Odom: "I was a bum. It's the truth."

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Lakers' started by Shapecity, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'></p>

MILWAUKEE -- As has been the case before, the Lakers are waiting on Lamar Odom &hellip; and Odom knows it.</p>

The Lakers hoped Odom would have become an All-Star by now after making him the centerpiece to the Shaquille O'Neal trade in 2004. On Wednesday night, after a deep bench supporting Kobe Bryant had lifted the Lakers to a 7-3 start, they could have used something from Odom when everyone else and the team defense was a little off.</p>

Instead, the Lakers lost to the Milwaukee Bucks, 110-103, ending a four-game winning streak. And Odom was left standing in the locker room in his underwear afterward, muttering: <font size="5">"I was a bum. It's the truth."</font></p>

Standing nearby, teammate Jordan Farmar tried to lift Odom's spirits, saying: "We're supposed to pick you up."</p>

But Odom the Grouch called himself "trash" and lamented how he has had three consecutive "off-nights" since his 25-point game against Detroit (totaling 17 points and eight turnovers in those three games). Against Milwaukee, Odom shot 3 for 11 from the field (eight points) and had four turnovers.</p>

With 3:36 left and 1:56 left, Odom missed open 3-pointers after Milwaukee's defense flooded Bryant, prompting him to pass to Odom. After offseason shoulder surgery cost him all his preseason preparation, Odom is 1 for 12 on 3-pointers.</p>

"I'm going to say it was one of the worst games I've played," said Odom, who added that it'll be "hard to sleep."</p>

Bryant (27 points on 7-of-18 shooting) was cold down the stretch with five consecutive misses at one point. Coach Phil Jackson talked before the game about how Bryant recalls the 45 points Bucks guard Michael Redd scored against Bryant and the Lakers early last season.</p>

Bryant locked Redd up early Wednesday night, but Redd persevered to get 26 points, eight rebounds and seven assists.</p>

"Redd got Kobe a little distracted," Jackson said. "He didn't play as much of a team game as I'd like to see him play."</div></p>

Source: OC Register</p>

Every year is the same crap from Odom. It's time to end the experiment with him and bring in someone who is committed to winning a title. Odom is making too, much money to play with this type of attitude.</p>

</p>

2. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

Re: Odom:

How the hell can you say for yourself that you were a bum?</p>

Odom is the first and hopefully last one that does it.</p>

3. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

I wonder if Atlanta would want him in a deal involving Josh Smith? He's on the outs in Atlanta, but he's putting up great numbers. Atlanta is a young team and Odom could bring them a veteran leader, like he did to Miami.</p>

4. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

That would be great for the Lakers to be able to get Smith.</p>

5. Mamba

Fisher, Kobe, Smith, Turiaf, Bynum? I'd take it.</p>

If not Smith, what about Odom and a pick for Artest and Abdur-Rahim?</p>

6. Mamba

There are some other options, like Antawn Jamison's expiring contract...Odom and Sasha for Antawn Jamison?</p>

7. Shapecity

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mamba)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

I wonder if Atlanta would want him in a deal involving Josh Smith? He's on the outs in Atlanta, but he's putting up great numbers. Atlanta is a young team and Odom could bring them a veteran leader, like he did to Miami.</p>

</div></p>

Odom is holding this team back, at this point letting him go is addition by subtraction. The Lakers played just fine without him earlier in the season when he was injured. Luke Walton can do the things he does making half the money. Bynum and Turiaf easily make up his rebounding numbers.</p>

The problem is Odom doesn't have a true position to function in the Triangle and doesn't know how to play to his strengths. He's too, frail to play powerforward and he doesn't have the mid-range game and off the ball movement to play small forward.</p>

I think Odom would be outstanding on a team like Golden State or Phoenix where he can just get out and run the floor, but those teams will never have post season success because they try to win from the outside-in.</p>

I'm hoping Trevor Ariza can show some results immediately and evolve into the player Odom is supposed to be. Ariza is an accomplished perimeter defender and very athletic. Once he polishes his mid-range game he'll be awesome for us.</p>

</p>

8. Jumpman

Jumpman And Your Nominees Are...

Do you guy think the Suns would still do the Marion for Odom deal? At least Marion is consistant.</p>

And I think it would take more than just Odom to get Smith.</p>

9. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

It's been 3 seasons now, and Odom is still the same player. He is not needed on this roster, and I finally hope our front office will figure that out and start shopping him. I'd deal him for pretty much anyone right now because I'm just sick and tired of him. And like shape said, he brings nothing to the table. We are basically the same team with him on this roster than we are without. I'd trade him for Jamison in a heartbeat</p>

10. kobe23

kobe23 JBB JustBBall Member

College Undergrad

LOL... Hey Lamar, here's a tip... stop attempting 3's... dont even think about shooting one... it'll help your game, i promise</p>

11. kobe23

College Undergrad

Odom, Ariza and Crit for Bibby and Artest? LOL</p>

Odom for JO</p>

Odom + 1st rd picks for Josh Smith!!!</p>

12. kobe23

College Undergrad

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jumpman)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

Do you guy think the Suns would still do the Marion for Odom deal? At least Marion is consistant.</p>

</div></p>

Marion wont be AS good as he is now in PHX... he gets his looks bec of Nash, but the lakers dont have that good a passer plus marion cant create his own looks</p>

</p>

13. Shapecity

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kobe23)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jumpman)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

</div></p>

Marion wont be AS good as he is now in PHX... he gets his looks bec of Nash, but the lakers dont have that good a passer plus marion cant create his own looks</p>

</p>

</div></p>

Marion was putting up big numbers before Nash got there. Marion is the epitomy of consistency, which is exactly what you want from your starters. You can pretty much pencil in Marion for 17/10 every night he gives you solid defense.</p>

If Odom could give us 17/10 every night and play defense we'd have 10 wins on the season already.</p>

</p>

14. bronbron23

bronbron23 JBB JustBBall Member

I think also it's about time Odom was traded...unless he can make the all star team</p>

15. Legacy

Legacy Beast

It's crazy that he is basically all you guys got for Shaq. Butler left, and I'm not sure what's going on with the others.</p>

16. Jumpman

Jumpman And Your Nominees Are...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Legacy)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

It's crazy that he is basically all you guys got for Shaq. Butler left, and I'm not sure what's going on with the others.</p>

</div></p>

We pretty much got him for Odom and Kwame Brown.</p>

During the summer I was agaisnt the Odom for Marion offer. I'd do that in a heartbeat now.</p>

</p>