Official 2008 Early Entry Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by CelticBalla32, Mar 26, 2008.

1. TucsonClip

TucsonClip Thursday Night in Tucson = Upset

Good for Ryan Anderson, he needs to get out of Cal as soon as possible. He is a fringe first round pick, but he isnt going to gain anything by going back to play for a new coach with less talent then the past two years. He needs to get into the NBA and let NBA coaches develop him. Dude has some skill.

2. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TucsonClip @ Apr 3 2008, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Good for Ryan Anderson, he needs to get out of Cal as soon as possible. He is a fringe first round pick, but he isnt going to gain anything by going back to play for a new coach with less talent then the past two years. He needs to get into the NBA and let NBA coaches develop him. Dude has some skill.</div>
    Hes got excellent skill but I don't see him doing anything in the NBA. Hes extremely unathletic and only about 6'9 230 lbs. GREAT shooter for a PF but hes really got to bulk up if he wants to have a decent career. He probably is smart to enter now though. What else can he do to improve his stock in the NCAA? He was right there with Kevin Love as THE BEST player in the Pac 10. He would be a decent second round pick but I just don't think theres much of a place for him in the NBA. And I'm a Cal fan.

3. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Well-Known Member

source
    http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/517...nter_nba_draft/

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Sources: Hoosiers' Gordon To Enter NBA Draft
    Indiana freshman Eric Gordon plans to enter the NBA draft, The Indianapolis Star reported on its web site Friday, and posted on Yahoo.com.

Citing sources close to the situation, the newspaper reports that the university will issue an official release Friday afternoon, detailing when Gordon will make his formal announcement</div>

4. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

Jerryd Bayless joins the fun:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Arizona freshman guard Jerryd Bayless has decided to leave the Wildcat program and will declare for the NBA.

Bayless is expected to issue a release on his decision this afternoon.

The decision was confirmed through the school's sports information office.

Coach Lute Olson expressed surprise at Bayless' decision.
    "I thought it would 80-20 in terms of him coming back," Olson said Saturday afternoon. "I think Jerryd is going to be a really good pro. It'll depend on who drafts him on whether he'll be able to play right away."

Bayless is projected to be a lottery pick, projected to go as high as No. 3 in the latest mock draft by Draftexpress.com.

Bayless averaged 19.7 points and 2.7 rebounds a game. He shot 40.7 percent from the 3-point line.

Check back later for more information on his decision.</div>

Source

I added Eric Gordon to the list, too.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Indiana freshman Eric Gordon plans to enter the NBA draft, The Indianapolis Star reported on its web site Friday.

Citing sources close to the situation, the newspaper reports that the university will issue an official release Friday afternoon, detailing when Gordon will make his formal announcement.

The 6-4, 215-pound Gordon led the Big Ten in scoring this season with 20.9 points per game and is considered by many observers to be a top-10 pick.

The first Indiana freshman to average more than 20 points, Gordon was the Big Ten Freshman of the Year and a unanimous first-team All-Big Ten selection.</div>

5. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
  6. TucsonClip

TucsonClip Thursday Night in Tucson = Upset

Caracter, Clark, Padgett, and possibly Williams gone?

7. CelticBalla32

Chase Budinger will test the waters:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Unlike teammate Jerryd Bayless, who declared irrevocably for the draft Saturday, Budinger is keeping the option to return to school open by not hiring an agent, according to his personal trainer, Trent Suzuki. However, Budinger is projected as a fringe lottery pick by several mock drafts, and if he finds those predictions accurate, he is unlikely to return to the Wildcats.

"I think if he gets it confirmed that he can get something like" a top-20 pick, he would stay in the draft, Suzuki said. "I don't really know what his thought process is. Obviously, if he's a lottery pick, he'll come out for sure."</div>

I think he has a chance at going lotto, and is almost a shoe-in for the top 20.

8. CelticBalla32

Donte Greene, Marreese Speights, and Ronald Steele will be entering the draft. I updated the opening post's list with links.

The surprise - Greene will hire an agent. Poor decision.

9. pegs

pegs My future wife.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticBalla32 @ Apr 8 2008, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Donte Greene, Marreese Speights, and Ronald Steele will be entering the draft. I updated the opening post's list with links.

The surprise - Greene will hire an agent. Poor decision.</div>

Not a smart decision at all. He wasn't even the best freshman on his team. What a shame.

10. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

Kevin Love and Darren Collinson expected to declare

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>UCLA All-American Kevin Love and teammate Darren Collison will make themselves available for the NBA draft, the Los Angeles Times reported Tuesday night.

The newspaper, quoting unidentified sources close to the players, reported they are expected to hire agents, which would mean they could not return to play for the Bruins next season.

UCLA coach Ben Howland has a news conference scheduled for Wednesday.

Love, a freshman centre, led the Bruins in scoring (17.5 points) and rebounds (10.6). Collison, a junior point guard, was a third-team All-American who averaged 15.2 points and 3.9 assists this season.

The Bruins lost in the national semifinals to Memphis on Saturday.

The Times also reported the Bruins are expected to lose sophomore guard Russell Westbrook to draft. The deadline for underclassmen to declare for the draft is April 27.</div>

http://canadianpress.google.com/article/AL...e99oTpqmh2j5h1w

11. pegs

pegs My future wife.

Seems like this year's draft is gonna be stacked.

12. CelticBalla32

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pegs @ Apr 9 2008, 01:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Seems like this year's draft is gonna be stacked.</div>

Tell me about it. Wow. This draft is extremely deep with quality ballplayers. I think this is a great year for the top-tier teams who will have the late first round picks. Some guys will slip, and you'll get some quality role players there.

EDIT: Brandon Rush is going to declare for the third time, as well.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>SAN ANTONIO – Brandon Rush has played his last game as a Kansas Jayhawk.

Two sources close to Rush told Yahoo! Sports late Monday that Rush – KU’s leading scorer for the past three seasons – has decided to forgo his final season of eligibility and enter the NBA draft.

Rush’s decision ends a college career that saw him earn first-team all-league honors in each of his three seasons while guiding Kansas to three straight Big 12 regular-season and conference tournament titles.</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Two other Kansas underclassmen – forward Darrell Arthur and guard Mario Chalmers – are also considering leaving school early for the draft. Their intentions were unknown as of Monday, although it’s believed that Arthur is leaning strongly toward turning pro.</div>

13. pegs

pegs My future wife.

Not so fast!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Daily Orange -
    On Tuesday, DraftExpress.com reported that Donte Greene will declare himself eligible for the NBA draft, citing a source with intimate knowledge of the situation.

Assistant coach Rob Murphy said by phone late Tuesday night that the was incorrect, and Greene has not yet informed the coaching staff of any decision.

"Not at all," said Murphy, who added: "…There's nothing going on."</div>
    http://media.www.dailyorange.com/media/sto...n-3311280.shtml

May not be declaring, may not be staying. Hm.

14. pegs

pegs My future wife.

It's official: Greene's entering, but has NOT hired an agent.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>April 9, 2:31 p.m. -- Donte Greene has declared for the NBA Draft, according to a statement released by Syracuse athletics.

Greene informed SU head coach Jim Boeheim today of his intent.

"After discussing my future plans with my family and Coach Boeheim, I've decided to declare for the NBA draft," Greene said in the statement. "The Syracuse coaching staff is going to gather information on my behalf and help me begin that process."

There will be no press conference today and Greene, along with Boeheim, will not be available for further comment.

Syracuse Sports Information Director Pete Moore confirmed that Greene has not hired an agent. By NBA rules, Greene can withdraw his name by June 16 provided he hasn't hired an agent.</div>

http://media.www.dailyorange.com/media/sto...t-3313005.shtml

15. JFizzleRaider

JFizzleRaider Sad Panda Global Moderator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pegs @ Apr 9 2008, 12:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticBalla32 @ Apr 8 2008, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Donte Greene, Marreese Speights, and Ronald Steele will be entering the draft. I updated the opening post's list with links.

Not a smart decision at all. He wasn't even the best freshman on his team. What a shame.
    </div>

riiggghhtttt, Greene was a better player than Flynn, Don't know why you think otherwise

16. pegs

pegs My future wife.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JFizzleRaider @ Apr 9 2008, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pegs @ Apr 9 2008, 12:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticBalla32 @ Apr 8 2008, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Donte Greene, Marreese Speights, and Ronald Steele will be entering the draft. I updated the opening post's list with links.

</div>

riiggghhtttt, Greene was a better player than Flynn, Don't know why you think otherwise
    </div>
    Because I'm not a stat-whore. I actually watched games. Just about every game. I'm a huge fan of SU, have been all my life. I know this team. Check the sig, click the link...I'm not the only person who believes Flynn is better.

He's a better team leader, a more efficient scorer, a smarter player, a better facilitator, and he's way more clutch than Donte. Even his defense is on par, more than I could say for Greene. The only thing Greene has over him is size.

17. Kid Chocolate

Kid Chocolate Suspended

All I know is Johnny Flynn was co-Big East ROY with Dejuan Blair and Donte Greene was not.

18. Kid Chocolate

Kid Chocolate Suspended

19. JFizzleRaider

JFizzleRaider Sad Panda Global Moderator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pegs @ Apr 9 2008, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JFizzleRaider @ Apr 9 2008, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pegs @ Apr 9 2008, 12:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticBalla32 @ Apr 8 2008, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Donte Greene, Marreese Speights, and Ronald Steele will be entering the draft. I updated the opening post's list with links.

</div>

</div>
    Because I'm not a stat-whore. I actually watched games. Just about every game. I'm a huge fan of SU, have been all my life. I know this team. Check the sig, click the link...I'm not the only person who believes Flynn is better.

He's a better team leader, a more efficient scorer, a smarter player, a better facilitator, and he's way more clutch than Donte. Even his defense is on par, more than I could say for Greene. The only thing Greene has over him is size.
    </div>

I have no doubt you love Syracuse I know you start topics on them all the time.

Donte Greene will be the better pro, I don't think its that hard to see

20. CelticBalla32

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JFizzleRaider @ Apr 9 2008, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Donte Greene will be the better pro, I don't think its that hard to see</div>

It's not a guarantee that Greene will pan out. He has that potential factor that everybody sucks up, but it doesn't guarantee that Greene will live up to it.