Trade Idea Offer the farm for Giannis?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by SharpesTriumph, Apr 26, 2023.

?

Should the Blazers trade the farm for Giannis (see first post for details)

Poll closed May 10, 2023.
  1. Yes

51.6%
  2. No

48.4%
  1. SharpesTriumph

SharpesTriumph Well-Known Member

I leaned and voted No but honestly have serious thoughts either direction, thats why I thought its a good poll. I'm not sure the resulting roster with Dame Grant Giannis and nothing else with zero control of draft picks for 7 years will be a contender. It certainly has the 1-2 punch of a contender, so it would be exciting as hell to see and a lot of fun, especially that first year or two.

But I could see it going very bad quicker than we think (KG to Brooklyn) and all of the sudden were the worst franchise in the league for a decade with Sharpe as a superstar elsewhere.

2. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

I think a starting lineup of Dame, Matisse, Grant, Giannis and a player we get with the TPMLE would attract a ton of ring chasers and would definitely be an instant contender.

SharpesTriumph and Hoopguru like this.
  3. SharpesTriumph

Possibly, thats why its exciting and yes would be fun, especially that first year or two.

But the Lakers had ring chasers with Rondo/Melo/Dwight/etc etc and picked by a bunch of national media to win the title then missed the playoffs. It often doesn't work out. Durant/Irving/Harden didnt work out. Kawhi and PG13 haven't worked out. Dame has been injured a bunch last few years, maybe that happens again. Maybe those two just don't fit as well as we think, who knows.

I'd probably prefer to see it over many of the moves that have happened or what I expect from Cronin. But I try to judge all moves as if I were the GM, and I'm not certain I would do it. That risk of giving up so many lottery picks in the future could be devastating. If they were all top 4 protected I easily do the trade.

4. boredinsalem

boredinsalem Well-Known Member

What about going for Jrue? Milwaukee has to find a way to pay him, Brook, and Middleton and they are hurting for shooting/perimter shooting. I wonder if we could put together a package they like and Giannas doesn't hate?

5. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

6. SharpesTriumph

So then we could put 32 year old Dame with 32 year old Jrue at PG, and have Ant play third string. Sharpe also tries to get minutes in the back court with them. Maybe we could target a PG with the MLE too.

Are you Olshey or Cronin?

blazerkor likes this.
  7. boredinsalem

boredinsalem Well-Known Member

Quite a few assumptions in there (chiefly that we wouldn't move on from Ant and that Jrue would play as a pure point guard, something he's never been).

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2023
  8. SharpesTriumph

Wow you must really not like being compared to Olshey or Cronin haha.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2023