Official 2009 Rutgers Recruiting Thread

Discussion in 'College Football' started by JCB, May 28, 2008.

1. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    It may not happen today, but by the end of this week, there is a very high chance Rutgers could receive a commitment from a big-time prospect. If he does commit, I'd put him as one of the top 5 recruits in the Greg Schiano era. Not as big as Anthony Davis or Tom Savage; think more along the lines of Manny Abreu. That should give you an indication of how significant this would be.

2. o.iatlhawksfan

o.iatlhawksfan ROFLMFAO!!!!

Who is it?

3. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    I don't want to say, yet. It's a running back, though.

4. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Okay, latest news is that he's waiting two weeks to make the announcement at his school. He has final exams next week, so he'll wait until those are over to make the decision public at a press conference. It will be between Rutgers and West Virginia. He is scarily similar to Ray Rice, except he has better hands and has been more highly recruited out of high school.

Oh, and "he" is Desmond Scott.

5. o.iatlhawksfan

o.iatlhawksfan ROFLMFAO!!!!

Wow the #2 RB in the country that would be a hige get. maybe he'll chose to go the Rutger, since WV had Noel Divine.

6. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Forget the two weeks announcement. I think it's been moved to this Wednesday sometime around noon. With the way this has been going, it might change again tomorrow.

7. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Link

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Rutgers relied on a familiar connection in picking up its latest football commitment yesterday, and may be able to thank one of the most famous names the program has ever had -- Ray Rice -- if it lands a coveted four-star recruit tomorrow.

Mike Larrow, a 6-3 1/2, 250-pound defensive end from Union High School -- where former Rutgers star linebacker Brian Sheridan is the head coach -- became the sixth player to give head coach Greg Schiano a verbal commitment for 2009.

The next player to join him could be running back Desmond Scott of Hillside High School in Durham, N.C. Rated the nation's No. 2 all-purpose back by Rivals.com, Scott, a Rice-type back, is expected to choose Rutgers tomorrow at a press conference at his high school, according to Rivals.com recruiting expert Mike Farrell.

"From everything I've heard it's between Rutgers and West Virginia with Rutgers the leader now," Farrell said. "Nothing is in stone until he says it and then signs the letter of intent, but it looks good for Rutgers."

Farrell said the 5-9, 185-pound Scott is "very similar to Ray Rice."

"He's not quite as squat as Ray was, but he is probably a better pass receiver at this stage of his career than Ray was," Farrell said. "He's strong and runs low to the ground the way Ray did. He saw what a good fit Rice was at Rutgers."</div>

8. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    All signs are pointing to Rutgers. But we'll see for sure tomorrow.

9. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Scott to Rutgers now official. This is definitely shaping up to be the best class ever by a very large margin.

10. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Another top RU target, Mark Brazinski, will be deciding on the 10th between RU, Boston College, Florida State, and UPenn. My gut feeling is it will be Penn so he can get an Ivy League education and follow in his brother's footsteps. And you can't blame him if he goes that route.

11. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Jordan Hill, a defensive tackle from PA, has committed to Rutgers. Talk about a good week.

12. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JCB @ Jun 5 2008, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Another top RU target, Mark Brazinski, will be deciding on the 10th between RU, Boston College, Florida State, and UPenn. My gut feeling is it will be Penn so he can get an Ivy League education and follow in his brother's footsteps. And you can't blame him if he goes that route.</div>

Brazinski chose Rutgers a little while ago.

13. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Malcolm Bush, the top tight end in New Jersey, might be making a decision in the next few days. And I can pretty much guarantee you it will be Rutgers.

14. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Steve Beauharnais has committed to Rutgers. He's one of the best kept secrets in NJ this year because he attends Saddle Brook. If he went to a bigger school, ala Don Bosco Prep, he'd have double digit offers, possibly even numbers into the 20's.

15. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JCB @ Jun 14 2008, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Steve Beauharnais has committed to Rutgers. He's one of the best kep secrets in NJ this year because he attends Saddle Brook. If he went to a bigger school, ala Don Bosco Prep, he'd have double digit offers, possibly even numbers into the 20's.</div>

Sophomore Highlights.

16. #1_War_Poet_ForLife

#1_War_Poet_ForLife The Baker of Cakes

This class is looking terrific. Pumped for years to come.

17. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (#1_Yinka_Dare_Fan @ Jun 14 2008, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>This class is looking terrific. Pumped for years to come.</div>

Yep. I'm actually getting kind of worried, though. We now have 10 commitments, with a likely 11th coming in a few days with Malcolm Bush, which means we only have about 6-7 ships left for this class. And there are like 10 more kids we're in good shape with. I'm afraid we might have to turn someone away later in the year.

18. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Mark Harrison a receiver/tight end from Connecticut has committed to Rutgers. He visited the school today and committed. He's an absolute beast at 6'4" and about 215 lbs and is very, very athletic for his size. He currently has some grade issues and may not qualify, but you can be sure the RU staff will work with him throughout his senior year to get him straightened out.

And an update on Malcolm Bush: he'll be deciding within two weeks and is waiting for written offers from Tennessee and Florida. I still think he ends up at Rutgers, though I'm not as sure as I was last week.

19. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    Okay. This is getting ridiculous. We have another commitment, this one from Aaron Hayward, a WR/RB from New Jersey. Aaron is a tremendous athlete and has been a rumored Rutgers lean for months. He pulled the trigger tonight and committed. His college position will most likely be WR, though he can be used in the backfield as well; he's a very dangerous weapon. Rutgers is on fire right now in recruiting.

20. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    I kid you not; there has been another commitment. Today, Duron Harmon verbally committed to Rutgers. He is a safety/big corner from Delaware and has been near the top of my wish list for some time now. Stay tuned tomorrow because another one might be coming.