Offical- Sam Cassell traded to the Timberwolves!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Minnesota Timberwolves' started by mike18946, Jun 27, 2003.

1. Ghost

Ghost BBW Member

I would

2. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "raptors21":</div><div class="quote_post">have they got rose to?</div>

No..it was a suggestion..as rose for brandon was rumoured before...

3. purehoops

purehoops JBB KGSource

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "J-MAC":</div><div class="quote_post">I would</div>

thus its not his fault... you cant blame him for somethin you would do yourself... its all on the management...

4. Ghost

Ghost BBW Member

yeah I agree

I would take the money

5. jbbFranchise

jbbFranchise JBB JustBBall Member

yeah the wolves are gonna be a lot better now, they've got another 20ppg scorer...

6. Kid Canada

Kid Canada JBB Banned Member

but what are they doing with hudson trade him?

7. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "raptors21":</div><div class="quote_post">but what are they doing with hudson trade him?</div>

Why trade him? he will be a back-up....like he was with magic..and like at the start of this season...

8. purehoops

purehoops JBB KGSource

I see him comin off the bench but still gettin quality time... It will all be sorted out when TB is traded...

9. Ghost

Ghost BBW Member

I cant wait till he is traded.

10. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

twolves got a good deal here

11. Ghost

Ghost BBW Member

I think joe smith could help the small bucks.

12. Kid Canada

the bucks have enough useless power forwards.

13. BRockwell

BRockwell JBB JustBBall Member

I love this deal for the Wolves. Joe Smith wasn't doing anything special for them and while Peeler is a nice guy to have around, he doesn't compare to Cassel.

I think Hudson becomes the 3rd guard here, instant offense off the bench and can play both guard spots, like a modern day John Long. He'll play a few less minutes, like 25-30 instead of 30-35 but that just means he can expend more energy during that time...and Troy Hudson with fresh legs going up other's teams worn down starters or bench guys is a nice thought for Minnesota.

He'll play alongside Cassel occasionaly, but it makes their backcourt awfully small and vulnerable defensively.

If they can add some talent by moving Terrell Brandon's contrac they'll be in good shape.....Jalen Rose is nice, but probably not alongside Szcerbiak...and he needs to handle the rock a lot to be effective as does Cassell....

For a while word was that Rasheed Wallace might be going to the T-wolves....it would shore up Portland's financial situation and open up minutes for Zach Randolph (who the Blazers don't want to lose out on before he peaks like Jermaine O'neal) while the Wolves would be downright nasty with a lineup of...

PG Cassell
    SG Wally
    SF Garnett
    PF Rasheed Wallace
    C Rasho Nesterovic

Hudson and Gary Trent off the bench...

Would Brandon's Contract, Doody Ebi and next years first rounder be enough for Wallace.....Doesn't seem like it to me, not for a player of Wallace's caliber...but crazier things have happened.

14. Ghost

Ghost BBW Member

I dont think they can get wallace but u never know.

15. purehoops

purehoops JBB KGSource

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Rocko220":</div><div class="quote_post">I love this deal for the Wolves. Joe Smith wasn't doing anything special for them and while Peeler is a nice guy to have around, he doesn't compare to Cassel.

I think Hudson becomes the 3rd guard here, instant offense off the bench and can play both guard spots, like a modern day John Long. He'll play a few less minutes, like 25-30 instead of 30-35 but that just means he can expend more energy during that time...and Troy Hudson with fresh legs going up other's teams worn down starters or bench guys is a nice thought for Minnesota.
    He'll play alongside Cassel occasionaly, but it makes their backcourt awfully small and vulnerable defensively.

If they can add some talent by moving Terrell Brandon's contrac they'll be in good shape.....Jalen Rose is nice, but probably not alongside Szcerbiak...and he needs to handle the rock a lot to be effective as does Cassell....

For a while word was that Rasheed Wallace might be going to the T-wolves....it would shore up Portland's financial situation and open up minutes for Zach Randolph (who the Blazers don't want to lose out on before he peaks like Jermaine O'neal) while the Wolves would be downright nasty with a lineup of...

PG Cassell
    SG Wally
    SF Garnett
    PF Rasheed Wallace
    C Rasho Nesterovic

Hudson and Gary Trent off the bench...

Would Brandon's Contract, Doody Ebi and next years first rounder be enough for Wallace.....Doesn't seem like it to me, not for a player of Wallace's caliber...but crazier things have happened.</div>

Well you have some fine points in here... i highlighted the right on point stuff... but Rasho is probably not going to be with the Wolves next season (looks to sign in NY) and the Rasheed Wallace looks like a long shot now... plus his name isnt Doody (like Stern pronounce it)... its Ndudi Ebi

16. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

i don't think rasho will be back either. i don't think wallace fits with this team either. there won't be enough shots to keep everyone happy.

cassell likes to shoot
    wally likes to shoot
    kg needs his touches

it just doesn't leave much. i'd rather see them get a defensive presence inside to help out kg. imagine kg being able to come from the weakside and toss everyone's shot. they need a legit 7 footer with some bulk. someone like brad miller or kandi man would be good.

brandon for zo?
    i still think they should try to get Adonal Foyle from the warriors.

wally & brandon for foyle & j-rich?

17. Kid Canada

I ant the raps to get foyle for JYD.

18. Ghost

Ghost BBW Member

warriors wont do that

19. purehoops

purehoops JBB KGSource

bah humbug... you think the raptors are gunna get everyone... id hate to play in toronto...

20. Ghost

Ghost BBW Member

me to.