Offical Pistons Vs Sixers First Round Thread

Discussion in 'Detroit Pistons' started by Avery, Apr 23, 2005.

1. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

That was a great game. Everyone did their job and stepped up big on defense. I mean, I actually saw Korver play some decent defense in the fourth quarter when he hounded Prince. Add in to the fact that Green played nice defense, and they definitely deserve some props for that. Iverson played with intensity and had another great performance- but this time better shooting and dishing out wise. Not to mention Webber seems to be getting back into the flow of things and getting his shot back because we are really going to need that for game 4. Dalembert did an incredible job on the low post, scoring points and grabbing a bunch of rebounds. And although he wasnt able to exactly shutdown the Wallace boys, Dalembert did a nice job getting boards for us and making sure it made it hard for them to score. Good game. I just hope they keep this up for game 4 which will really be important.

2. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

Look what happens when you utilize your bench coach O'Brien! Rodney Rogers, Willie Green both gave us a nice boast, and that?s a big reason why the 76ers were able to beat the Pistons. They scored points and provided energy while the Pistons bench was held to maybe two or four points. All of Philly's starters had respectful performances last night and guys like Korver and Iguodala finally got into the mix of things. You guys really didn't expect Allen to have two bad games in a row did you? He was amazing and carried us down the stretch and basically dominated the game at will. Webber made big shots down the stretch as well, Korver made the threes he should always make, and Iguodala made some important shots and played good defense. Also another big factor was the play of Sam Dalembert, he was full of energy and was hitting jumpers and everything, Sam continues to break out this series.

There were some negatives in the game though that the Sixers need to adjust to in Game Four. Ben Wallace had 29 points on garbage-play, such as tip ins and wide-open dunks, he also did a good job at getting to the line. Imagine if the 76ers had held him to his average, this game would have been a blowout. Philadelphia can't let him score big like this, especially since he is just an average scorer. Also the Pistons seem to get to many open perimeter looks at times, guys like Rasheed Wallace, and Prince were open a lot last night, hopefully the Sixers can adjust because they showed they can last night in the fourth quarter.

The Sixers should have lots of confidence going into game four, and they can't afford to loose this one either. Hopefully they cannot only carry out their momentum from game three to game four, but to the rest of the series.

3. Kentuckyfan34

Kentuckyfan34 JBB JustBBall Member

one reason the Pistons loss : lack of defense, they had a wonderful offensive game but if they can't keep up that defense they are in for a long series.

4. Nylex

Nylex JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting American Poet:</div><div class="quote_post">Whats this I hear about AI having a coin get thrown at him last night???</div>

Read this. I wish people like this would just respect the players more!

Why has Ben Wallace only played a few minutes (so far anyway) in Game 4? I hope he didn't get injured.

5. Knicks Analyst

Knicks Analyst JBB ? Israel ?

Playoffs Game 4: Detroit @ Philadelphia

I didn't see a thread on this yet, so I decided to make one here and now. Sorry there's no preview, but I didn't see one and now it's halftime...so it's too late.

Great first half for Philadelphia, though. Even though they may be down 3, (41-38) they're playing somoe sensational defense. Forcing Detroit to settle for less-than-perfect shots, and adujusting shots as well. Iverson has been playing terrific basketball, scoring 20 points and 3 assists. Dalembert has been exceptional, it's clear that he's amped to be playing in the playoffs, he has 4 points with 8 rebounds at the half. Webber hasn't been playing too well he has 6 points but off of 3-9 shooting he has 4 boards but 3 TO's to go along with them. Detroit tried to break away from the half with a lead using good halfcourt offense, Philly made it tough and now they're only down three.
    I'm looking forward to the second half.

6. Knicks Analyst

Oh. I posted a thread for Game 4 in the Philadelphia forum, I wasn't aware of any thing like this and I didn't see a Game 4 thread in the 76ers forum, just a Game 3 thread. Ah well, I started one there for some Sixers fans.

Here are my thoughts as of half-time: Great first half for Philadelphia. Even though they may be down 3, (41-38) they're playing somoe sensational defense. Forcing Detroit to settle for less-than-perfect shots, and adujusting shots as well. Iverson has been playing terrific basketball, scoring 20 points and 3 assists. Dalembert has been exceptional, it's clear that he's amped to be playing in the playoffs, he has 4 points with 8 rebounds at the half. Webber hasn't been playing too well (ahem) he has 6 points but off of 3-9 shooting he has 4 boards but 3 TO's to go along with them. Detroit tried to break away from the half with a lead using good halfcourt offense, Philly made it tough and now they're only down three.
    I'm looking forward to the second half.

7. Martin

Martin Back from retirement

Is it true that Prince is injured?
    And did Willie really get stitches above his eye?
    It's such a great game right now

8. Knicks Analyst

Prince is back on the floor. Willie has a band-aid on his head, I know that for sure.
    Willie Green, 78% free-throw shooter, just choked of a free-throw allowing the game to be tied as opposed to Phill up one. Game tied at 83.

EDIT: Overtime! Willie had the chance, he choked - hit the bottom of the front rim on his first FT. Iggy also had some good oppurtunities to put a shot down a little earlier. Overtime now, should be great.

9. Martin

OMG
    Im getting a heart attack,Willie should've won it for us

10. Knicks Analyst

Yeah, and now it's a matter of overtime, and with players in Detroit like Billups who has ice in his veins it should prove to be quite a challenge for Philadelphia. This is by far one of the better playoff games. Great game.

11. Martin

If Billups hits the game winner Im gonna kill him,he hit it 2 years ago too to end our season.

12. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

Wow, so many oppurtunities. What kind of shot did Korver just throw up to tie the game in OT man, that just terrible.

13. Knicks Analyst

Game over 97-92, Detroit pulled away. Detroit was clutch, especially in the form of Rasheed Wallace. Wallace was pretty quiet all game, but he really lit it up in overrtime. Korver could have bit on that shot before he was forced to foul Rasheed, they had enough time to reset for another shot or at least take a less desperate one. Must be a gut-wrenching defeat for Philly fans, sorry guys. Good game though, lots of entertainment value.

14. AA13

AA13 JBB JustBBall Member

Game 4

IMO, Green lost Philly the game. If he had hit both of his free throws the 76ers would have probably won.

Wallace came up big in OT by hitting two three pointers. Webber also had a good game. it just wasn't enough.

I'm hoping that Philidelphia can steal the next game in Detroit but that isn't likely. Sorry about this loss Philly fans. I really wanted them to beat the Pistons too.

15. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

It was one heck of the game played by Philly, but Sheed couldn't be stopped towards the end. Iverson and Webber both had great games and Green played exceptionally well also. But yeah, that was a horrible descision by Korver when he went for that shot, cannot be making mistakes like that.

16. Avery

Avery JBB IDIOT!! GOSH!!!

I couldn't be any happier with the Sixers performance. They played their butts off, and you can't go wrong with that. We had this game won, but we just couldn't close it out. Right now, I would literally be furious that they lost, but I'm very calm and relaxed right now just because of the game that they brought this afternoon. Again, they played they're butts off and if they can keep their heads up after this game which will be very difficult they can potentially steal one at the Palace of Auburn Hills. If this game couldn't convince anyone that the 76ers could have/can win this series, than I don't know what to say.

17. Knicks Analyst

It convinced me to a large extent, Avery. What it showed me is the potential of these guys, it showed me that had Willie made his free throws they'd have given Detroit a run for their money. It was a great display of heart and capability/talent from Philadelphia. It's good that you refuse to look at it with negative light, but rather take a positive angle. I applaud that. It was a joy to watch Philly playing their defensive game while firing on all cylinders, they played great basketball, if Sheed and the rest of the Pistons weren't so experienced, if they didn't have ice in their veins, Philly would've won it. Detroit overwhelmed them in OT. We saw both teams play their best today, Philly for most of the game, Detroit in spurts.

18. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

after the game, what surprised me was that i wasn't mad or angry. sure i felt disappointed, but i didn't feel too bad at all. the sixers gave it there all and played with heart, and that's all you can expect from any team. whether they win or lose, all you expect was that they gave it their all. and they did. they showed tons of heart. and even though i thought willie could've won the game for us, i'm not mad at him. he gave it his all, and remember, this was willie's first playoff experience, and going to the line must have been hard, since he's young and inexperienced. all i hope is that the young ones gained some experience and will show it in their next playoff game. but still, don't give up your hope just yet. rembember, there's always hope that the sixers can shock the pistons, and hey, think about it. if the sixers somehow manage to win next game, they return home and will be greeted by a lot of loving fans. if they manage to escape that, then all they need is to bring the momentom back to detriot, and hope for the win. all in all, don't give up hope, just yet. [​IMG]

19. Avery

Avery JBB IDIOT!! GOSH!!!

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">after the game, what surprised me was that i wasn't mad or angry. sure i felt disappointed, but i didn't feel too bad at all.</div>

Exactly! I won't lie I'm dissapointed that they lost, why wouldn't I be? But there is a difference between anger and dissapointment, and as far as anger goes, I'm far from that. I'd much rather be dissapointed than angry, because anger usually ruins my whole day, while dissapointment hurts for a little while. Once I hear a good joke and get a good laugh or eat some delicious food or something I'll feel better. [​IMG]

Next is Game 5, and if anything the pressure if on the Pistons for having to close this series out at home. While the 76ers should be confident and they should be very loose. I'm very optimistic about they're chances in Game 5 and if they can win in Game 5 and head home for Game 6, they could win that too especially looking at how well they preform with the home crowd on they're side. We'll just have to wait and see how things work out, but I really like they're chances at Game 5. Lets go SIXERS!

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">after the game, what surprised me was that i wasn't mad or angry. sure i felt disappointed, but i didn't feel too bad at all. the sixers gave it there all and played with heart, and that's all you can expect from any team. whether they win or lose, all you expect was that they gave it their all. and they did. they showed tons of heart. and even though i thought willie could've won the game for us, i'm not mad at him. he gave it his all, and remember, this was willie's first playoff experience, and going to the line must have been hard, since he's young and inexperienced. all i hope is that the young ones gained some experience and will show it in their next playoff game. but still, don't give up your hope just yet. rembember, there's always hope that the sixers can shock the pistons, and hey, think about it. if the sixers somehow manage to win next game, they return home and will be greeted by a lot of loving fans. if they manage to escape that, then all they need is to bring the momentom back to detriot, and hope for the win. all in all, don't give up hope, just yet</div>

A couple periods in your sentences wouldn't hurt at all, but I like how you put that together. Very, very well said. [​IMG]

20. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

We can only hope to hold on now. We have to win the next game or its all over. Today we put up a great contest but we just couldn`t stop them in the end.
    My heart like sank when Willie missed that free throw, and it could of sealed it, but like Obie said "We couldn`t beat the best team in the world."

What do you guys think? Was Kyle`s shot a 2 or 3?