Nurkic throws fans phone

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by twobullz, Mar 20, 2022.

1. Mr. Robot

Mr. Robot Well-Known Member

nurk clearly heard him, otherwise he wouldnt go there to confront him

its fucking nurk, he can be irritating, even to a person who likes him like me, so does anyone really believe he doesnt get trash talked often all around the league, but he never reacted like this before

and im pretty sure he likes to engage in trah talk with fans, just like he does with the players

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  2. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

Yeah a ticking time bomb that has been so volatile that it's gone off like twice in the history of the game. Find me an example of it going really bad besides Vernon Maxwell in 1995 and the Malice at the Palace. I'm pretty sure what Nurk did is the third most aggressive thing that's ever happened from a player to a fan. Fans have thrown things at players but that has been more dangerous in baseball and football who have huge barriers between the fans and players. Your take on this one lacks anything in the way of evidence to support your level of concern.

3. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RipCity

Wade has more real world experience on that front than just about anyone here.

Fairly-Hard, BBert and THE HCP like this.
  4. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

5. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

6. Wade Garrett

Wade Garrett Exactly right.

I
    I am trying to stay civil with you, but you are beginning to anger me...
    A "ticking time bomb" refers to a situation which has not happened yet, other than the two examples you gave.
    So forgive me for a lack of "evidence".
    Evidently, you are ok with the Westbrook, Booker, Nurkic, Anthony, James issues that have happened this season.
    Good for you.

7. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

You know the old saying about how some people just have a punchable face..........exhibit A and B

GoBlazersGo likes this.
  8. blazerkor

I don't know if he's been in law enforcement or not but he's going to have to give a little more evidence to his posts of impending doom despite the hundred plus thousand games played in the history of the league with really only one serious incident and never any serious injury or death. Statistically the players have been a much greater danger to each other than the players are to the fans or vice versa.

I mean I guess if you buy into the idea that society is devolving because a statistically insignificant number of people have committed crimes in planes and airports due to a media driven conflict between FAA laws and idiots who think putting a piece of cloth over there face is somehow limiting a right to flying that is not even close to being promised to them... then I guess anything that hasn't been a danger before now is. I tend to think the atmosphere at games has always been pretty damn hostile without any history that would cause concern and I don't think that atmosphere is shifting towards something more volatile.

SlyPokerCat likes this.
  9. blazerkor

Going back and forth with fans, even the fans that are on the court after games has been happening as far as I know throughout the history of the game... that's at every level of the game where proximity is just about the same as it is in the NBA. Still we've seen no reason to think that a serious incident is impending. Sorry you're getting angry because you have a suspicion that I find to be far more based in paranoia than in any kind of reality.

10. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Stalking Jusuf the whole game, trying to find him. Dude needs to be banned from the arena.

BBert, Cugel and blazerkor like this.
  11. Wade Garrett

Sports is, and always has been a microcosm of society.
    To not believe this, is simply, foolish.
    I get the feeling you & I are on the same side of the political aisle, which is one reason your dedicated opposition to my "fears" puzzles me.

12. blazerkor

Yeah, I think the league should just publicly come out and ban the guy from all games and issue a statement that this kind of harassment of players will not be accepted. Rodman would get worse than this when visiting Utah back in his day and the NBA and Jazz finally stepped in and did something about it. I think other fans have been made an example of in the past as well. The fact is that just like Rodman and pretty much everyone else outside of Vernon Maxwell, Ron Artest and Nurk... the reaction to this should be to point the offending fan out to security and tell the league to handle it. The fan should be penalized but make no mistake about it, Nurk is the anomaly in this situation not the fan.

13. blazerkor

There's a great chance that I'm just not seeing something evolving in a way that it is. It wouldn't be the first time and it certainly won't be the last. So I'll leave it at that and respect your opinion on the matter.

14. Phatguysrule

Phatguysrule Well-Known Member

Yep, that's what I figured. $10k less than I thought, actually...

15. Wade Garrett

OR....Maybe I am overreacting in a paranoia manner..
    Time will tell.
    Handshake.

GoBlazersGo, Hoopguru and blazerkor like this.
  16. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

Why are there LaCrosse tweets in this thread? What did I miss FAMS!?

17. Eastoff

Eastoff But it was a beginning.

The troll who lost his phone is s lacrosse coach

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  18. SlyPokerCat

SlyPokerCat cats rool dogs drool

What Nurk did is really stupid. Dude gets paid millions of dollars to play basketball. Messing with fans could have ended up costing him millions of dollars if he would have gotten suspended. I get being emotional if someone starts talking shit about a family member, but that shit happens way more often than you think. Call the fan names. Tell him to shut the fuck up. Ignore him and walk away.

The absolute worst thing dude could do was get physical in anyway, including grabbing the dudes phone and chucking it.

Nurk has more to lose than that fan. When you get successful you don't let people that have less to lose cause you to fuck up.

Nowadays if Nurk did something like punch that fan he might have gotten kicked out of the league.

Nurk is a big man. A cop is going to look at him beating up someone half his size and say he should have known better. Just the way things are.

If the kid threw the first punch and nurk started beating his ass, nurk would still get in trouble because of how much bigger he is than dude and how much damage he could do to him.

blazerkor likes this.
  19. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    I agree. I don't have a problem with Nurk tossing that punk's phone. He was clearly trying to trigger and post. But walking all the way across the court to do it was a stupid mistake.

20. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member