Official 2008 Early Entry Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by CelticBalla32, Mar 26, 2008.

1. o.iatlhawksfan

o.iatlhawksfan ROFLMFAO!!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticBalla32 @ Apr 9 2008, 12:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pegs @ Apr 9 2008, 01:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Seems like this year's draft is gonna be stacked.</div>

Tell me about it. Wow. This draft is extremely deep with quality ballplayers. I think this is a great year for the top-tier teams who will have the late first round picks. Some guys will slip, and you'll get some quality role players there.

</div>

In 5 year I think this class will be described as a drft where alot of players don't live up to their potiental

2. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

No surprise, O.J. Mayo is going to declare and hire an agent shortly.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>USC freshman guard O.J. Mayo will declare for the NBA draft and will hire an agent soon, a school spokesperson said.

Mayo is projected in the top 10 in the NBA lottery. Mayo led the Trojans in scoring with 20.7 points a game, 4.5 rebounds and 3.3 assists a game. Mayo helped lead the Trojans to a 21-12 overall record, 11-7 in the Pac-10.

USC lost to Kansas State in a 6 vs. 11 matchup in the NCAA first round in Omaha, Neb.

USC officials were expected to send out a release announcing Mayo's decision later Wednesday night.

Mayo told USC officials that he would stay in school for the rest of the spring semester.</div>

Source

List is all updated.

3. o.iatlhawksfan

Next year draft is gonna be super weak, I think Austin Daye and Ricky Rubio will be good tho.

4. JFizzleRaider

JFizzleRaider Sad Panda Global Moderator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticBalla32 @ Apr 9 2008, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JFizzleRaider @ Apr 9 2008, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Donte Greene will be the better pro, I don't think its that hard to see</div>

It's not a guarantee that Greene will pan out. He has that potential factor that everybody sucks up, but it doesn't guarantee that Greene will live up to it.
    </div>

I'm not saying he will pan out either. But come on, Greene or Flynn? How many midget PG's actually pan out to be anything in the NBA

Greene has the potential to be a much better pro than Flynn, easily.

5. o.iatlhawksfan

^^ They just don't want to agree with you, even tho they know it's true.

6. pegs

pegs My future wife.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JFizzleRaider @ Apr 9 2008, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticBalla32 @ Apr 9 2008, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JFizzleRaider @ Apr 9 2008, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Donte Greene will be the better pro, I don't think its that hard to see</div>

It's not a guarantee that Greene will pan out. He has that potential factor that everybody sucks up, but it doesn't guarantee that Greene will live up to it.
    </div>

I'm not saying he will pan out either. But come on, Greene or Flynn? How many midget PG's actually pan out to be anything in the NBA

</div>

We weren't talking about potential or who will be better in the NBA, though. We're talking about who was the better freshman. And it's glaringly obvious it was Flynn. If you watched Syracuse games as much as me, you'd know that.

7. JFizzleRaider

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pegs @ Apr 9 2008, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JFizzleRaider @ Apr 9 2008, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticBalla32 @ Apr 9 2008, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JFizzleRaider @ Apr 9 2008, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Donte Greene will be the better pro, I don't think its that hard to see</div>

</div>

</div>

We weren't talking about potential or who will be better in the NBA, though. We're talking about who was the better freshman. And it's glaringly obvious it was Flynn. If you watched Syracuse games as much as me, you'd know that.
    </div>

Difference of opinion, but I know your never going to think Greene was better like me, so I'm done discussing it.

Oh wells

8. Kid Chocolate

Kid Chocolate Suspended

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JFizzleRaider @ Apr 10 2008, 01:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pegs @ Apr 9 2008, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JFizzleRaider @ Apr 9 2008, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticBalla32 @ Apr 9 2008, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JFizzleRaider @ Apr 9 2008, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Donte Greene will be the better pro, I don't think its that hard to see</div>

</div>

</div>

</div>

Difference of opinion, but I know your never going to think Greene was better like me, so I'm done discussing it.

Oh wells
    </div>

Well how can you explain Flynn being co-Big East ROY and Donte Greene not?

9. JFizzleRaider

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (THE DADDY @ Apr 10 2008, 01:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JFizzleRaider @ Apr 10 2008, 01:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pegs @ Apr 9 2008, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JFizzleRaider @ Apr 9 2008, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticBalla32 @ Apr 9 2008, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JFizzleRaider @ Apr 9 2008, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Donte Greene will be the better pro, I don't think its that hard to see</div>

</div>

</div>

</div>

Oh wells
    </div>

Well how can you explain Flynn being co-Big East ROY and Donte Greene not?
    </div>

Who cares if he got the award or not. Thats like saying last year Afflalo was a better player than Aaron Brooks because he got the pac-10 player of the year award when it wasn't the case. Whoever gets the award doesn't mean anything in my eyes. In my opinion Donte Greene was better. Oh Noes I disagree with you guys!

10. o.iatlhawksfan

Blake Griffin is coming back
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>NORMAN, Okla. (AP) -Oklahoma forward Blake Griffin will return for his sophomore season instead of declaring for the NBA draft.

Griffin said Wednesday that he'd heard projections from experts that placed him anywhere from third to 10th in this June's draft.

"Most college basketball players, their dream their whole life is to play in the NBA, to take it to the next level, take it to that next step. That is something that is hard to turn down,'' Griffin said. "But at the same time, I know personally I wouldn't be content just with going to the NBA and just sitting on the bench watching other guys play.''

Griffin led the Sooners by averaging 14.7 points and 9.1 rebounds, the most by an Oklahoma freshman since former NBA All-Star Wayman Tisdale 25 years ago.

The Sooners lost to Louisville in the second round of the NCAA tournament.</div>

good choice for him imo, honestly I don't think he's ready. He could go top 5 next year, but he's always getting injured.

The bad side is, someone gonna make the mistake of choosing Anthony Randolph much higher than he should go.

11. CelticBalla32

As expected, Michael Beasley is going pro.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>During a Monday evening press conference in Manhattan, Kansas State's Michael Beasley announced he is declaring for the NBA draft. (Watch presser live)

Beasley admitted "money is a pretty big factor." He said going pro is the right decision for him and his family. He also said he's ready to raise his "game to the next level."

Beasley's coach, Frank Martin, had said he'd be surprised if Beasley made any other decision than to turn pro. Martin said it was the best decision to Beasley to go pro. He said if he had advised him any other way, it would not have been in Beasley's best interest.

Martin went on to say that he thinks Beasley is ready for the NBA.

Beasley will likely be the number one pick in the draft on June 26.
    Beasley, the Big 12 player of the year, had the second-most rebounds and third-most points of any freshman in NCAA history, leading Kansas State to its first NCAA tournament victory in 20 years.

The agile 6-foot-10 power forward averaged 26.2 points per game and a nation-leading 12.4 rebounds, finishing second to North Carolina's Tyler Hansbrough for numerous player of the year awards.</div>

At least he's honest about the money factor. [​IMG]

12. CelticBalla32

Derrick Rose is in, and is apparently deciding between two agents.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Memphis freshman point guard Derrick Rose, quiet since last week's national title game, is ready to break his silence and announce his decision to enter the NBA Draft, a source close to Rose told CBSSports.com on Monday.

The source said the famously shy Rose will likely release a statement to the media this week -- perhaps as early as Tuesday -- and in turn avoid a news conference like the one Michael Beasley just held.

The source added there will be no mention of an agent in the statement -- meaning Rose isn't expected to yet disclose whether he's signing with Leon Rose or Arn Tellem, which is a hot topic in basketball circles because if Rose goes with Tellem it will be an act against conventional wisdom given Rose's longstanding relationship with William Wesley (aka Worldwide Wes), a prominent sports figure who works closely with Leon Rose.

Rose is projected by many to be the No. 1 pick in June's NBA Draft after guiding Memphis to a 38-2 record this season while averaging 14.9 points, 4.7 assists and 4.5 rebounds. He averaged 20.8 points, 6.0 assists and 6.5 rebounds in the NCAA tournament and led the Tigers to the national title game, where they lost 75-68 to Kansas in overtime.</div>

Source

I believe he already had his press conference, as well.

EDIT: Jeremy Pargo is declaring without an agent.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>SPOKANE, Wash. (AP)—Gonzaga guard Jeremy Pargo has declared himself eligible for the NBA draft but is reserving the option of returning for his senior season by not hiring an agent.

In a statement released Tuesday by Gonzaga, Pargo said going through the draft’s early entry process will be a great learning experience.

As long as he doesn’t hire an agent, the junior guard is eligible to withdraw his name from draft consideration until June 16. The draft is set for June 26 in New York City. The early entry deadline is April 27.

Pargo was the West Coast Conference player of the year and an Associated Press All-America honorable mention. He averaged 12.1 points, 6 assists and 3.7 rebounds.

Gonzaga coach Mark Few said he’s confident that Pargo “will make an educated and thoughtful decision.”</div>

Source

13. CelticBalla32

New agent info from Draft Express:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Jerryd Bayless has signed a representation agreement with Excel Sports Management President Jeff Schwartz, ESM’s Vice President Sam Goldfeder told DraftExpress today. “It’s a done deal,” Goldfeder said in a phone conversation this afternoon.

The freshman from Arizona had announced his intentions to enter the draft during Final Four weekend ten days ago, but did not rush into signing with an agent until now. He is projected to be selected anywhere from 3-7 according to numerous NBA executives we’ve spoken with, largely depending on the final order of the drafted lottery, which will be decided on May 20th.

The LA based Schwartz is considered one of the top agents in the NBA today, with a star-studded client list including players such as Jason Kidd, Paul Pierce, Lamar Odom, Emeka Okafor, Al Jefferson, Josh Howard, Tyson Chandler and others.

Other Agent Hirings

-The Lopez twins, Brook and Robin, both hired Wasserman Media Group’s Bob Myers to represent them in the draft.

- Eric Gordon will reportedly be represented by Rob Pelinka.

-As stated weeks ago exclusively by DraftExpress, Anthony Randolph indeed hired B.J. Armstrong of WMG.

-Devon Hardin signed with Lon Babby of Williams and Connolly.

-Jason Thompson has signed with CAA’s Andre Buck, as has Drexel’s Frank Elegar. Malik Hairston of Oregon will also be represented by CAA.

-Maarty Leunen of Oregon will be represented by Greg Lawrence of Wasserman Media Group.

-Bryce Taylor of Oregon will be represented by Priority Sports. Jaycee Carroll, Rob Kurz and Joe Ingles have also signed with Mark Bartelstein’s Chicago-based agency.

-New Mexico’s J.R. Giddens has signed with Aaron Mintz of Priority Sports.

-Courtney Lee has signed with Miami based Jason Levien, as has St. Joe’s senior Pat Calathes.

-Sonny Weems has signed with Roger Montgomery.

-Gary Forbes has signed with Bill Strickland and Blue Equity.

-Kyle Hines has signed with Lance Young of Octagon.

-Expect many more in the next week or two.</div>

Source

14. CelticBalla32

Rush (agent) and Arthur (no agent) are in.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Brandon Rush and Darrell Arthur, two key components of Kansas' National Championship team, both declared their intentions to enter the 2008 NBA Draft Thursday.

Rush, a 6-foot-6 junior guard from Kansas City, Mo., announced he will sign with an agent, making his decision irreversible. Arthur, however, will not yet hire an agent, meaning the 6-foot-9 sophomore forward may return to school provided he withdraws his name from the draft by the NBA's June 16 deadline.

Just a week and a half ago, Rush and Arthur helped lead the Jayhawks to their first NCAA Tournament title since 1988, completing a 37-3 season with a 75-68 overtime victory over Memphis in San Antonio. Rush had 12 points and six rebounds in the championship game, while Arthur was in force in the paint, scoring 20 points and grabbing a team-high 10 boards.

For the season, Rush averaged a team-best 13.3 points and 5.1 rebounds per game, shooting 42 percent from three-point range. A product of Mount Zion (NC) Christian Academy, Rush declared early for the draft following his sophomore season, but pulled out after a knee injury left his draft status in question.

Per NCAA rules, after declaring for the draft for a second time, Rush has no further collegiate eligibility.

Arthur posted averages of 12.8 points, 6.3 rebounds and 1.5 blocks per game during a stellar sophomore season that saw his stock skyrocket. The Dallas native was a McDonald's All-American during his senior season at South Oak Cliff High School, and is, like Rush, projected as a first-round pick.</div>

Source

Love and Westbrook are in.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>UCLA's star freshman center Kevin Love began a defection of Bruins today when he announced he is making himself available for the NBA draft.

"I'm in the right spot to take my game to the next level," Love said in a news conference at UCLA, calling his time there the best year of his life. "It has truly been special."

An hour later, sophomore guard Russell Westbrook also declared himself available for the draft.

Love said he will not immediately hire an agent, and will continue taking classes at UCLA. He said he consulted legendary former Bruin coach John Wooden in making his decision, and added he wants to take after UCLA greats Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Bill Walton and Jackie Robinson, and leave a legacy both on the court and off.

Love's departure -- announced a week after the Southland's other freshman phenom, USC's O.J. Mayo, announced his NBA intentions -- could be part of a wider exodus from Pauley Pavilion. Westbrook leaves after averaging 12.7 points, 4.3 assists and 3.9 rebounds per game for the Bruins this season.

Junior forward Luc Richard Mbah a Moute delayed a scheduled news conference appearance with Westbrook and is expected to have a final decision on his future by the weekend, a UCLA men's basketball spokesman said.

Junior guard Darren Collison is also weighing his options. Collison's mother, June, said her son "has 10 more days to make a decision, and, knowing Darren, that's what he'll do: take all 10 days. He's very methodical in his decision-making. It doesn't matter who stays or goes. He'll make his own decision."</div>

Source

15. CelticBalla32

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- Memphis junior guard Chris Douglas-Roberts said Friday he will enter the NBA draft.

A 6-foot-7 guard, Douglas-Roberts averaged 18.1 points, 4.1 rebounds, 1.8 assists and 1.2 steals in helping the Tigers to the NCAA national championship game.

"The past three years have been a great experience both on and off the court at the University of Memphis. I am truly grateful to the coaches and the university for giving me the opportunity to play and develop at Memphis, and I hope to represent them well in my NBA career," Douglas-Roberts said. "The ride that we all took together this year is what dreams are made of, and now I feel it is time to pursue my ultimate dream of playing in the NBA."

Teammate Derrick Rose announced he is entering the NBA draft earlier in the week.

"As I was for Derrick, I am just as happy and excited for Chris and the opportunity that is ahead of him," Memphis coach John Calipari said. "Like in years past, I have said that during the season, it is about the team, and that after the season, it's about the individual players. Chris did just that this year. Chris -- along with every player on the team -- gave his all for the team this season, and we are grateful for what he did for this program."</div>

Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>LOS ANGELES -- Luc Richard Mbah a Moute is the latest UCLA player intending to leave early for the NBA.

The junior forward said Friday he will enter the draft. The 6-foot-8 Mbah a Moute won't hire an agent right away, keeping him eligible to return to UCLA for his senior year.

"I feel that it is in my best interest to see what the NBA has to offer," Mbah a Moute said. "I have had a wonderful experience at UCLA."

Mbah a Moute joins All-American freshman Kevin Love and sophomore Russell Westbrook, who announced Thursday their intentions to go pro.

Mbah a Moute averaged 8.8 points and 6.0 rebounds per game during the regular season. The 21-year-old native of Cameroon was part of three consecutive Final Four teams at UCLA.

Mbah a Moute was hampered by a sprained ankle throughout this year's tournament that ended when UCLA lost to Memphis 78-63 in the national semifinals.

UCLA coach Ben Howland said Mbah a Moute will have to work on his jump shot, but believes his reputation as an active defender will pay off.

"Luc is a great rebounder and is an outstanding defender," Howland said. "He's the most versatile defensive player I've ever coached. He has been an integral part of the success that our program has achieved over the last three seasons. I fully support him exploring his opportunities to play in the NBA."</div>

Source

16. CelticBalla32

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Ohio State freshman basketball player Kosta Koufos told his hometown paper that he will declare for the NBA draft but will not hire an agent so he can keep the door open to returning to the Buckeyes.

Koufos text-messaged his intentions to The Repository (Canton) today.

When contacted by The Dispatch, Koufos referred all questions to his mother, who was not immediately available and did not return phone calls.

The 7-foot forward-center averaged 14.4 points and 6.7 rebounds for the Buckeyes last season. He averaged 18.2 points during Ohio State's run to the NIT championship, earning him tournament Most Outstanding Player honors.

Koufos is projected as a first-round pick but not necessarily a top-14 lottery selection. He could also choose to play in Europe. Last summer he turned down a lucrative offer to play in Greece, his mother's homeland.</div>

Source

17. o.iatlhawksfan

Koufos better go back to school

18. CelticBalla32

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>MILAN, Italy (AP)—Danilo Gallinari, the leading scorer in the Italian basketball league, declared for the NBA draft on Wednesday.

The 19-year-old Gallinari is averaging 17.5 points and 5.6 rebounds with Armani Jeans Milano. He’s shooting 39.8 percent from 3-point range.

At 6-foot-9, Gallinari is hoping to be a top 15 pick. He plays guard or forward.

Also Wednesday, Gallinari won the Rising Star award in the Euroleague as the best player under 22.

The draft is scheduled for June 26 and Gallinari will have until June 16 to decide to stay in or not.

Gallinari is looks to become the third Italian selected in three years.

The Toronto Raptors took Andrea Bargnani with the top pick in 2006, and Marco Belinelli was chosen 18th by the Golden State Warriors last year.</div>

Source

19. CelticBalla32

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>LAWRENCE, Kan. -- Kansas guard Mario Chalmers has declared for the NBA draft, but is leaving open the possibility of returning to the national champion Jayhawks by not signing with an agent.

Underclassmen will transform the 2008 NBA draft. Chad Ford takes a look at who's going, who's staying and who's on the fence. Story

The 6-foot-1 junior said Wednesday that he will enter the June 26 draft only if he's projected to be taken in the first round. He said he's currently projected to be picked between 25th and 35th, but hopes to move up through predraft workouts.

Chalmers hit one of the biggest shots in Kansas history, a 3-pointer with 2.1 seconds left to send the national championship game into overtime. The Jayhawks went on to beat Memphis 75-68 for their third national title.</div>

Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>AUSTIN, Texas -- D.J. Augustin is turning pro, and Texas teammate A.J. Abrams may be headed with him.

The Longhorns lost their All-America point guard Wednesday when Augustin announced he would skip his final two seasons at Texas and enter the NBA draft, where he is widely considered a a first-round pick.

"I have dreamed of playing in the NBA since I was a little boy, and I am ready to start living this dream," Augustin said.

Underclassmen will transform the 2008 NBA draft. Chad Ford takes a look at who's going, who's staying and who's on the fence. Story

Augustin, who averaged 19.2 points and 5.8 assists as a sophomore, has not hired an agent. That leaves him the option to change his mind before the June 26 draft, though there is no apparent indication that he would do so.

ESPN.com's Andy Katz reports that not hiring an agent is only a precautionary move, in case he somehow gets injured before the June 16 withdrawal deadline. The deadline to declare for the draft is Sunday.

Texas' staff isn't expecting him to return.

Abrams, a junior, also declared himself eligible Wednesday for the draft. The 5-foot-11 guard has also not hired an agent.</div>

Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) -- The Memphis Tigers' entire starting lineup last season has declared for the NBA draft now that juniors Antonio Anderson and Robert Dozier have become the last from the 2008 NCAA runner-up to announce.

The school announced Wednesday that neither Anderson and Dozier is expected to sign with an agent, leaving the possibility of returning for their senior season open.

They join Derrick Rose and Chris Douglas-Roberts as early entries along with senior center Joey Dorsey.

With a deep pool of underclassmen entering the draft, Anderson and Dozier are unlikely to get drafted with their teammates. But Memphis coach John Calipari says Anderson and Dozier will be able to work out for teams, participate in pre-draft camp and get feedback from scouts.</div>

Source

20. Universe

Universe Hall of Fame