how Nurk played first two mutual matches against Nuggets? Maybe you will be right and maybe he will not be nothing more than average center. Maybe wrong and he will develop into very valued player lets say like that. My point is that he is worth to have a litle bit more time to show it. Not too long ok.

dviss1 likes this.
  12. jlprk

jlprk The ESPN mod is insane.

retired, while you work!
    No need. He could still waddle out of his crib to heat his bottle in the microwave.

13. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Your German guy, is a fucking racist.

Minstrel likes this.
  14. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Vonleh's cap hold is over 10MM? He's gotta go...

15. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Welcome to the forum!

Almir likes this.
  16. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Why post the idiotic opinion of some racist though? Who gives a fuck about his idiotic beliefs about Bosnians?

#Youcan'tlose30lbswithoutWORK

Almir likes this.
  17. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

This CERTAINLY MUST be because of his Bosnian heritage.

I'm starting to think you don't really have a "German friend"...

Almir likes this.
  18. Labinot41

Nope, learn Read ;-)

19. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

If you could read you'd recognize I was talking about the German guy, and you'd use the word "to" so your sentences can be formulated properly.

Why don't you think all Bosnians are lazy?

Because that would be racist right? Riiiiight....

Almir likes this.
  20. Labinot41

Because this guy knows the mentality of bosnian people, he knows that many people from ex-yugoslavia, not all but many, doesn't like hard work. Again i dont share that oppinion, but a lot of West eurpeans have not the best oppinion about immigrants from Eastern europe, same like Americans about mecicans. But fact is, Nurkic has been a Lazy Dude in Denver and he's also Lazy in Portland, Why the fuck do you think Stotts has benched him? I don't know if that's because of his "bosnian mentality", but it could be reason for his sloppy playing this year