Off The San Diego Bandwagon

Discussion in 'NFL General' started by Illmatic2121, Jan 14, 2007.

1. bakes781

bakes781 nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vikingfan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Actually, the Pats were my 2nd favorite team from the AFC this year. When it comes to teams outside of the Vikings, I really don't like or hate any team. My impression is based entirely on how NE players reacted after the game was already won. As I said in my previous post, winning the game should have been statement enough. There's no reason that players should mock each other like the Pats did.</div>
    has any1 even seen a video of this supposed act?

2. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bakes781)</div><div class='quotemain'>If a player is going to take time out of his practice to come up with a stupid dance that he uses after the most minimal of plays then he deserves to be mocked. And again we save our dances for something a little more meaningful than a late hit on the QB. It's called a W.</div>
    How sportsman like. :/

3. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pats_Fan420)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>Thinking about this even more I can see where the Patriots would want to maybe make a statement at Merriman. He did an interview at halftime of Jets vs. Patriots in the wild card and he said the Jets would come back and beat New England. So while the Patriots might've acted a tad out of line, Merriman might want to think before he speaks from now on.</div>
    Thank you. And to Vikingfan about the Pats being classless, they're not and you know it. maybe they went a little overboard IF they stomped on the Chargers logo but doing the "lights out" dance and pointing at the scoreboard is perfectly fine. LT is the one who made a public, verbal accusation toward Belichick on national TV. The Chargers players acted cocky, some even made comments, the Chargers organization decided to limit tickets to residents of southern California, and their fans were ruthless when it came to bad mouthing the Pats. Players notice these things so yeah, I would immitate the dance and point at the scoreboard too.

This all boils down to one thing and that is the fact that people are tired of the Patriots winning. They hate success if it isn't their own or that of their team and they are bitter about it. It is called jealousy or envy and it has been around since the beginning of humanity. It is nothing new and I am not surprised that most of you guys are reacting like this. Some Chargers fans even signed on to the Pats board saying that they wished Brady would actually somehow get killed or paralyzed in this upcoming game against the Colts. To that I happily extend my middle finger with a smile on my face.

Here is an idea. If you guys hate the Pats so much, become Broncos fans. They can handle the Pats quite easily.</div>
    It's not the Patriots success that bothers me. It's that the Patriots and their fanbase play by two sets of rules. If someone supposedly disrespects the Patriots, we never hear the end of it. The Patriots do the same thing and you cry that they started it first. The truth is that the Patriots and their fanbase can dish it out, but they can't take it. Bakes has already declared that the Patriots have won the Super Bowl before the Championship Games have even been played. That is pretty disrespectful in my eyes. The Colts, Saints and Bears have had good seasons and deserve to be taken seriously. If a non-Patriot fan declares someone else the winner of the Super Bowl, I'm sure that the Patsie fans will boo hoo that the Patriots get no respect. Speaking of false claims of the Patriots getting no respect, Bakes, you didn't respond after I proved you wrong earlier in this thread. Would you like to admit that you were wrong or just move on to the next baseless accusation? [​IMG]

4. bakes781

You want to argue the merits of New Orleans, Chicago & Indy that's fine. I feel confident my team is going to win. I can site reasons & explanation.

If Pats players were taunting during the game when the cameras were on them I could see your argument. But until I see a video of the act I'm not going to listen to the sour grapes of one player. He should blame his idiot steroid freak for not making any plays in the biggest game of his career.

5. The Return of the Raider

The Return of the Raider Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bakes781)</div><div class='quotemain'>You want to argue the merits of New Orleans, Chicago & Indy that's fine. I feel confident my team is going to win. I can site reasons & explanation.

If Pats players were taunting during the game when the cameras were on them I could see your argument. But until I see a video of the act I'm not going to listen to the sour grapes of one player. He should blame his idiot steroid freak for not making any plays in the biggest game of his career.</div>
    Merriman cheated, using steroids, and still couldn't produce in the biggest game of his career. Sad. Either Lyte is just that good of a tackle or Merriman isn't all that he's cracked up to be. We saw who showed up yesterday.

6. vikingfan

Actually, I think taunting during the game is more acceptable. Taunting and talking trash can be used to get in the oppositions head and hopefully force them into a dumb mistake.

7. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pats_Fan420)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blackadder)</div><div class='quotemain'>Whether the Pats are a dynasty is a thread and argument for another time. Winning the upcoming Super Bowl will give that theory a little more merit.

What the Pats players did was even more classless than what TO did @ Texas stadium when he was a Niner.</div>
    You're dead wrong. TO and the Pats are night and day different.</div>
    Classless taunting is classless taunting. Unless you know something I don't there, Perry Mason.

8. bakes781

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vikingfan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Actually, I think taunting during the game is more acceptable. Taunting and talking trash can be used to get in the oppositions head and hopefully force them into a dumb mistake.</div>
    Aparently that was Martyball's game plan. Dare I call out a coach! [​IMG]

9. vikingfan

I've already said it, but its obviously not getting through - the Chargers had their fair share of acting like a bunch of idiots. They did that during the game and it cost them several times.

Then again, what did LT say after everything was done?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>?I don?t know if it was the excitement of the game, or the hype and talk during the week,? Tomlinson said. ?We didn?t do a good job of controlling our emotions.?

Tomlinson said, in resignation: ?We lost to a better team today.?</div>
    Pay attention now, that's the sign of someone who admitted misplaced emotions and was able to come out with some class. Too bad we can't have the simple recognition that dancing on the Charger's logo, making the choke symbol to the opposing team after the game, and mocking players is simply tactless.

10. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bakes781)</div><div class='quotemain'>You want to argue the merits of New Orleans, Chicago & Indy that's fine. I feel confident my team is going to win. I can site reasons & explanation.

If Pats players were taunting during the game when the cameras were on them I could see your argument. But until I see a video of the act I'm not going to listen to the sour grapes of one player. He should blame his idiot steroid freak for not making any plays in the biggest game of his career.</div>
    Still dodging the point about the baseless accusation? That's okay. I've come to expect them. If your confident that the Patriots have already won the Super Bowl and are ready to declare it, that's great. It's not something I would do, but that's not what I take exception to. What irritates me is, after having read post after post of Patriot fans boasting about how other teams are no competition and the Patriots are a better team even after a loss, is reading post after post of how no one respects the Patriots if people say the same thing about their team. BA is right on when he compares the Patsie and Turd. Turd operates the same way. If he says/does something about/to someone, he acts like it should be no big deal, but if someone "wrongs" him then we're going to hear about it forever.

11. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

Lets face it, Dale. The pats are that damn good. Until we bow down to the king, we will never (& bA means never) hear the end of it.

12. Phinsuck

Phinsuck nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vikingfan)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pats_Fan420)</div><div class='quotemain'>From now on, NOBODY in the NFL except the fans can celebrate or show emotion. EVERYONE else as far as the actual teams are concerned has to act like Belichick does during his press conferences. No emotion whatsoever, no smiling, nothing.</div>
    Nobody said that (I said the exact opposite). There is a huge difference between celebrating and taunting. Philip Rivers said that he had no problem with the Patriots celebrating and that the Chargers would have been celebrating all the same. He did have an issue with the taunting.

I think San Diego showed plenty of classless moments during the game, and I think LT's reaction was out of line (the first time I've ever seen him act immature). But I still think its funny that Pats fans refuse to admit that players on their team acted in a classless way.</div>
    Maybe they did show no class but isn't this football? This isn't a competition between the republicans and democrats, it is hard hitting NFL football. Emotions run high as they should and both teams acted like they shouldn't. Now that I've thought about it more, I wish that the Pats players would have hugged each other or whatever and then shook the hands of the Chargers players and let that be it. The Chargers were bashing the Patriots well before the game and during the game.

[​IMG]

Yeah, TONS of class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHyLlL01tGA

What is this, high school?

I don't blame the Pats a bit for taunting and rubbing it in their faces because I would and have done similar things before. However, I think the ultimate diss would have been them shaking hands and silently walking off the field after the win. But guess what? Then the media and everyone else would say that the Pats don't care anymore and they're too used to winning, blah, blah, blah. As long as the Pats keep winning they will be hated more and more until someone stops them.

To those of you that were alive then, were the Steelers strongly hated during and after they took the Super Bowl 4 out of 6 years? If so, how long did it last?

13. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

I don't remember them being strongly hated. My step-father was a Steelers fan so I got a heavy dose of them, but I really only hated them when the played the Dolphins. I hated the Cowboys and Raiders the most back then. Again, it's not the success that turns people off, it's being a snotty winner.

14. bakes781

Prior to this game I felt we were going to lose, but I knew we had a chance. The Chargers had ample opportunity to turn this thing into a rout. The longer we hung in their the more confident I became that Brady would get it done. The Chargers are the more talented team & IMO the best in the league. That being said neither team played well on Sunday. So for everyone that wants to say SD gave the game away well NE didn't exactly play a perfect game either. Which only fuels my fire for why I feel confident we will go into the RCA Dome & win rather convincingly. Brady unlike Peyton isn't likely to have back to back poor performances. Granted the Ravens D is #1, but NE isn't far behind. #2 in points allowed & the best in the redzone, the Pats will defeat the Colts. I'm not going to discuss this class topic any further. If you wanted to do your research you'd see that the Chargers have been anything but class. You don't call out my team's coach like that & not expect to get a response. Let's move on to Indy.

15. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

Why is Belichick above reproach? He acted like a jerk after the Jets game. What's his problem with Mangini? So Mangini has aspirations to be a head coach. Is that a crime? Mangini did a heck of a job and is acting like the bigger grown up where Belichick is concerned. You would think that Belichick would be proud and happy for him. It doesn't surprise me that the Patriots are acting so disrespectful given the example that Belichick is setting for them.

16. bakes781

He shook the guys fucking hand what more does he need to do? If he's not friendly with him I'm sure he has a good reason. Reportedly he's miffed that Eric took a gameplan they had worked on together in NE in regards to Pennington's tendencies. There was also the tampering charges over Branch. He realized he made a mistake in shoving that photographer & apologized the very next day.

When asked about LT's comments on a local sports talk station yesterday Bill simply said he's a great player & wouldn't get into it. Yet LT is STILL yapping about it days later.

17. vikingfan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pats_Fan420)</div><div class='quotemain'>Maybe they did show no class but isn't this football? This isn't a competition between the republicans and democrats, it is hard hitting NFL football. Emotions run high as they should and both teams acted like they shouldn't. Now that I've thought about it more, I wish that the Pats players would have hugged each other or whatever and then shook the hands of the Chargers players and let that be it. The Chargers were bashing the Patriots well before the game and during the game.

http://photos.signonsandiego.com/gallery1....TI0784410_1.jpg

Yeah, TONS of class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHyLlL01tGA

What is this, high school?

I don't blame the Pats a bit for taunting and rubbing it in their faces because I would and have done similar things before. However, I think the ultimate diss would have been them shaking hands and silently walking off the field after the win. But guess what? Then the media and everyone else would say that the Pats don't care anymore and they're too used to winning, blah, blah, blah. As long as the Pats keep winning they will be hated more and more until someone stops them.

To those of you that were alive then, were the Steelers strongly hated during and after they took the Super Bowl 4 out of 6 years? If so, how long did it last?</div>
    So football is now a classless sport?

I agree that this conversation should be over - I think the main points have been proven. The Patriots acted like idiots after the game and showed that they have no self restraint. Merriman obviously got into the heads of a lot of Patriots players. And fans, instead of recognizing a shortcoming of their team, will spend all their time pointing out just how bad the opposition has been and how their team is just being hated on because they are so good.

Points proven.

FWIW, all the talk that leads up to the game, and all the stuff that goes on during the game is completely different than what happens after. Then again, what do I know, I just hate the Patriots because they are so freakin' good (and Tom Brady is God's gift to man - and woman evidently).

18. The Return of the Raider

The Return of the Raider Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bears#1Fan)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Illmatic2121)</div><div class='quotemain'>Man did something get caught in your throat.</div>
    Well this topic wasted 2 min of my day.. and life.. thanks alot</div>
    Shoot, we just spent 3 days and 6 pages on it. Have you been following along?

19. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bakes781)</div><div class='quotemain'>He shook the guys fucking hand what more does he need to do? If he's not friendly with him I'm sure he has a good reason. Reportedly he's miffed that Eric took a gameplan they had worked on together in NE in regards to Pennington's tendencies. There was also the tampering charges over Branch. He realized he made a mistake in shoving that photographer & apologized the very next day.

When asked about LT's comments on a local sports talk station yesterday Bill simply said he's a great player & wouldn't get into it. Yet LT is STILL yapping about it days later.</div>
    I'm sure that no coach has ever taken a game plan with them to another team. I bet Belichick ignored any information that he had about how the Jets approached the Patriots when he left the Jets for New England. As for the tampering charges, it sounds like the same stupid crap that Millen cried about with the Dolphins. How can you give a player the right to seek a trade and then cry tampering? The Patsies may not be innocent in the whole deal either. Branch did file a grievence against them that claims that they weren't acting in good faith. Regardless, Mangini isn't the GM of the Jets, so why is Belichick mad at him over that?

It's moot anyway. Vikingfan hit the nail on the head. The Patriots justify their bad behavior by pointing out the bad behavior of others and dismiss any legit complaints against them as jealousy because they're clearly so good that they shouldn't even have to play games before being handed the Lombardi Trophy.

20. bakes781

I already stated how I felt prior to the Bolts game & now that we've beaten the best I see no reason not to be confident that we will have our 4th SB in 6 years.