OT Off Duty Cop Shoots, Kills Man At Costco

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Chris Craig, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

So the cop was off duty. Was he still wearing his uniform? Was the gun he fired his police issue firearm? Is that a no no?

2. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Sounds like the officer misinterpreted things. Being there with his son he way overreacted to what ever interaction took place between him and the autistic dude. Instead of using his training, if he was trained correctly, to desculate things. He pulled out his gun and fired.

He was holding his son. Sounds like he was maybe scared his son was in danger and jumped straight to shooting. He became irrational. Not defending the cop here, trying to figure out how it went down.

But, why shoot the parents? What did they do? Did they try and run to their son who was shot. The officer thought they were coming at him. Sounds like it all happened quickly. Maybe he just shot and waited to ask questions later. Not good policing.

3. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

To me, for the officer to start shooting at the man, I am assuming the man became violent and attacked the officer or his child. The official police version is that the officer fired back since he was attacked in an unprovoked manner.

I think the parents were just hit due to the stray bullets flying.

Jade Falcon likes this.
  4. EL PRESIDENTE

There are some articles stating it was an uprovoked attack, and another stating it was an altercation.

https://ktla.com/2019/06/17/unprovo...el-aryTq0PIDq5XX5li8KZEYbLmITfLe-z_yiZhlT7V7I

5. Chris Craig

Maybe. Sounds like that Dad is going to live. It will be interesting to hear his side.

Lanny likes this.
  6. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    They should have been more careful in controlling him.
    My brother had schizophrenia and my mother who lived with him had her own mental problems. She took my brother to the local Costco in Warrenton where my brother got caught trying to steal something. She couldn't control him because of her inabilities. She even rode one of those electric wheel chairs because she had trouble walking any distance. Even if you're totally normal it's impossible to control someone like my brother while in such a vehicle. He was barred from ever entering Costco again. Mental illness is a bitch.
    Anyhow, how can we, over a thousand miles away, tell exactly what happened and why?

Jade Falcon likes this.
  7. Lanny

The parents were allegedly collateral damage.

Jade Falcon likes this.
  8. Chris Craig

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnew...tes-officers-actions-costco-shooting-63755148

The officer's lawyer says he was feeding his 1 and a half year old some samples of teriyaki chicken when he was hit from behind. He apparently fell to the floor momentarily unconscious. His son also fell to the floor. When he came to he thought his life and his sons was in danger. He took out his gun and started shooting, killing the autistic dude and critically injuring his parents.

9. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

I guess if he'd just passed out in Costco, he'd have also woken up and started shooting people.

barfo

Chris Craig likes this.
  10. EL PRESIDENTE

11. Lanny

Been there, done that.