Official 2008 NFL Draft Discussion Thread!!!!!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Pack Attack, Apr 26, 2008.

1. ghoti

ghoti A PhD in Horribleness

The Giants just took my favorite QB in the entire draft!

Ironically, he will be replacing the exact same player he replaced in college.

Man, I am so happy about this!!

2. The Return of the Raider

The Return of the Raider Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ghoti @ Apr 27 2008, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The Giants just took my favorite QB in the entire draft!

Man, I am so happy about this!!</div>

funny. I wonder what that other player is thinking to himself right about now.

3. ghoti

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Return of the Raider @ Apr 27 2008, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ghoti @ Apr 27 2008, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The Giants just took my favorite QB in the entire draft!

Man, I am so happy about this!!</div>

funny. I wonder what that other player is thinking to himself right about now.

</div>

He's ranking the cities with backup QB needs by quality of restaurants.

4. The Return of the Raider

GB gets another QB!

5. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

Good old Ted Thompson... Continuing to do absolutely everything in his power to make sure Brett stays retired. He'll probably take another QB with his final 7th rounder, just to make sure...and then sign Culpepper later tonight.

Die, Brett, die!!!!!

6. The Return of the Raider

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pack Attack @ Apr 27 2008, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Good old Ted Thompson... Continuing to do absolutely everything in his power to make sure Brett stays retired. He'll probably take another QB with his final 7th rounder, just to make sure...and then sign Culpepper later tonight.

Die, Brett, die!!!!!</div>

It's like he thinks that if he buys enough lottery tickets, that he willl eventually win the lottery. These guys aren't going to fill Favres shoes, ever, but he is going to keep on buying and scratching tickets until he finds Favre again.

7. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

I cant believe the Giants took Woodson. They have two #1 overall picks in David Carr and Eli Manning, Jared Lorenzen and Anthony Wright who has started a good amount in the league.

I really wanted the Panther or Cardinals to draft woodson, but the giants took him [​IMG].

I think Adrius Bowman is the best player still in the draft.

8. ghoti

The Giants can sit Woodson for years and just slowly develop him.

He's got a ton of potential. I don't think they view Lorenzen as a long-term developmental project.

9. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

Raiders took ANOTHER friggen WR. Chaz Schilens; 6'4 208 lbs ran a 4.34 40, 43 inch vert jump.

10. GMJ

GMJ Suspended

I LOVE the Tashard Choice pick. I'll probably get his jersey before I do Felix's

Here's a blurb from SI on drafting 2 RB's:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>With the Cowboys acknowledging that they don't see Felix Jones handling the full-time rushing load, it's Choice who legitimately will be Barber's backup. Jones will be a situational back, or a change of pace back.

Choice has a little confidence about him. In his conference call with Cowboys beat writers on Sunday, he informed them that he's going to "surprise some people'' and make teams pay for "sleeping on'' him in the draft.</div>

Link

11. Vintage

Vintage Defeating Communism...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GMJigga @ Apr 27 2008, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I LOVE the Tashard Choice pick. I'll probably get his jersey before I do Felix's

Here's a blurb from SI on drafting 2 RB's:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>With the Cowboys acknowledging that they don't see Felix Jones handling the full-time rushing load, it's Choice who legitimately will be Barber's backup. Jones will be a situational back, or a change of pace back.

Choice has a little confidence about him. In his conference call with Cowboys beat writers on Sunday, he informed them that he's going to "surprise some people'' and make teams pay for "sleeping on'' him in the draft.</div>

Link
    </div>

They were talking about Felix today (as in Wade, Brian Stewart, Jerry, and Stephen).... it sounds like Jones is going to be used all over the place, which is what I suspected. They'll split him out wide, at RB, etc.

12. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

Any idea what the Packers got as compensation from New Orleans for that late 7th rounder?

13. The Return of the Raider

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Run BJM @ Apr 27 2008, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Raiders took ANOTHER friggen WR. Chaz Schilens; 6'4 208 lbs ran a 4.34 40, 43 inch vert jump.</div>

these guys are going to play special teams, probably.

14. The Return of the Raider

Jets were trying to get Chris Long. Poor Jets got Gholston instead.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Before the Rams took Chris Long at No.2, the Jets called St.Louis. Mike Tannenbaum and Eric Mangini wanted Long, an energetic pass rusher who had 14 sacks last year playing for ex-Jets coach Al Groh. But the Rams' price was so exorbitant, the Jets basically said "see you later." It was a one-and-done phone call. No more talk.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE ('Lane Kiffin')</div><div class='quotemain'>
    We’re so fortunate for him to fall to us the way he did. There was even at one point, there was even a conversation where we were even thinking of going up to get him. At one point, where we thought somebody else was going to go up and get him, we were going to try to beat them. Fortunately, the information we ended up with was accurate that he would be there and it worked out perfect.</div>

Once Long was gone to St. Louis, the Jets wanted McFadden, who would have added explosion to their offense. The Falcons took Ryan at No.3, but then the Raiders took McFadden. Despite pre-draft speculation that the Raiders, already with four running backs, would go for defensive line help, they picked McFadden over Dorsey and Gholston.

"I knew months ago that this is a guy we had to have and we have to figure out a way to get him," Raiders coach Lane Kiffin said.

</div>

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football...chris_long.html

15. gambitnut

gambitnut Freek

computer build instructor
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JCB @ Apr 26 2008, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ghoti @ Apr 26 2008, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JCB @ Apr 26 2008, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Can someone please tell me why the Titans reach in the first round EVERY SINGLE YEAR? This is ridiculous.</div>

I understand your reaction, but he really is the most breathtaking athlete in the draft.

A guy who plays with that kind of speed only comes around once every five years or so.

I bet they can get a good WR in a later round who can compare to Devin Thomas.
    </div>

I like Johnson, especially as a potential kick returner, but just don't get why we drafted him in the first round. Just doesn't make sense to me. I'm hoping we somehow end this night with Sweed drafted.
    </div>

I was just thinking about something. They drafted RBs the high in the past few drafts. Johnson has some weaknesses at RB. Their biggest need was WR. All of the WRs were still on the board. Doesn't add up ...

... unless they drafted him as a WR. Is he the best WR in the draft? Don't know, but he is the fastest player at whatever position he plays, and his ESPN profile says he can play WR.

16. Vintage

Vintage Defeating Communism...

Johnson has the ability to come in and play slot WR too.... he has good hands. His versatility and speed really helped his stock.