Official 2007 NFL Draft Thread

Discussion in 'NFL General' started by 808Hornetsfan, Apr 26, 2007.

1. valo35

valo35 BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (playaofthegame @ Apr 28 2007, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Another advantage of taking Quinn is he was taught under former Patriots offensive coordinator Charlie Weiss and understands the game very well....Weiss is an incredible coach and is a big reason the Patriots have three super bowlsMiami is retarded...Ginn Jr will NOT make an impact..he's pretty much Wes Welker..so they basically didn't do anything</div>Can't say it any better than you did, unless Gin returns punts like Hester did last year, he won't make a huge impact. He will just be a first round version of Welker, a slot receiver probably, that is decent in the passing game.And Charlie Weiss has said many times according to those ESPN guys, that Quinn has alot of Brady in him, and is a very good quarterback. I know that Quinn is his boy, but I would take Weiss's word for it. Quinn I thought, and still think is going to become the best quarterback of this draft class, and those ding-dongs from Miami missed on him.

2. playaofthegame

playaofthegame AYO ADRIEN!

Nah Quinn will never be at Brady's level or win like BradyQuinn will just be a really good QB like they said on NFL Network..but he won't be GREATHe would be a hell of a lot better than Joey Harrington or Dante Culpepper though

3. LAZY

LAZY BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (joemagoo362 @ Apr 28 2007, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>LAZY, just curious, but why didn't you want Peterson to go to Minnesota?</div>I just felt there was better options. I guess I was selfish and wanted Peterson to be a starter from the get go. A team like the Bills. I really never visioned Vikings picking AD. Chester Taylor really turned around once he joined the team. It seems like they really dont even need another RB, I didnt want him to get stuck behind anyone just cause other teams passed on him cause his history of injuries. But the NFL is addapting to more teams having the 1-2 RB punch type thing. It seems to work, so I guess thats fine. But Minnesota should be good for him. They have turf over there...he'll be extremly fast.Or maybe it's cause I just dont like purple and yellow

4. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

Runningbacks are so interchangable, I wouldn't even pick one in the top 10, AD is a nice back, but honestly, look at Chester Taylor, he's an averager runningback who can put in 1,000 yards with that nice offensive line and he's been a nice fit. The Packers the last few years have gotten by using #3 back's and have done alright. It's such an easy position.

5. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

Micheal Bush was still there and the Browns passed and took a CB, ugh. On the Peterson note, I wanted him to become a Brown so bad I cried when we passed and took Joe Thomas. I also had a picture of him hanging on my wall[Poster] and it was in a Browns jersey and all a buddy of mine did for me and I blew it up on my wall and all that stuff. All well, I wish him the best and if he is 100 percent he is the ROY.

6. BrewCityBuck

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cavsrules @ Apr 28 2007, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Micheal Bush was still there and the Browns passed and took a CB, ugh. On the Peterson note, I wanted him to become a Brown so bad I cried when we passed and took Joe Thomas. I also had a picture of him hanging on my wall[Poster] and it was in a Browns jersey and all a buddy of mine did for me and I blew it up on my wall and all that stuff. All well, I wish him the best and if he is 100 percent he is the ROY.</div> Michael Bush is a walking injury who is always overweight and slow. Doesn't play as big/strong as people think, doesn't evade tacklers and played in a RB friendly offense in college.

7. playaofthegame

nah Calvin Johnson will be ROYPeterson going to Cleveland would of been dumbthey need to build from the offensive line out...they had an incredible 1st round

8. BrewCityBuck

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (playaofthegame @ Apr 28 2007, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>nah Calvin Johnson will be ROYPeterson going to Cleveland would of been dumbthey need to build from the offensive line out...they had an incredible 1st round</div> I don't see Johnson getting the ball enough to get ROY...not with that white guy and Roy at WR.

9. The Captain

The Captain BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrewCityBuck @ Apr 28 2007, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Runningbacks are so interchangable, I wouldn't even pick one in the top 10</div>You're telling me you'd pass up Barry Sanders if you had a pick in the top 10?

10. BrewCityBuck

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Winchester @ Apr 28 2007, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You're telling me you'd pass up Barry Sanders if you had a pick in the top 10?</div> Barry Sanders is a once in 20 years kind of back...obviously no, I'm talking generally...

11. ASUFan22

ASUFan22 BBW Global Mod Team

Did I see that right? Both JaMarcus Russell AND Zach Miller drafted by the Raiders? Two of my favorite players on one of my least favorite teams...the same team who made ma boi Andrew Walter look like the worst QB ever with their sh*tty o-line? ARGH! I realize he's not that great, but also not as bad as he looked. He just isn't a very mobile QB and you put that together with a terrible o-line and it won't give you a good result.

12. valo35

valo35 BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrewCityBuck @ Apr 28 2007, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Michael Bush is a walking injury who is always overweight and slow. Doesn't play as big/strong as people think, doesn't evade tacklers and played in a RB friendly offense in college.</div>Last year was really the only year he was injured for an extended period of time. He was healthy every year before that, he is not a walking injury. He has also has a good speed burst, hits the wholes quickly, good strength hitting the wholes, has decent speed in the open field, and moves well. Whoever gets him in the third round is going to have made on of the steals of the draft.

13. ASUFan22

Buster Davis, LB, Florida StateLinebacker is a need for us, especially now with the 3-4 defense. For those of you that have seen him play, what do you think?

14. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

I'm glad to see the Raiders getting quality guys. McCown is a great pickup for them to add competition for Russell. Also, Zach Miller from Arizona State is pretty good as well.

15. LAZY

LAZY BBW Elite Member

...And Cowboys have yet to take a WR. A need that they should have gotten in the first round. Rumor is Jerry Jones is getting a face lift for every player they draft this year

16. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

Well guys, day 1 is wrapping up, so I ask you all who you guys thought had the best draft so far, and also how do you think your team did? Maybe give out some grades. [​IMG]

17. ASUFan22

Cardinals-BNothing spectacular, but they filled in some needs with some quality players. Today was a success.

18. The Captain

The Captain BBW VIP

Lions- CJohnson was nice, but Matt bombed it up the ass on everything else.

19. playaofthegame

Patriots - BWe traded away one of our picks but we got a really good Safety in Meriweather..I feel that he should of been picked higher but that one issue in the Miami/FIU brawl hurt him..he's really talented and is just insurance for HarrisonWe got a below-average teams 1st round pick next year..so I say that's always good too

20. Pacers fan forever

Pacers fan forever BBW Elite Member

Colts: B-No defensive picks and we lost next years 1st rounder. But the players we selected do fill a need and are very good.